Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:16 AM

5,224 posts, read 4,999,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We went to Afghanistan to get Bin Laden who they said was responsible for 9/11. That should have been a simple covert CIA operation.

Know.. we got the taliban out of Afghanistan.. it lasted , what a week! PRoblem is it was done so sloppy.. etc.

Then we didn't find Bin Laden.. and diverted our attention and efforts to Iraq.

Bush Admin took their eyes off the ball. As a result we have not one, but two costly wars bankrupting the country... and lining the pockets of a handful of big businesses.

I'm just saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I did note that. However by the standards you're using, at the time we went to Iraq, neither Iran or North Korea were "really" threats but alas they really were. Now there is not three anymore but to major rouge states. Afghanistan is a threat but not as much of a global threat as that axis was. In fact after we were in Iraq the found that as the front lines for Jihad and causing them to lose there deliverers a devastating blow to extreme Islamic fascist.

http://www.fas.org/irp/dni/trends.pdf

Basically what that means is if the people are given a voice in their government they, themselves, will weed out this extremism.
Where did I mention Iran and North Korea I'm talking about IRAQ

Old 11-21-2009, 10:19 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,921,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
As a result we have not one, but two costly wars bankrupting the country... and lining the pockets of a handful of big businesses.

I'm just saying
Lets throw in the heathcare deal and go for the hat trick.

I'm just saying.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:19 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,401,256 times
*shakes head*

You're in too little of a world. Happy thanksgiving.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
the reason we are there is to make the rich richer. the DOD gravy train.
all the hate posts on CDF against Mr obama come from them.
they dont hate em bek he is black they hate him because he is chocking down the war machine, the DOD gravy train. blackwater (aka Xe) r us.
FYI did you know translators make $250,000 a year in bagdad did you know that? so if life gets boring in dearborn you can always hop a jet and make some cash. your tax dollars at work.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Lets throw in the heathcare deal and go for the hat trick.

I'm just saying.

Perhaps if we hadn't spent so much on killing people and bailing out billionares we wouldn'th ave to sacrafice health care.

I say take all the money back from the Greedy SOB's at the banks and end the wars and get our soldiers home.

LOL. Priorities.. and ours are screwed up. using hte war as an excuse to not enact health care reform is pathetic.. but not surprising from the Republican party

Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:
LOL. Priorities.. and ours are screwed up. using hte war as an excuse to not enact health care reform is pathetic.. but not surprising from the Republican party

Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post

What thinkest you? Should national defense be funded only by certain segments of the population?
No, because we all benefit from having a national defense. However, when war breaks out I think it's wrong to borrow the money to fund it the way Bush did, running up a huge debt with China. They should have sold War Bonds the way they did to finance WWII. The way everyone felt after 911 a bond drive would have brought in all the money they needed and then some. I'll never understand why Bush didn't do that. Instead, he urged us all go out shopping to help the country out!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The national defense already is funded by only a certain segment of the population. The segment that pays taxes, and its not the poor.
No, but the majority of the people getting killed there are poor americans. More poor people join the military than wealthy. I think the poor are more than paying their share.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
.. but not surprising from the Republican party
There are plenty of people who are not Republican and are concerned about the mounting debt and the reckless spending done by our administration, both past and present.

Don't assume if we don't agree with the Dems that we are Republicans.

IMO they are both cut from the same cloth and serve the same master.
Corporate and Banking interests run this government. There are more lobbyists then there are elected officials. The lobbyists are now wording the bills and providing talking points and papers for the elected officials.

And guess what..we don't get to vote which lobbyists get to go to Washington. We vote for the puppets who hold no real power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies