Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times

Advertisements

This one exchange bothers me on so many levels.
TODD: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - can you understand why it is offensive to some for this terrorist to get all the legal privileges of any American citizen?

OBAMA: I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him.

TODD: But having that kind of confidence of a conviction - I mean one of the purposes of doing - going to the Justice Department and not military court is to show of the the world our fairness in our court system.

OBAMA: Well --

TODD: But you also just said that he was going to be convicted and given the death penalty.

OBAMA: Look - what I said was people will not be offended if that's the outcome. I'm not pre-judging; I'm not going to be in that courtroom, that's the job of prosecutors, the judge and the jury.

Chuck Todd's interview with Obama - First Read - msnbc.com

First of all, the president thinks we are so blood thirsty for vengeance that the process will not matter to us as long we can have the thrill of seeing Khalid get executed?

Secondly, the president of our country, and the attorney general have both declare these guys guilty, and all but said the trial is nothing more then a formality.

I want these animals prosecuted, but it is as if 0bama and Holder are trying to give these terrorists a reason to declare a mistrial, under the grounds that they cannot get a fair trial. Holder and 0bama are acting like complete amateurs, the comments they are making would be something I'd expect from a guy at the local bar, not from our president and his attorney general.

Quote:
Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, says the prosecution can demonstrate the "power" of the U.S. justice system. "We have a judicial system that is the envy of the world," Leahy told CBS' Face the Nation. "Let's show the world that we can use that power."

Plans to try 9/11 suspect in NYC draw fire - Navy News, news from Iraq - Navy Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies