Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM

1,179 posts, read 973,793 times

Advertisements

During a relatively unnoticed speech in early November, former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said he found it "deplorable" and "shameful" that his fellow Republicans were attacking the president for even the most trivial or well-intentioned matters.

Appearing before the Hudson Union Society to discuss his forthcoming book, "A Simple Christmas", Huckabee took umbrage with the criticism levied by some conservatives over Obama's visit to Dover Air Force base to see the coffins of returning soldiers.

Huckabee Calls Knee-Jerk GOP Attacks On Obama 'Deplorable' And 'Shameful'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,418,781 times
Again any point at all?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 AM

900 posts, read 670,848 times
See the gay bashing governor thread. I'm guessing he wants anybody who finds the story interesting to comment on it. Radical concept, I know.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Interest view into Huckabee's character. Good for him for taking a stand against the trivial crap that is thrown at Obama.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
See the gay bashing governor thread. I'm guessing he wants anybody who finds the story interesting to comment on it. Radical concept, I know.
I'm just out here going rogue, don't try and stop me. Personally I disagree with Huck on most of his outlooks. However I have to agree with him here. I'd think that the above bellyacher would have been able to read between the lines, but it looks like that's a lost cause. What ole Huck is saying could easily apply here, and I'm rather curious to see what those guilty of this behavior would say in reply to the article. Especially since they are ALL guilty of it.

Daily, hell, hourly, we see the bombardment of non topics and outrageous accusations. Manufactured anger, (gasp) and outrage over anything the President does. I wonder if Huck's fans would be willing to eat some humble pie and do an integrity self check?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,418,781 times
YAY!!!! A well thought out insightful post!! I'm so proud, I'd E-high five you if I weren't so afraid of touching your gay hand. (That was a joke).

All kidding aside why is it that when someone disagree's with a "gay" issue or standpoint they are automatically a homophobe? Can you not have difference of opinion on something and not be afraid of gays?

By the way yay for Huck. Leiberman, Colin Powell.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
(That was a joke).

All kidding aside why is it that when someone disagree's with a "gay" issue or standpoint they are automatically a homophobe? Can you not have difference of opinion on something and not be afraid of gays?
I didn't call you a homophobe, just your boyfriend. (That was a joke).

Old 11-22-2009, 07:21 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
During a relatively unnoticed speech in early November, former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said he found it "deplorable" and "shameful" that his fellow Republicans were attacking the president for even the most trivial or well-intentioned matters.

Appearing before the Hudson Union Society to discuss his forthcoming book, "A Simple Christmas", Huckabee took umbrage with the criticism levied by some conservatives over Obama's visit to Dover Air Force base to see the coffins of returning soldiers.

Huckabee Calls Knee-Jerk GOP Attacks On Obama 'Deplorable' And 'Shameful'
His point being that the "R"s cried about Dem constant and irrational criticism about Bush, but now it turns out that Republicans are far worse in that game than the dems ever were. They critisized even Obamas visit to Dover saying that Obama did it for an photo-op. How could they possibly know Obama's motivation? How do they know what was in Obama's heart when he went there in the middle of the night? The Republicans are playing an extremely childish game and in the process they have proven to be hyportites of the worst kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies