Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 04:17 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Oh I share a certain bit of cynicism myself concerning people of today, but I still believe there are people out there who do care about the truth of the issues and from the looks of it, they are slowly getting involved and are in a position to effect change in the issue.

This is still in a denial phase. People are shocked and in disbelief almost as if this has to be a hoax. That will pass, and when the anger phase sets in, you will see people ducking for cover.
I will be eagerly watching and hoping so. And thank you for your outstanding contributions on the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Green movement came out of progressive thinking and was taken over by the old Reds of yore.
Excellent point. Alinsky can be proud of that one.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:42 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Again, I clearly want what you want here. It's just that my confidence in the common sense of the masses of my fellow man has dwindled over the years to near zero. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.
The masses?
I doubt the masses have even heard about it.
The regular news hasn't had word one about this.....not on any of the network "nightly news at 6 or 11" type shows I've seen.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The masses?
I doubt the masses have even heard about it.
The regular news hasn't had word one about this.....not on any of the network "nightly news at 6 or 11" type shows I've seen.
And they're part of the masses to which I refer....

Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Here is an excellent read on the issue.

It is an extremely long read, but it details some key issues with the data requests by showing the emails from both sides. It is laid in a format that first outlines the progression of these requests from one side, explaining the reason for the requests and what they were trying to obtain at the time. Then, it syncs up the internal emails obtained to show you what was going on behind the scenes at CRU when these requests were being made. You get to see an excellent view of the issue.

The people -vs- the CRU: Freedom of information, my okoleâ€Â¦ « Watts Up With That?

I love this last part:

Quote:
As I said, the issue is not Trenberth or scientists talking smack. It is the illegal evasion of legitmate scientific requests for data needed to replicate a scientific study. Without replication, science cannot move forwards. And when you only give data to friends of yours, and not to people who actually might take a critical look at it, you know what you end up with? A “consensus”
Bold and colored for emphasis.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And to think that Al Gore and our Congress fell for it. And now they're pushing this weird science on us via carbon taxes.

It's becoming harder and harder to believe that there is a thimble-full of intellect anywhere in the Land of Liberals.

Al Gore did not fall for it, he pushed it and has made billions $$$$

Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
...and you have the gall to call us wingnuts? Dude just told you he was lying to you and your response is "I BELIEVE THE LIE"

There you have it folks, the new mantra for the Global Warming religion is “IBELIEVETHELIE!â€

There are none so blind as those who will not see....

lol
the same ones that say everything is Bush's fault

Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Sheeple

Sheeple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

snippet:
"It is often used to denote persons who voluntarily acquiesce to a perceived authority, or suggestion without sufficient research to understand fully the scope of the ramifications involved in that decision, and thus undermine their own human individuality or in other cases give up certain rights. The implication of sheeple is that as a collective, people believe whatever they are told, especially if told so by a perceived authority figure believed to be trustworthy, without processing it or doing adequate research to be sure that it is an accurate representation of the real world around them."

Old 11-25-2009, 08:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Scientist in climate change 'cover-up' storm told to quit | Mail Online

Quote:
George Monbiot, a leading environmentalist, said Phil Jones should resign from the Climatic Research Unit over leaked emails that appear to show researchers suppressed scientific data.

'There appears to be evidence of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released, and even to destroy material that was subject to a Freedom of Information request.

'Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics, or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
And remember all of the claims of authority being made by people linking the IPCC reports? Remember each time we brought up inconsistencies in the data reported, the stone walling of reviewers, and the political responses and tactics made by the IPCC when anyone made mention of weakness in their claims?

It all makes sense now and this should bring home the point much more clearly that we were attempting to make back then.

Consensus whether real or perceived is irrelevant.
Appeals to authority are irrelevant.

All that matters is the data and when the above are placed as more important than the data itself, people had better start checking their pockets because someone is ripping you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies