Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Global warming rigged? Here's the email I'd need to see | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

Quote:
But there are some messages that require no spin to make them look bad. There appears to be evidence here of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released, and even to destroy material that was subject to a freedom of information request.

Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics, or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I believe that the head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 11:01 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
I can't help but say, those of you who have not "honestly" looked at this issue and seriously weighted the consequences of such actions not only for the side of AGW, but for climate science in general, then I can only say that you are no different than the self serving and easily manipulated individuals of the Salem Witch trials. That is, you accept the lies because you have some personal investment in the falsities being continued or you are so ignorant and easily manipulated to care.

Those who have had pro-AGW positions and have approached this issue with somewhat of a humble manner at least understand the seriousness in this information. For that, I can say I respect your position and reserve.

For those who so arrogantly walk in attempting to wave off any and all factual evidence to prolong an inevitable failure of position, well... you are what history calls... "The backs of ignorance to which manipulation walks on". May your numbers dwindle as you are the backbone to which corruption and oppression thrive.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
AGW activist/journalist in the UK calls for Phil Jones resignation, re-analysis of the data and issues apology:

Quote:
Global warming rigged? Here's the email I'd need to see | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

It's no use pretending this isn't a major blow. The emails extracted by a hacker from the climatic research unit at the University of East Anglia could scarcely be more damaging. I am now convinced that they are genuine, and I'm dismayed and deeply shaken by them.

Yes, the messages were obtained illegally. Yes, all of us say things in emails that would be excruciating if made public. Yes, some of the comments have been taken out of context. But there are some messages that require no spin to make them look bad. There appears to be evidence here of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released, and even to destroy material that was subject to a freedom of information request.

Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics, or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I believe that the head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign. Some of the data discussed in the emails should be re-analysed.

Quote:
I apologise. I was too trusting of some of those who provided the evidence I championed. I would have been a better journalist if I had investigated their claims more closely.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
AGW activist/journalist in the UK calls for Phil Jones resignation, re-analysis of the data and issues apology:
dang. even the guy whose dingbattiness gave us the term 'moonbat' has more intellectual integrity than the AGW-bots on this board.

good for him.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
dang. even the guy whose dingbattiness gave us the term 'moonbat' has more intellectual integrity than the AGW-bots on this board.

good for him.
Not to worry though. The devoted, over at the church of al Gore, are busy trying to present the gloomiest scenarios of our future that they can imagine, to frighten the world into ignoring the man behind the curtain.

Quote:
The world is now firmly on course for the worst-case scenario in terms of climate change, with average global temperatures rising by up to 6C by the end of the century, leading scientists said yesterday. Such a rise – which would be much higher nearer the poles – would have cataclysmic and irreversible consequences for the Earth, making large parts of the planet uninhabitable and threatening the basis of human civilisation.

World on course for catastrophic 6° rise, reveal scientists
On the bright side, with a 6 degree rise in temps, up here in Wisconsin we will have a longer growing season, so more food for America and fewer winter accidents along the highways and byways..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Not to be left out in the cold, CNN, which ignored the ClimateGate story just like they ignored Van jones and ACORN sex slaving, finds time to push more of the global warming scam:

Quote:
Sea level rise could cost port cities $28 trillion November 23, 2009

London, England (CNN) -- A possible rise in sea levels by 0.5 meters by 2050 could put at risk more than $28 trillion worth of assets in the world's largest coastal cities, according to a report compiled for the insurance industry.

The value of infrastructure exposed in so-called "port mega-cities," urban conurbations with more than 10 million people, is just $3 trillion at present.

The rise in potential losses would be a result of expected greater urbanization and increased exposure of this greater population to catastrophic surge events occurring once every 100 years caused by rising sea levels and higher temperatures.
This is an example of how deceitful these scammers are, they tell us the climate has warmed 0.7 degrees, but don't describe a reference point for the warming. Was the 0.7 degrees of warming referenced to the little ice-age back in 1800 or is this warming of the climate referenced as warming that occurred since 2000?

Don't worry your heads over the truth, just be afraid, be very afraid, and hand over your bank account to the United Nations, so they can pay your part of the Climate Debt you owe to the world.

Quote:
Global temperatures have already risen by at least 0.7 degrees Celsius and the report says a further rise by 2-3 degrees in the second half of the century is likely unless deep cuts in emissions are put in place before 2015.
BTW, "deep cuts" in CO2 will not occur even if America just stops producing any CO2. America could go back to the stone-age and "deep cuts" will not occurr, because in the next thirty years China and India will eclipse all the CO2 ever produced by all of North America since 1900.

Last edited by Wapasha; 11-24-2009 at 08:21 AM..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:09 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Where are our good buddies who think the world is on fire?

Looks like us "skeptics" have been left alone on the playground!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM

EDITORIAL: Hiding evidence of global cooling - Washington Times

Quote:
Another professor at the Climate Research Unit, Tim Osborn, discussed in e-mails how truncating a data series can hide a cooling trend that otherwise would be seen in the results. Mr. Mann sent Mr. Osborn an e-mail saying that the results he was sending shouldn't be shown to others because the data support critics of global warming.

Repeatedly throughout the e-mails that have been made public, proponents of global-warming theories refer to data that has been hidden or destroyed.
The MSM is trying their best to ignore it.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
The over all trend line of global climate change (warming) has not changed direction.
The atmosphere is still in a warming direction even if, for a short time sample, it is cooling. It is as if the furnace was turned up but, because some one had opened a couple of windows, the room was temporarily cooling off.

I suggest the world accept warming as the probable future, consider the likely effects, and plan for ways to keep civilization functioning through this warming period.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:32 AM

What the Global Warming Emails Reveal - WSJ.com

Quote:
'The two MMs have been after the CRU station data for years. If they ever hear there is a Freedom of Information Act now in the U.K., I think I'll delete the file rather than send to anyone. . . . We also have a data protection act, which I will hide behind."
Is this the behavior of ethical scientists unafraid to put their data up to peer review?

Quote:
That these scientists feel the public doesn't have a right to know the basis for their climate-change predictions, even as their governments prepare staggeringly expensive legislation in response to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies