Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I see you included my quote with the above but I wasn't agreeing with the previous posters. Just pointing out the "irony" and "the hypocrisy" of this thread as they promptly started to complain and whine. Actually quite humorous.
Then I apologize, I misunderstood who your comments were directed to..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Interesting thought, except for one simple fact, the vast majority of whining these days is not coming from the left, this board provides all the evidence needed to prove that simple fact. There was a time I thought the left whinned too much about Bush, but now that a Demo is office the right has made the left look like rank amatuers and taken whining to a whole new level. I the idea of a whine free day sounds good but I know that the right cannot control themselves for an entire day, so looks like everyoine is stuck with it for at least the next 3 and probably 7 years. I am more interested in what the new whine will be about, kinda like driving by a car wreck, no matter how much we say we will not look we always do.
Casper
I stand by my statement based strictly upon personal observation. It is the liberals who will ultimately wear throught the armor that made this nation great, virtually destroying it with mediocrity from within. It is the liberals who push for a government dominated society, who cry for those who do not take advantage of the opportunities offered by this country,...those who cry and whine about inequalities instead of strapping on their work ethic and doing something about it.

Whine about politics, but bear in mind that those of you who are stuck in the "here and now" ignore the polical/social trends of the past half century. Some of old heads recognize the changes that are being forced upon our society,...and YES we balk at the makeover that this administration has brought.

Those of us who opposed this candidate from the beginning will continue to oppose him purely for differences in political philosophy. Just because he is our duly elected leader does not mean we have to blindly support his every whim, nor do we have to support him in his efforts to bring this nation to its knees.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:49 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
I stand by my statement based strictly upon personal observation. It is the liberals who will ultimately wear throught the armor that made this nation great, virtually destroying it with mediocrity from within. It is the liberals who push for a government dominated society, who cry for those who do not take advantage of the opportunities offered by this country,...those who cry and whine about inequalities instead of strapping on their work ethic and doing something about it.

Whine about politics, but bear in mind that those of you who are stuck in the "here and now" ignore the polical/social trends of the past half century. Some of old heads recognize the changes that are being forced upon our society,...and YES we balk at the makeover that this administration has brought.

Those of us who opposed this candidate from the beginning will continue to oppose him purely for differences in political philosophy. Just because he is our duly elected leader does not mean we have to blindly support his every whim, nor do we have to support him in his efforts to bring this nation to its knees.
Excellent post, cdne, and as one of the "old heads" on this forum who has, indeed, lived long enough to have seen the trends for myself, I, too, am greatly concerned about what kind of America--indeed, what kind of world--my great-grandchildren will have to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies