Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:12 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,864,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
well, looks like you have me all figured out and gave me two whole entire options. Gee thanks

I can't watch the video either, but I can't see a 10-year old coming up with this on his own. Maybe I was too quick to judge the parents and it could be the school system or another relative, but someone has been feeding this kid some crap. When I was 10, many moons ago, I barely even noticed girls, better yet pondered gay rights. Someone needs to let this kid be a kid and save the BS for later in life.

and Maury is a retarded TV show that always has out of control kids on it. South Park did a great job of making fun of it.
He's just not a Conservative. That explains it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 09:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
This is what's so wrong in our country today - lack of patriotism and respect for the United States. No, we are far from a perfect country but where else can you find the level of freedom that US citizens take for granted?
Reciting the Pledge doesn't indicate any level of patriotism, in my opinion. As someone else said, kids are just parroting what they're heard - as are most adults. Patriotism and respect are feelings that can't be forced; either you feel those things or you don't. Reciting a few lines that someone else wrote doesn't do anything to change your level of patriotism.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Don't worry, my dad is very much like our friend here, only maybe more so, and I turned out to be a liberal atheist. Not all children grow up to be exact replicas of their parents.
Same here. True "thinking people" will make their own decisions and come to their own conclusions as adults, no matter how militant their parents may be.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:41 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,751,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Move there and pledge your loyalty to them.
Is that all you neocons have to say, "If you don't like Amerikaa, you can get ouuuttttt.....", every time someone hits you with hard facts. I love this country like many other people, but we are far from perfect and a lot of those countries listed probably have more freedom and equality than the US. It's not freedom, when you deny a certain groups rights, while other countries that may have younger democracies allow it. This young boy is right to bring to attention. I wish more people in this country were as smart and brave as this child.

I find it ironic that neocons like yourself think that this boy is disrespecting the founding principles of the countries, but wasn't this country founded on dissent and free speech? Weren't the founding fathers rebelling against the British government? If we had your attitude, back then, we probably would have still been part of Great Britain.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:54 AM

71 posts, read 121,914 times
Wow, this is one brilliant, passionate and brave young lad. I love him !!! Can he be our next president?

Old 11-28-2009, 06:05 AM

71 posts, read 121,914 times
I just can't understand it. My brother, three yrs younger than me, grew up to be the worst neocon, and has raised a young 17-yr-old neocon. And yet, by age 10, I knew with my redneck family I was in trouble, and have grown up to be a leftist. He and I can't stand one another, though I'd never think of discussing politics with him. We are civil with one another, but that is all surface. When my mother passes, he and I will have little contact at all.

How does this happen? It's not as minor as us being of two different parties! It's that he is a racist and bigot and against human and civil rights, and feels the sort of ultra-right, 1950s status quo my father supported is the way things are supposed to be. He believes people should be in poor houses, and that women should have fewer rights than men.

So I often wonder if others have same experience I do with my brother.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:35 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,465 times
More than you know. Although my brother is not a racist and bigot, I have not seen him in more than 25 years. I love him and have reached out to him, but he is uninterested to the point he didn't care when my mother died. I miss him.
I am originally from southeast Texas, and sometimes I cannot believe that's where I came from. Although my parents were not racist in the least, now that my mom has passed on, as soon as I sell the house I inherited down there I proabably will never go back there...although the pervading attitude is not as bad as your brother's, it is understood in every little thing people say and the way the act -- not all of them, but the majority. They can't see they have changed since we were teenagers, but having been away from there so long, I can.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How many 10 year olds know they are gay ? He's all of 10 and "he's grown up with them" ?

Sounds like parental brainwashing to me.
You are sadly misinformed. Although many people don't really realize they are gay until after puberty, many more know they are different or gay from the time they are little children -- they just don't always have a word for it.
ALL people who are citizens of this country should be treated equally. You don't have to condone their lifestyle anymore than others have to condone yours, but as Americans we should remember that the country was built on, among other things, the premise that all men[women] are created equal...

Old 11-28-2009, 11:52 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
this kid is Un-American he didnt hold his hand on his heart, he didnt say it at all. dont vote for this kid lol.....this sounds all too familiar months ago

Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
but as Americans we should remember that the country was built on, among other things, the premise that all men[women] are created equal...
it may have been built on all that but it wasnt exercised that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies