Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:00 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I wouldn't vote for Palin but I could understand if she didn't really read any news publications. Many of them are failing now and are in dire need of finding something to make money on which usually clouds judgment.

What do you mean "clouds judgement?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is pretty hillarious, the left is in knots over a person they think is so stupid and shallow. They are so obssessed by her they are helping her. As she said, she has a great book salesman in Letterman. By always talking about her they are giving her what she wants, power.
She really should send a thank you to the left!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The media has it out for her? Please. Without the media, she'd be unemployed.
Actually she'd probably still be governor of Alaska.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I keep hearing you people say this, but why would anybody be scared of a quitter who is essentially out promoting a book? The Dems have Congress and Obama as President. WTF could they possibly be "Scared" of?

Such mindless bumper sticker talk, and immature.
The Left does fear Palin, not as a potential candidate for president, but for what she represents. For years the Left cornered the public relations market on what an intelligent, strong, ambitious and successful woman should look and sound like. Think the cookie-cutter feminist. Then along comes Palin who is all of the above but who doesn't look and sound like the typical feminist. Palin threatens their brand and they'll have none of it. That is why the attacks on her have been so vicious and relentless. They need to destroy her. Remember: they did the same thing to Justice Clarence Thomas. It was unthinkable to them that the wrong kind of black man should ascend to the Supreme Court and they tried to destroy him, as well.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Barbara Walters asked her legitimate questions and still no coherent answers to any policy or issue.....and now she's contradicting herself between the original campaign emails - oprah - and her book....
Have you seen our national debt its 12,031,299,186,290.07 Who cares what Palin said to Barbra Walters. Seriously

Old 11-18-2009, 06:32 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I didn't watch the Walters or Oprah interviews because I don't watch their shows, normally. Palin is doing enough appearances that she's bound to be interviewed on some show I watch. But, you know, I bought her book, so maybe I'll make up my own mind once I read it.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I didn't watch the Walters or Oprah interviews because I don't watch their shows, normally. Palin is doing enough appearances that she's bound to be interviewed on some show I watch. But, you know, I bought her book, so maybe I'll make up my own mind once I read it.
Purchased her book yesterday. I'll see what I think, for myself, as well.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:09 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Barbara Walters asked her legitimate questions and still no coherent answers to any policy or issue.....and now she's contradicting herself between the original campaign emails - oprah - and her book....

Well, it's like this: There was this slight flaw in the space-time continuum creating an opportunity for the time worms and, and, and..................

Old 11-18-2009, 10:15 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

What do you mean "clouds judgment?"
Exactly...

Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The Left does fear Palin, not as a potential candidate for president, but for what she represents. For years the Left cornered the public relations market on what an intelligent, strong, ambitious and successful woman should look and sound like. Think the cookie-cutter feminist. Then along comes Palin who is all of the above but who doesn't look and sound like the typical feminist. Palin threatens their brand and they'll have none of it. That is why the attacks on her have been so vicious and relentless. They need to destroy her. Remember: they did the same thing to Justice Clarence Thomas. It was unthinkable to them that the wrong kind of black man should ascend to the Supreme Court and they tried to destroy him, as well.
Nice try but you're way off the mark. SP is good-looking and ambitious, and has a lot of energy, but she's not very intelligent, she's small-minded and ignorant, and her success is based on her star-power. I think the way her fans imagine her is the way they wish she were, but dont misrepresent her. Or them.

Clarence Thomas, it's not his race, it's his far-right ideology and the fact that he was nominated by GWB for the superficial reason that he happens to be black. And never mind the Anita Hill business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies