Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:30 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
yes it is, There really is no Middle east its a term COINED by britain all that is ASIA
So, if there really is no Middle East, how can you argue that Afghanistan is in a place that doesn't exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:38 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
The report measures perceived levels of public sector corruption in 180 countries, drawing on surveys of businesses and experts.
Surveys? Would this be like SHS surveys where they ask people to remember someone else's exposure who has been dead 20 years? What was the criteria? Were the claims verified? Was there any due diligence in the process? The article didn't cite the research properly, so it is difficult to even know where this research is exactly.

I am sorry, but viewing this article with anything more than a shrug would be beyond irresponsible and ignorant to say the least.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:56 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
=momonkey;11687889]Iraq was ruled by a dictator who did unspeakable things to his own citizens and invited the wrath of the entire world because of his destructive tendencies.
Hmm So does Sudan, which removes and chases citizens out of the country and this is well known and all we do is try to dialogue no invasion on sudan why is that.. the conflicts in iraq are most likely sect violence shia vs sunni and you have to only figure out or research why one or the other was in power and or suppressed the other and then you have kurds with no country living within iraq..who may have fought against the iraqi gov and got caught later thats terrorism if someone did it to our goverment. you dare not to ask why he did those things to his own citizens, do you know why iraq isnt america, you break the law there you pay for it.

Quote:
Today they have elections.

so that they have elections it means something, there are countless other countries who have no elections smells OILY! even powell once said some countries dont have our interest enough.

Quote:
It may or may not last as a democracy, but I'll give W credit for believing in representative democracy enough to at least try to set people free.

this is like something an american would say with no knowledge of that country nor people.

Quote:
Afghanistan may not embrace western-style democracy, but if we can at least leave a pro-western government, everyone will be better off in the long run.
a pro western goverment = a PUPPET who will do everything the US tells them. like the shia dictator with put in IRAN which was overthrown 20 years later and american hostages were taken because of it, because of what u may ask? our involvement in meddling in their politics in the 50's what goes around comes around some of us AMERICANS are quick to cry about something all while not knowing the root of the problem was or what actuall started it.

Quote:
As we have seen in Iran, the cost of doing nothing is far too high
hmm yes because they have resources we want..as long as they see other countries with NUCS in the west their obligated to have them too and their well within their rights to have them, so what they threatened israel lol. that country is gonna fall on its ass for its sins as well.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
So, if there really is no Middle East, how can you argue that Afghanistan is in a place that doesn't exist?

because i can, and its an accepted term and area. that i bet you call as well now S,U.....BOTTOM LINE ITS IN ASIA

Old 11-28-2009, 10:10 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
Stop rewarding bad behavior with Pat$ on the head. We have corruption in our own country. Karzai is a joke. The U$ loves to set up dy$functional $ituations a$ an excu$e to keep the finger in the pie. Our leaders tell them to behave "or else," and never follow up with the "or else." Joe and Mary Hardworker are paying for this insanity. Saddam was allowed to be very bad for a long time. He got $$ from the US, and was the "golden boy." I wonder who will be the next former "golden child" to be villified in the future ? The US has established a pattern, like a schizo kid.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Stop rewarding bad behavior with Pat$ on the head. We have corruption in our own country. Karzai is a joke. The U$ loves to set up dy$functional $ituations a$ an excu$e to keep the finger in the pie. Our leaders tell them to behave "or else," and never follow up with the "or else." Joe and Mary Hardworker are paying for this insanity. Saddam was allowed to be very bad for a long time. He got $$ from the US, and was the "golden boy." I wonder who will be the next former "golden child" to be villified in the future ? The US has established a pattern, like a schizo kid.

did you know that the US still owed them money? hence the assasination attempt of BUSH SR.

bush and reagan both done dealings in the Middle east which is catching up now. and has been since the early 90's

Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 AM

839 posts, read 982,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Berlin - The most corrupt countries -- Afghanistan and Iraq, which receive billions of dollars a year in U.S. and other foreign support, are among the world's most corrupt governments, a monitoring group said in a report released Tuesday.

The world's most corrupt governments:

2. Afghanistan

4. Iraq

read full article: The world's most corrupt governments -- latimes.com

I would like to thank Bush for spending around $1 trillion dollars to accomplish it. It was worth all the money and all the innocent people dying. Mission Accomplished man.
I'm not really looking to get into the argument in this thread, I just want to point out that Afghanistan is not part of the Middle East. Rather, it is at the crossroads of Central and South Asia.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
I'm not really looking to get into the argument in this thread, I just want to point out that Afghanistan is not part of the Middle East. Rather, it is at the crossroads of Central and South Asia.
Ok, Bush's legacy is two corrupt governments in SW Asia. Everyone happy now?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
the middle east is in asia

Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 AM

731 posts, read 776,026 times
The U.S. used Saddam for a long time and then when Saddam started rejecting their demands, they invaded his country because he had Oil. In 2007. 60% of Afghans said that the Karzai's government was the most corrupt government in 40 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies