Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You know damn well that no government agency is going to put that out...and you know why!

the statement was made as if it was fact so the information had to come from somewhere. And NO i don't know why.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:43 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You made me laugh out loud. Read the whole post. Blacks are under-represented in stops, my friend. If they are commiting 80% of the shootings according to victims and witnesses then they might should be stopped 80% of the time and not at the rate of their numbers in the population.

- Reel

Your still quoting statistics that no one else has seen. Again, can you provide the information that your referencing

Old 11-19-2009, 03:20 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
the statement was made as if it was fact so the information had to come from somewhere. And NO i don't know why.
Because it would be called a racist report by the government...

Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Blacks are about 12% or 13% of the population in this country yet commit over 50% of the violent crime. Economics cannot be blamed for this because there are more poor whites in this country than poor blacks.

It's true that there is less crime in middle and upper class black neighborhoods but there is still more crime than there is in upper and mddle class white neighborhoods. There is more crime in poor black neighborhoods than there is in poor white neighborhoods. There are more active ethics investigation of blacks in Congress than whites as a percentage of their numbers in Congress.

In New York City, not a majority black city, during the fist three months of 2009, 52 percent of all people stopped for questioning were black, nine percent were white. Blacks are 24 percent of the population but were 52 percent of all stops.

New York City Crime reports for this period obtained from victims and witnesses indicate that blacks commit about 82 percent of all shootings and 72 percent of all roberries. Whites commit about 5 percent of all violent crimes. Whites make up about 35 percent of the city's population.

People like to say that they are poor and that's why they commit more crime or that racism is to blame but there is something more going on here than economics or racism. Those who talk about black culture may be a little closer to the truth. As long as we keep lying about the problem there will be no solution. Only when we accept the truth can we begin to look at possible solutions.

Crime in the black community is more of a social pathology. Blacks also have a 70% illegitimacy rate, a recent CDC report indicates that blacks account for 71% of reorted ghonorrhea cases and almost half of chlamdia and syphillis cases in 2008:

Sex infections still growing in U.S., says CDC | General News | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20091116/NEWS-US-SEX-DISEASES-USA/ - broken link)

These are all the result of social pathologies. I congratulate the OP for attempting to open up an honest dialog regarding these things. The majority of blacks are not social pathologists (did I just make up a phrase?). We need to make a distinction just as we do between radical Islamic extremists and everyday Muslims or Christian extremists and everyday Christians.

I've done a lot of thinking, reading and research on this and I've got some ideas which I may share if this doesn't become another bash blacks thread. Although I imagine many folks would not like my ideas anyway but it does seem to me that something has to be done. Also, I think it is difficult to talk about this problem without it seeming as though we are bashing blacks. Sometimes I fall into that myself. I become frustrated because of the denial. I try to get people to admit that there is a problem so that we can discuss solutions.

- Reel
The question is who is committing such violence? Gang violence is a big issue in the African-American community. Another thing to think about is the issue involving crack. Crack made already violent cities more violent. You think the USA was bad? Medeillin, Colombia, a city with relatively fewer blacks than most cities, had 500 murders a month during the late 1980's. There might be more poor whites than poor blacks, but whites make up 2/3 of the USA population. Blacks make up 13% of the population, so there is a higher proportion of poverty in the African-American community. Economics plays a part. As for the social pathologies in African-American communities, what do you think is the cause of these pathologies?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Because it would be called a racist report by the government...
Exactly. "Institutional racism" the liberals would be screaming. The same kind of dangerous political correctness that allowed a mentally incompetent loser like Nidal Hasan to last as long as he did at Fort Hood. This is why the media rarely reports on black-on-white crime anymore but are only to happy to publish a white criminal's picture in the paper. This is the liberal media we're talking about, they could barely call Hasan what he is: a muslim terrorist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
We have been brainwashed to believe they are a disease, inferior, murderes, thugs, etc. Everytime I watch a movie, the African dude has to play the role of a rapist or a convict, etc.
Complete exaggeration. I rarely see black characters portrayed as the bad guy anymore, either in movies or on TV. If anything, they're often portrayed as moral upstanding people who've been done wrong by the world. I'm sick of seeing all the judges on TV being portrayed by black women. Hollywood has a strange lack of diversity when it comes to "positive stereotypes".

Old 11-19-2009, 03:53 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
White Flight happens for a reason.

Those who cram diversity down our collective throats need only look at racial makeup of the cities with high crime rates to understand.

Statistics don't lie.

If it comes down to diversity or protecting my family from the criminal scum of this earth.....well I believe you know the answer to that. I flew the coop a long time ago.
Bingo. People don't care to listen to it, they'd rather scream "racist" while they feel its ok the new diverse neighbor just stole my car.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:55 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Your still quoting statistics that no one else has seen. Again, can you provide the information that your referencing
This is a typical debate tactic here on CD. If someone says something you don't like just ask them for links or official statistics. The theory being if they don't bother to do your research then they must be wrong. It's a lazy-man's debate tactic.

I read a lot and I've read a lot on this issue. So I 'googled' it and came up with a link:

FACE FACTS ON FRISKS

There is a lot out there if you are interested. Just google it and do your own research.

- Reel

Old 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Bingo. People don't care to listen to it, they'd rather scream "racist" while they feel its ok the new diverse neighbor just stole my car.
No the scream comes from you assuming that the new diverse neighbor is going to steal your car.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:59 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
As for the social pathologies in African-American communities, what do you think is the cause of these pathologies?

Let's start with this before we get to what I may think is the cause.

Do you believe that social pathology is a significant problem in certain segments of the black community?

- Reel

Old 11-19-2009, 04:03 PM

12 posts, read 47,874 times
Quote:
You are incorrect. That is the typical liberal nonsense designed to obscure what is really going on. There is more crime in poor black neighborhoods than there is in poor white neighborhoods.

It's true that more crime is commited in poor neighborhoods than middle or upper class neighborhoods and this includes poor white neighborhoods. But why is there so much more crime in poor black neighborhoods? Obviously something else is going on.

- Reel
Simply because African Americans are often jealous of one another. If one makes 5 more dollars more a year than the other AA, violence can really break out. If a 16 year old drives a '98 Toyota Camry and a 25 year old doesn't have a car or drives a '97 Camry, the one that drives the '97 goes crazy and gets jealous. Jealousy is the number one reason why we have more black-on-black crimes than black-on-white. IT's SICKENING!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies