Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:08 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Not all black predominantly black areas are "war zones" or ghetto. Check out Lithonia/Stone Crest area in DeKalb County near Atlanta sometime. Although suburban in nature, it is predominantly black and actually really nice. Although black areas in general have a higher proportion of poverty, I think we shouldn't lose sight of the real issue, which can affect any community, which is poverty and income levels.
I don't disagree with you at all. There is predominantly black cities in the Chicago area, that are very nice. I was pointing out what the OP was talking about, not saying that it is my belief. And even many of the "ghettos" that he would be familiar with, have some higher end shops in them, just people don't know it, because of fear of going to the areas.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It happens when the police are seen as part of the problem and not the solution, its a nascent Republican mentality, the government isn't the solution the government is the problem.
I will agree with you about when the police are seen as part of the problem and not the solution, and the fact that the government is part of the problem, but I will disagree with the nascent Republican mentality, and would venture to say it is a mentality that is brought on from the democratic party, but this isnt what this forum is about.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
I'm quite disappointed that the black thug culture scared away much of the black population in Los Angeles. Then again, I've mentioned in a previous post that I've gave up on the black community since I'm not black enough according to them.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:52 PM

395 posts, read 510,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I will agree with you about when the police are seen as part of the problem and not the solution, and the fact that the government is part of the problem, but I will disagree with the nascent Republican mentality, and would venture to say it is a mentality that is brought on from the democratic party, but this isnt what this forum is about.

I have a problem with black people and I have a problem with police officers. If black peple and the police ever had a war against each other and I had to pick a side, I'd easily pick the black people.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:53 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,362,441 times
Quote:
bill cosby was right
The problem I see with Cosby was that his views were too superficial and emotional.

Yes much of this is the result of bad parenting but why is there bad parenting? Cosby and Obama are telling guys to be fathers who don't know how to be fathers because they didn't have the best models growing up. Many of these guys will need to be taught or guided into being good fathers. They also need employment. With the high unemployment numbers for Black males in low income areas you won't get many marriagable men without them having steady employment.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:54 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I love your posts. You very often say what I wish I could say, but you are more articulate.

I get tired of being labeled a racist by people who don't even know me. They don't know how much I admire figures throughout black history who have struggled and triumphed and who are an inspiration for everyone. They don't know how much I respect every day, ordinary black people who will never make history but who are inspiring for any variety of reasons. It's very important for normal black people to distance themselves from the thug element that gives their race such a bad name and perpetuates bad stereotypes. It wouldn't occur to me to defend Bernie Madoff! I don't get it.
So do you also speak out against others when racism is present? Could it be that you arer called a racist because where there is smoke there is fire?

I see many posts on this thread about what should be talked about and shouldn't be talked about, but some of the same people that say other groups don't "police" their members are the same ones who don't practice what they preach.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:59 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
Instead of complaining, do something about it. That's like me getting stung by bees everyday, so I go onto the bee message board and complain my ass off about it, but I don't go out and look for possible solutions.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:16 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
I have a problem with black people and I have a problem with police officers. If black peple and the police ever had a war against each other and I had to pick a side, I'd easily pick the black people.
Good luck getting a black thug to answer your calls for service. Being robbed? Don't bother calling the police, call the local NAACP. People are so ignorant about police its sickening.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:22 PM

395 posts, read 510,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Good luck getting a black thug to answer your calls for service. Being robbed? Don't bother calling the police, call the local NAACP. People are so ignorant about police its sickening.
You are acting like it's out of the goodness of their heart. They get paid to do it. You pay some of these thugs and I'm sure THEN they would give a service.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:29 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Are you calling me a troll for raising this issue?
what issue? your coming down on one of many ethnic groups(american blacks for example) inside the BLACK CORE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies