Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:56 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times

Advertisements

Reagan/Volcker took the unpopular approach and raised interest rates to 20%. Ben "always wrong" Bernanke is doing the exact opposite. History will prove the former to be the correct decision and the latter a guaranteed method to destroy your currency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Have no fear,they are union and will get all the bail outs that they need.They will start another cash for clunkers on top of that.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:11 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I was driving along a major state highway in Pa early last year( spring) and saw Pendot workers cutting down trees along the sides of the road. The trees were well back away from the highway so I was a little ticked off that they'd cut them down since they were a hazard to no one and probably provided shelter to birds. I hate to see trees get cut down for no reason. Its not like they were near power lines where it is necessary.
Anyway, I thought they have these guys on the state payroll and probably just wanted to give them something to do. I guess my tax dollars were being wasted but if they went to some shlob's paycheck at least that was something. Better than having them paid to sit on their butts although there are many many roads that could use repairing and that would be better than cutting down trees that didn't need cutting.
The final insult to injury. I'm on this road again last week and right were they cut down the trees they put up a marker saying this highway's "improvements" were done with federal stimulus funds. WTF? How retarded are they to think anybody would be stupid enough to be happy they pissed money away like that? I donated money to help restore a local dam's historical lockhouse and the government hasn't contributed a dime. We're also closing state historical sites due to budget cuts and they could use some federal funding. No, the stimulus money gets pissed away or gets shifted to pet projects or hidden or doesn't even get spent but they say it did.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Reasonable people understand that we were close to having a second Great Depression, and that we're better off than we were a year ago.

Reasonable people will also understand that the unemployment rate under Reagan (the hero of the Republican Party) increased for the first two years he was in office. I seriously doubt that the current state of the economy would have been much different under McCain/Palin.
That is true but reagan did spend the billions that Obama and the democrats have ;p0utting the nation in further danger with no results that forbode anything but harm for the future. That is the real problem that americans will see in future years as it comes due with interest.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Default Green shoots! 43 states report increase in unemployment.

Much worse than expected.

Unemployment rates rise in 43 states in December - Jan. 22, 2010

Old 01-22-2010, 11:12 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Surprise, surprise.........NOT!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
[MOD CUT]

Add in another million who were taken off the list of unemployed because their benefits ran out.

Add in another 1-2 percent to the REAL number.

I am going to say it again.

It seems that Obama is destroying us financially on purpose with his policies.

No way could someone screw up a country like he has by mistake with an open checkbook and a stacked deck.

Wonder if he learned this from Alinsky?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-31-2010 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: discuss topics, not other posters

Old 01-22-2010, 11:15 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Surprise, surprise.........NOT!

The word is

UNEXPECTED

Get it right.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 AM

When numbers are up, the Obama-trons point it out and do a little dancing. When the numbers are down and the opposition points it out, they say "why do you hate America?"

Guess you CAN have your cake and eat it too.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:18 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The economy is in neutral right now but possibly sliding backinto reverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies