Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Is anyone else reminded of a feeding frenzy? You know, sharks just circle around, waiting for a morsel. One drops, and BAM! "Palin cuts and runs!" Followed by rapid and rabid postings, full of name-calling, snarky comments, everyone eager to get their two cents in.

And when the thread turns out to have nothing to do with reality, they drift back, just waiting for the next morsel. "Palin apologized!!" And the feeding frenzy starts anew.

Like I said...pathetic.
Substitute "Obama" or some other dem for "Palin", and you have the RWs MO on this forum.

OMG, Obama works in shirt-sleeves!
OMG, Obama went on a date with his wife, and like every other president before him, had secret service protection during the date!
OMG, Obama did this!
OMG, Obama did that!
OMG, Obama ....
OMG, Obama ....

You guys taught us well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Funny, I always thought that part of hunting was having respect for nature and the animals that you kill. Don't see much of that either in aerial hunting or many of the comments on this thread.
Have you noticed that to? I'd say we should have open season on sadistic a-holes that have no regard for anything but their own pathetic selves.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Have you noticed that to? I'd say we should have open season on sadistic a-holes that have no regard for anything but their own pathetic selves.
Umm...aren't you the one who suggested that people should make spitballs of Palin's book and spit them at her? Explain to us how that shows respect and/or regard for another.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Is that you Frau Palin? I thought you only posted your moronic posts on Facebook.
Bbbwaahhhhh. I expected much more....scintillating..retort from the intellectual elite. Ya know, the fact that Sarah Palin just BUGS so many on the left end extreme makes me like her all the more. "Frau Palin". Yea, whatever. Moronic is some far flung left wing nut, trying to act as if they know squat about how things really are out here. Another poster made a statement about respect for nature and the animals that those of us who hunt take to the field after. Well, to clarify, I don't have to like predators to respect them. And respect them I do, nevertheless, I feel no misty emotion when I put a bullet behind their shoulder. Anyone who has seen what predators are capable of, and deals with them on a regular basis, will tell you the same thing. Whether it be wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, or feral dogs.This is not a Disney flick out here, to many people do not have enough of a grasp on the reality of that before they shoot off their mouths about 'cruelty', 'empathy' and a host of other fuzzy terms.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Umm...aren't you the one who suggested that people should make spitballs of Palin's book and spit them at her? Explain to us how that shows respect and/or regard for another.
I stand by my statement. What's the matter...have no sense of humour or tongue in cheek sarcasm? Palin is a self-serving liar and a fraud. Okay, how about aerial spitball spitting?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:49 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Anger, disappointment after Palin stiffs fans at Indiana book signing - Daily Kos TV (beta)

As both Kevin K. and Dave Weigel noted earlier today, Sarah Palin angered and disappointed fans in Noblesville, Indiana yesterday when she abruptly left a book signing promotion even though there were many fans still waiting in line to receive her signature on their newly purchased copies of Going Rogue.
Borders handed out one thousand wrist bands along with a list of stipulations. Stipulation number nine stated that the wrist band was not a guarantee of a signature. Furthermore, Borders said they set aside three hours for the event based on past experience. That leaves 10.8 seconds per signature. I would say Borders cut the time a little short, but since it was their store where they ran the show, you'll have to take it up with Borders.

Video (http://www.theindychannel.com/video/21683879/index.html - broken link)

I expect her organization will do more of the planning for future events since retail store managers may not be up to the tasks in every case.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Yes, she does. When you work out the details of your book promotion tour, you agree to stop a given number of locations, agreeing either to sign books x-number of hours per stop or x-number of books per stop. The wristband method used at each of her two stops so far indicates she agreed to sign x-number of books per stop. It's contractual. If she was only going to sign until a certain time, then that time should/would have been clearly posted and there would be no excuse for hard feelings on the part of her fans.

See stipulation number nine.

No one was gauranteed a signiture.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Palin is a self-serving liar and a fraud.
She is neither a liar nor fraud.

And, while it is a long shot, she might be the next President of the United States.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:00 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
I think we should have open season idiots that don't know the difference between hunting and DNR animal control.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
She is neither a liar nor fraud.

And, while it is a long shot, she might be the next President of the United States.
Maybe in your wildest wet dream. What a nauseating and ridiculous idea. Paris Hilton would have more of a chance of winning than Palin. She'd also be just as, if not more qualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies