Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,272,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't hate white people so there is no contradiction there, also I live here because I was born here.

I use the name that was given to me.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,729,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Which gets up back to a questions that YOU have never answered:

Why do YOU live in the United States?

Why don't YOU use your Ghanian name?
All great questions. His constant criticism of the very people who made it possible for his family to flee their own country where they mutilate women daily and live freely in America is beyond perplexing. I keep wondering why they (unlike the very black people he criticizes) did not stay and fight for equality and human rights in their own country.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,047,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Well you yourself need to check out the latest crime reports.

According to a couple newspaper sources, the census statistics has seen a dramatic shift in crimes committed among certain races especially in the area of illegal drugs.
Check out these links:
Racial Shift In Drug-Crime Prisoners: More Whites And Fewer Blacks

Drop in Violent Crime in D.C. Area and Some Other Major Cities Puzzles Experts - washingtonpost.com

The Washington Post mentioned a drop in crimes in the DC area & this city is majority black.

So before talking down on one race only, do more research to find the latest results instead of using past resources only to support your wishes & arguments!

BTW,
Please get counseling for the hatred that's held within you.
Just saw an article in the Wash Examiner the other day, that stated Blacks in DC are no longer the majority. I (now) realize this thread is old, but this didn't happen overnight.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 AM

52 posts, read 45,268 times
Quote:
What both of you refer to is not history but theories. Theories are not fact. Even if the theory you both subscribe to turns out to be true it has no bearing on modern events or modern history.

The British Isles as they are known today were formed by Europeans, white people any suggestion otherwise is ludicrous. This UKBLACK person is going on about white people yet chooses to live in a country founded by White people. Go live in Africa or the Caribbean if whites are so evil. Who is forcing you to live in the UK?
The go back to Africa argument eh ?

I always get thus one.

This is a common white reaction to black charges of racism and the common white belief in the fundamentally benign kindness of whiteness.

Usually they name the one place in Africa with the latest horrible genocide, famine or drought. But never say something like go back to Equatorial Guinea, Seychelles, Botswana, and Mauritius, Gabon or the island of Reunion. The point is that they never name any of the countries on the CONTINENT of Africa that happen to have a good standard of living. Yet, would get totally offended if told you to go back to South Ossetia, or Georgia where white people seem to be having some war issues. That you are not Ossetian or Georgian is crucial factor but it made no difference that I don’t originate from any of those war torn African nations

But mostly it is not an argument about Africa or the Caribbean but about the kindness of white people. You are trying to make ou that white people have been nicer to black people than anyone else in the world, even nicer than black Africans would be.

Where to begin?

First, you assumes that blacks are richer in America or the UK because whites have been kinder to us than Africans would be.

WRONG

Blacks are richer in America or the UK because America and the UK is richer. The pie is so big in America and the UK that even when it is divided unjustly, as it is, it still leaves most people with more pie than any ordinary person would get in the Third World. Which is why people from the Third World come to America.

Your argument also overlooks how some (Not all) but some parts Africa got to be so poor. You turn a blind eye to the effect of the atlantic slave trade on Africa and the effect of white rule, both direct (colonial empires) and indirect (banana republics).

But it’s just one of them things you say to make white people look good by comparing yourselves to someone else.

But the worst thing about this argument is that it is such a huge lie.

Whites pretty much let blacks twist in the wind, like we saw on television right after Katrina. Whatever blacks have achieved has been in spite of whites for the most part. Most whites were quite fine with Jim Crow, if you remember. And even now most seem to be quite fine with failing black schools, high rates of black unemployment and crime (so long as it is not in your neighbourhood)

Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,047,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
But you only use "A" as your last name? Or are you ashamed of your last name because it is African?

Why so much self hatred?
Your last name is "1"?

Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,774,773 times
Can't we just all agree Lil Wayne,Nicki minaj, and others are idiots?

Here is the kicker: Lil Wayne has a bachelors degree in Psychology.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:55 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,508,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBLACKGUY View Post
It was for you and it's doesn't matter if you are black.

Racism does not require that the person be white. Black folks are surely capable of internalizing and then acting upon the same anti-black prejudices and stereotypes as whites.

It's not about getting them to feel sorry. As I fully realize that white people have hearts of stone when it comes to racism and black people so I’m not in the business of selling sob stories to whites.

Persuading whites to give up the benefits of racism, to give up a false pride in their race, to become outcasts from white society, to face their shame and guilt at benefiting from a racist society – all that is way, way,way beyond my powers. I write about racism for my own understanding. That is not the same thing as writing to persuade you or them.

Say if you could not swim and you and a group of friends decide you are going to go on a boat on the river. You and your friends get on the boat, row far out in the river then they throw you overboard and you died by drowining

What was the cause of your death ?

Some of your friend said,“He died because he was too lazy to take the time to learn how how to swim.” (You died because you was LAZY)

Another said: “He died because he was afraid of the water” (You died because you was a COWARD)

And yet another boy said: “He died because he never took any swimming classes.” (You died because you was UNEDUCATED)

But the real answer is that you died because you was pushed.

Any other answer is dealing only with secondary circumstances.

YES, knowing how to swim might have been a solution to your dilemma, once you was in the water, but NOT knowing how to swim was not the CAUSE of your dilemma. The CAUSE was the callous treachery of those who set upon you.

Same thing with black people – Yes, becoming doctors, dentists and accountants would help matters. Yes, having intact families would be a huge plus! Yes, avoiding teenage pregnancy would be very good too.

BUT

Those are not the primary CAUSES of our dilemma

The CAUSE is:
  1. Slavery
  2. Forbidding an education
  3. Then under-education
  4. Refusing to hire us
  5. Portraying us as buffoons or criminals in the media
Etc

Those are the CAUSES.

Overcoming these historic wrongs with education, family restoration, therapy, rebuilding of self image, rebuilding of community image… etc may be the SOLUTION, but the failure to do so will never be the cause. Those two concepts need some separation.
Are you saying I should not point out that black men being absent and thug culture are/have made us weak and vulnerable to all races that don't behave this way? Just because all those things happened doesn't mean its OK to live like we do. And you really are talking to meyou are far out of pocket man addressing me with all this.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,272,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Just saw an article in the Wash Examiner the other day, that stated Blacks in DC are no longer the majority. I (now) realize this thread is old, but this didn't happen overnight.
Now I bet you won't see any of these Conservatives starting threads about the rising number of of White inmates in prisons for drug crimes. I wonder why?

Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,774,773 times
Quote:
It's not gone but I for one don't think hip-hop is the problem. It's a genre of music. In a normal functioning community it would be nothing more than outlet for teenage rebellion.

The thuggism comes from something a lot more deeper than hip-hop. If hip-hop went away tomorrow the thuggism will still be there.
No that isn't normal genre of music. It influences kids to want to be like thses rappers and live the fast life. 90% of rappers were criminals before making it big as rappers.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,773,809 times
Well said- Thug culture is doing a great dis-service to the black community. These thugs are traitors to the family- they are the most stupid and the lowest of low- parasites of evil. Look at the black hip hop and rap videos- everyone is rich doing nothing. No contribution to humanity what so ever...They give young people the idea that all you have to do is be evil to be rich---...The gang bangers portrayed are just a bunch of chumps who have no real talent what so ever...who have never taken the time to learn to sing or play an instrument...

The sad part of the situation is for every black guy that makes a buck doing the wrong things- He creates an atmosphere and a prejudice against all good people...one guy makes a dollar and ensures that 10 thousand do not make a dollar- kind of reminds me of living off slaves.

These gangster hero guys- should never be respected- they ruin it for everyone. I just wish that young black males would understand that the ones they look up to are actually their enemies and worse than any white oppressor they might imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.