Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
No. Laughing. L.A.U.G.H.I.N.G.

Ah I forgot. Everything is azz backwards with the left wingers. Up is down, bad is good and so on. No wonder they think frothing at the mouth is laughing.

What the left wingers think is irrelevent. The people love Palin and her popularity keeps growing push by the haters on the left. They are too ignorant to realize these unprovoked attack on her drives more people to her side. The haters keep on hating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 08:16 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I do have to wonder why the left hates Sarah Palin so much, yet holds Nancy Pelosi up as an example of an 'intelligent' woman politician and in such high regard. Pelosi is a prime example of a woman that I have learned to love to hate. A total blithering idiot, that some village somewhere is, no doubt, missing, and they call Sarah Palin such vile names? Sarah gets called all manner of things, just because she has some sand and the left worships Pelosi. I woud be FAR more willing to take Sarah Palin's take on something, anything, with less trepidation than I would Pelosi's. LMAO, at least Sarah Palin knows how to cook her own bloody dinner. I LIKE Sarah Palin. I wish NV coud claim her instead of a douchebag like Harry Reid. With any luck, Sarah wil just keep climbing in popularity and driving the left wing crackpots insane. It's hilarious to read some of these wackos drivel attacking her. LMAO, if she is so irrelevant, why are these idiots so worried about her?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I do have to wonder why the left hates Sarah Palin so much, yet holds Nancy Pelosi up as an example of an 'intelligent' woman politician and in such high regard. Pelosi is a prime example of a woman that I have learned to love to hate. A total blithering idiot, that some village somewhere is, no doubt, missing, and they call Sarah Palin such vile names? Sarah gets called all manner of things, just because she has some sand and the left worships Pelosi. I woud be FAR more willing to take Sarah Palin's take on something, anything, with less trepidation than I would Pelosi's.
Where does all this come from? We don't hate Palin. We think she's a lightweight and don't understand how she became St. Sarah in so many eyes but we don't hate her. And we don't worship Pelosi. That's just some right wing projecting going on there: you worship Sarah so you claim you we worship Pelosi.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I do have to wonder why the left hates Sarah Palin so much, yet holds Nancy Pelosi up as an example of an 'intelligent' woman politician and in such high regard. Pelosi is a prime example of a woman that I have learned to love to hate. A total blithering idiot, that some village somewhere is, no doubt, missing, and they call Sarah Palin such vile names? Sarah gets called all manner of things, just because she has some sand and the left worships Pelosi. I woud be FAR more willing to take Sarah Palin's take on something, anything, with less trepidation than I would Pelosi's. LMAO, at least Sarah Palin knows how to cook her own bloody dinner. I LIKE Sarah Palin. I wish NV coud claim her instead of a douchebag like Harry Reid. With any luck, Sarah wil just keep climbing in popularity and driving the left wing crackpots insane. It's hilarious to read some of these wackos drivel attacking her. LMAO, if she is so irrelevant, why are these idiots so worried about her?
Someone (she knows who she is) started this thread. Sarah is like junk food. We know it's not good for us, but we can't stay away from it.

What vile names has Sarah been called, anyway? Here you are calling Pelosi a blithering idiot and you complain about what people call Sarah? Both are public figures, that's the way it is.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I was just at the grocery store buying food for Thanksgiving and saw Going Rogue for 40% off. If it is so popular, why is it 40% off the suggested retail? Serious question. I'm not trying to be sarcastic (like I usually am)

Old 11-21-2009, 08:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
She is one of us. And she does not bow down to anyone, nor does she apologize for the U.S.
She's not one of you. Do you have any idea how much time she's spent shaking hands in the "evil" DC and New York over the past couple years?

Seriously. Take the blinders off. You all used the "one of us" argument to justify voting for Bush. You liked the idea that you could have a beer with your president and maybe use some words he'd never heard before. Make everyone feel better. But, we now see the disaster Bush was for all of us.

I much prefer high levels of intellect in office - I like having a president now who sees angles I don't, who seems to hold diametrically opposed views that ultimately prove to be the most effective means of dealing with issues. It was really depressing foreseeing the outcomes of Bush's decisions that he, himself, could not see coming. Palin's the same way - she just can't see beyond herself.

There's no need for mediocrity, or 'one of us', in a position of such power. We wouldn't put such a person as CEO of a corporation.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:52 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I was just at the grocery store buying food for Thanksgiving and saw Going Rogue for 40% off. If it is so popular, why is it 40% off the suggested retail? Serious question. I'm not trying to be sarcastic (like I usually am)
Loss leader. Brings people into the store.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Seriously - who worships Nancy Pelosi? I don't know anyone who would sit out for her book signing or to hear her speak. She's a politician of middling appeal to most.

Sarah is called vile names because she is trying to secure the most powerful position in the world and does not possess the capacity to handle such power. She is not intellectually or emotionally qualified. She has proven that over and over. Seriously. She's a joke.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
The lastest John Grisham book is also 40% off -

Meaningless. It is nothing more than marketing.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Ah I forgot. Everything is azz backwards with the left wingers. Up is down, bad is good and so on. No wonder they think frothing at the mouth is laughing.

What the left wingers think is irrelevent. The people love Palin and her popularity keeps growing push by the haters on the left. They are too ignorant to realize these unprovoked attack on her drives more people to her side. The haters keep on hating.
Do you ever have a substantive comment to make, or is every word you ever type just a vile, hatefilled attack against this abstract concept you refer to as "the left"?

And, if you look at polling data, you would find very quickly that "the people" do not love Palin. A small segment of society does, but they constitute a vast minority in the grand scheme of the national population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies