Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I just hope that young man spoke from his heart and was not used as a pawn.
He's a pawn - a product of the media and subtle indoctrination. He seems like an articulate kid, which tells me he probably reads a good bit, most likely the fad-like hot topics that liberals love to promote - like gay marriage. He found something to latch onto. Of all the problems in this nation, its unfortunate its homosexuality that he's most attracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of all the problems in this nation, its unfortunate its homosexuality that he's most attracted to.
Why is it unfortunate? I assume the kid cares deeply about the issue.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,076 times
Quote:
He's a pawn - a product of the media and subtle indoctrination
No more then all his classmates (who get indoctrinated at church) and now call him a gaywad, a fa*, insert you own gay putdown.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
So one kid out of several thousand is for gay marriage and you think it is indoctrination? Usually indoctrination is what the masses are doing, not what one single individual is doing. Lets be real, this is individualism. A student that is going against the grain of indoctrination .

Old 11-21-2009, 10:39 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nowhere in my post did I allude to forcing others. I was replying to a post where he wanted it all scrapped because he doesn't believe in it.

To each his own. You don't have to say the pledge and I don't care.
But let me say the pledge and you don't care too.

agreed.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
He's a pawn - a product of the media and subtle indoctrination. He seems like an articulate kid, which tells me he probably reads a good bit, most likely the fad-like hot topics that liberals love to promote - like gay marriage. He found something to latch onto. Of all the problems in this nation, its unfortunate its homosexuality that he's most attracted to.

why is human inequality something it is unfortunate to care about?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:53 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Kid shouldn't even be caring about those issues at that age. Better things to worry about. Go outside and play, don't sit around and listen to your liberal, whiny parents. Pledge Allegiance to the flag, its the Country you should be proud of, immature little brat.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Kid shouldn't even be caring about those issues at that age. Better things to worry about. Go outside and play, don't sit around and listen to your liberal, whiny parents. Pledge Allegiance to the flag, its the Country you should be proud of, immature little brat.

yeah just do what you are told and stop thinking. We are the mature name calling ones.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
yeah just do what you are told and stop thinking. We are the mature name calling ones.
Its the god damn Pledge of Allegiance. It helps develop patriotism and has been part of school culture for YEARS. I did it everyday and was proud to. I love this country, and if the little brat chooses to not like the country, he should march his butt south of the border.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:04 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
he should march his butt south of the border.
Or...North of the border if he wants the the same rights our founding fathers thought he should have,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies