Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
Yes, that is what I mean. Why wouldn't more black men leave the burden? Why stick it out or accept it/ignore it? I just don't understand what the pros are.
Well, many don't feel they are being burdened. There are many that don't feel there is a bias against them. With that being said, everyone will experience some form of prejudiced and bias against them in their lifetime. But, many feel that they are not held back due to the bias they experience at one time or another. They except that there are ignorant people in the world, and letting that person and their ignorance be a factor in how they live, is doing nothing more then giving the ignorance control over them. At that point, they are losing themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 07:19 PM

11 posts, read 15,389 times
i just can't figure it out if the evil bias of the racist whitey in the US is too much for you - why would you want to go another majority White country?

Would you not want to live in success in Rwanda or the Gambia?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:29 PM

49 posts, read 83,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNJ12 View Post
i just can't figure it out if the evil bias of the racist whitey in the US is too much for you - why would you want to go another majority White country?

Again, you seem to think I have an issue with white people. I haven't specifically said white people in any of my posts. I have received this treatment from many races, even other black people. Also, the notion that other majority white countries have the same racial history in respect to black people as the US is pretty erroneous.

On another note, I think the post above you probably gives a reason why most don't consider moving. I do think the idea of moving wouldn't be a bad one though.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
Yes, that is what I mean. Why wouldn't more black men leave the burden? Why stick it out or accept it/ignore it? I just don't understand what the pros are.
To me, there is little payoff in "grinning and bearing" it. I don't think it is at all unreasonable to want to live in an environment where your race and all the implications therein trumps every shred of your individuality. There is something to be said for a place that allows you to be you, a place that affords you the opportunity to operate and interact with others more or less free from the taint of American racial legacy.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
because maybe the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side in regard to negative bias. maybe some places might be (germany was mentioned) but america has many large african-american communities where employment and living comfortably is not a problem. i'm amazed that african-americans think there is a negative bias in america against them when most people are very tolerant and they are seen as americans. you evidently do not realize this.

Maybe because they are actual African Americans who have seen this negative bias.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNJ12 View Post

Don't y'all know a troll when you see one?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The elderly are always making false claims.
Some people aren't smart enough to make it to being old.
Especially, by statistics, young black males.
You might want to look at the totality of a statement before you make it.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Most important, in view of the huge penalty race discrimination has imposed on African Americans in the United States, is the fact that blacks who complete a four-year college education have a median income that is now near parity with similarly educated whites...
...According to the most recent statistics, the nationwide college graduation rate for black students stands at an appallingly low rate of 43 percent.
Black Student College Graduation Rates Inch Higher But the Large Racial Gap Persists

Old 11-22-2009, 02:14 AM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
Why leave the country and go where?

If you are a successful black or hispanic person in America (with college education), odds are if you are willing to travel you WILL find a decent to great job.

Unless you have zero social skills or arent willing to move somewhere you may not like as much, its still possible to find a great job. Granted, you will have to work harder than some white people applying, even if they are less educated, but once you get in you are set, and you would be held to an equal standard in comparison to nationals if you left the nation to some other nation.

I have to ask, what successful black person would really ask this? On any other forum but this would I would take it seriously, but here it seems more likely that this is another stormfronter pretending to be black, fishing the waters hoping that he can convince most successful nonwhites to leave the US so as to prevent competition with them.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:29 AM

60 posts, read 79,851 times
I think that if you are a success oriented person of any color,you should have an escape plan.The current political climate in this country has turned radically anti-achievement.However all is not lost.In just 1 or 2 election cycles we can turn this thing around.
I think it would be a shame for this country to lose any valuable young people like yourself.Also I think the community will suffer greatly from the loss of engaged and educated young men as mentors and role models,just look at what happened when all the capitalists fled Cuba or when Pol Pot killed all of the educated people in Cambodia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies