Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:46 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course race is not the cause factor. I could care less about the race. The high crime rate, which directly correlates to certain racial makeups, is what caused me to move into the suburbs.

It doesn't matter to me if you're black, white, yellow, or red; if the collective actions of a community are such that I feel that my family is threatened, then I will move.

You can debunk stats all you want, but there are plenty of studies to prove that the black population has a higher crime rate. In the case that I fled to the suburbs, the crime rate was high and the city was majority black. Only a liberal like yourself would try to turn it around into a case of not "understand{ing} how to actually read statistics." Pure idiocy, but par for the course for liberal flunkies.

i'll ask you too than to show me the peer reviewed research without poverty or socio-economics as an undrlying factor.

I await it.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:57 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
good point on who gets caught being we all (most of us) realize AA's are profiled by police.
Are all of those surveillance cameras in convenience stores profiling AAs also when they are robbing it?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Are all of those surveillance cameras in convenience stores profiling AAs also when they are robbing it?
Houston one of my friends is a cop and black, they profile all of the time.
You don't even want to hear what they call young black men.
It starts with a N

Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Houston one of my friends is a cop and black, they profile all of the time.
You don't even want to hear what they call young black men.
It starts with a N
Then you need to report him/her.

But that is not an answer to my question?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Quote:
Maybe you should read about the culture of poverty and the culture of AA's before making a carte blanche statement.
You are incorrect. That is the typical liberal nonsense designed to obscure what is really going on. There is more crime in poor black neighborhoods than there is in poor white neighborhoods.

It's true that more crime is commited in poor neighborhoods than middle or upper class neighborhoods and this includes poor white neighborhoods. But why is there so much more crime in poor black neighborhoods? Obviously something else is going on.

- Reel

Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
thats like saying white's need to acknowledge white pedophiles and serial killers
We do.

There is pedophile living in my area. If that Moderator cut: language sets a toe on my property, he's toast.

David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer were both white serial killers. There, I said it.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 11-20-2009 at 08:16 AM..

Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You are incorrect. That is the typical liberal nonsense designed to obscure what is really going on. There is more crime in poor black neighborhoods than there is in poor white neighborhoods.

It's true that more crime is commited in poor neighborhoods than middle or upper class neighborhoods and this includes poor white neighborhoods. But why is there so much more crime in poor black neighborhoods. Obviously something else is going on.

- Reel

Can you provide the statistics your quoting? You are making a statement as if its documented FACT, please provide the data your using.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
i'll ask you too than to show me the peer reviewed research without poverty or socio-economics as an undrlying factor.

I await it.
Come on guy. I'm 10 steps ahead of you. Do you seriously think that anyone, including myself, would look at crime statistics and NOT factor in poverty or socio-economics? Of course they are a factor. That much is a given. Is your modus operandi to constantly state the obvious? If so, you're definitely doing a good job.

Poverty and socio-economics of the city I lived in were certainly a factor to the increased crime rates. Which is precisely why I moved out into the suburbs. White folks. Less Crime. Statistically conducive to the lifestyle I sought. Pretty simple concept really.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:25 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Quote:
hello.....think you answered your own question?? it's called profiling. Black people are profiled as criminals by police and other people.
You made me laugh out loud. Read the whole post. Blacks are under-represented in stops, my friend. If they are commiting 80% of the shootings according to victims and witnesses then they might should be stopped 80% of the time and not at the rate of their numbers in the population.

- Reel

Old 11-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Can you provide the statistics your quoting? You are making a statement as if its documented FACT, please provide the data your using.
You know damn well that no government agency is going to put that out...and you know why!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies