U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 AM

51 posts, read 60,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Since his departure, some have speculated he might run as a candidate for the U.S. Senate in New Jersey, where he has a home, or even run as a third-party candidate in the 2012 U.S. presidential elections -- options he says remain on the table.

"I am ruling nothing out. ... I have come to no conclusions and no decisions," he said. "Do I seek to have some influence on public policy? Absolutely. Do I seek to represent and champion the middle class in this country and those who aspire to it? Absolutely. And I will."

Lou Dobbs mulls run for White House, Senate | General News | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20091119/NEWS-US-USA-POLITICS-DOBBS/ - broken link)
America needs an economist with brains and balls . .. . . RUN LOU RUN
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,963,225 times
Lou would make an interesting candidate.

The past few years, he loudly denounced the Bush/Cheney economic policies that did enormous harm to everyone but the wealthiest Americans.

But he never seemed to be able to put 2 and 2 together in regards to the illegal immigrant problem. It was the same forces who promoted the Bush/Cheney policies that encouraged all this illegal immigration in the first place. Corporate America loves having a huge underclass of foreign subminimum wage workers to undercut the American working force and hold wages down. And when these foreigners show up at our hospitals with health problems or end up in public housing projects, it's the tax-paying public that foots the bill.

Just another form of corporate welfare, disguised as an "illegal alien" crisis.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

The past few years, he loudly denounced the Bush/Cheney economic policies that did enormous harm to everyone but the wealthiest Americans.

But he never seemed to be able to put 2 and 2 together in regards to the illegal immigrant problem. It was the same forces who promoted the Bush/Cheney policies that encouraged all this illegal immigration in the first place. Corporate America loves having a huge underclass of foreign subminimum wage workers to undercut the American working force and hold wages down. And when these foreigners show up at our hospitals with health problems or end up in public housing projects, it's the tax-paying public that foots the bill.

I have to respectfully disagree with the part of your statement that I bolded. Lou frequently blamed the Bush administration (among others) for the catastrophic issue of illegal immigration.

Lou is smart, educated and very much in tune with who is responsible for the demise of America. With all that is going wrong with America, by the time 2012 rolls around I think America will be ready to elect Lou.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 AM

34,990 posts, read 37,124,333 times
Quote:

Good way to put it!

Sen Lou Dobbs (R-NJ)-- why not.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,963,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon1 View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with the part of your statement that I bolded. Lou frequently blamed the Bush administration (among others) for the catastrophic issue of illegal immigration.
As I recall, Lou's "answer" to the illegal alien problem was more border security. That's a mere bandaid that won't stem the bleeding from the much deeper cut.

These illegals come here for jobs. Jobs that American employers gladly provide because 1) they can pay below minimum wage 2) they can skirt OSHA workplace safety requirements because the illegals will not contact government regulatory agencies 3) they don't have to provide any fringe benefits like health insurance or paid vacations.

Until these "American" employers can be discouraged from hiring these folks, the problem will continue and probably even grow.

Quote:
Lou is smart, educated and very much in tune with who is responsible for the demise of America. With all that is going wrong with America, by the time 2012 rolls around I think America will be ready to elect Lou.
I don't question his intelligence or education. I'm not so sure about his "being in tune" with the source of America's problems. His choice of party affiliation will make it clear whether or not he is.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 AM

2,480 posts, read 3,078,286 times
Quote:
I think I'm gonna puke.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM

8,638 posts, read 8,597,202 times
I like Dobbs. I hope he runs for something. ZWe need people like him in office. hussein obama must know the people are done with him and he is already putting it out there that he mmay not consider a second term. YEAH! His enormous ego could probably not take the loss...lol

Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012 | KansasCity.com Prime Buzz

Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
As I recall, Lou's "answer" to the illegal alien problem was more border security. That's a mere bandaid that won't stem the bleeding from the much deeper cut.
Actually, he is a staunch supporter of strict enforcement of our current laws, attrition through enforcement and militarization of our borders.

Quote:
These illegals come here for jobs. Jobs that American employers gladly provide because 1) they can pay below minimum wage 2) they can skirt OSHA workplace safety requirements because the illegals will not contact government regulatory agencies 3) they don't have to provide any fringe benefits like health insurance or paid vacations.
Contrary to popular belief, the vast majority come here to rape the taxpayer funded freebies. Thus, the huge population via number of illegal alien births on American soil courtesy of illegal aliens, primarily from mexico.

Until these "American" employers can be discouraged from hiring these folks, the problem will continue and probably even grow. [/quote]

Agreed.

Quote:
I don't question his intelligence or education. I'm not so sure about his "being in tune" with the source of America's problems. His choice of party affiliation will make it clear whether or not he is.
He is a self declared Independent.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 AM

10,797 posts, read 12,718,873 times
Quote:

I'd like Lou in the Senate.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I'd like Lou in the Senate.
I think he'd make a positive difference in the Senate as well. We need a powerful pro American "outsider" and messenger to help return the government back to the American people.

Ron Paul needs his help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies