Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
Marijuana can kill you, saying otherwise is being delusional. If you have a severe marijuana addict and cut of his access to marijuana (Lock him into a room or something) He can (Most probably will) go into a psychosis and his body is so used to the substance that it goes into a shock, which can kill a person.

So yes, Marijuana kills.

And to stop all theese delusional people, thinking it's healthy.

Marijuana impinges on the central nervous system by attaching to brain's neurons and interfering with normal communication between the neurons. These nerves respond by altering their initial behavior. For example, if a nerve is suppose to assist one in retrieving short-term memory, cannabinoids receptors make them do the opposite. So if one has to remember what he did five minutes ago, after smoking a high dose of marijuana, he has trouble. Marijuana plant contains 400 chemicals and 60 of them are cannabinoids, which are psychoactive compounds that are produced inside the body after cannabis is metabolized or is extorted from the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids is an active ingredient of marijuana. The most psychoactive cannabinoids chemical in marijuana that has the biggest impact on the brain is tetrahydrocannibol, or THC. THC is the main active ingredient in marijuana because it affects the brain by binding to and activating specific receptors, known as cannabinoid receptors. "These receptors control memory, thought, concentration, time and depth, and coordinated movement. THC also affects the production, release or re-uptake (a regulating mechanism) of various neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are chemical messenger molecules that carry signals between neurons. Some of these affects are personality disturbances, depression and chronic anxiety. Psychiatrists who treat schizophrenic patient advice them to not use this drug because marijuana can trigger severe mental disturbances and cause a relapse.

When one's memory is affected by high dose of marijuana, short-term memory is the first to be triggered. Marijuana's damage to short-term memory occurs because THC alters the way in which information is processed by the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation. "One region of the brain that contains a lot of THC receptors is the hippocampus, which processes memory." Hippocampus is the part of the brain that is important for memory, learning, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivation. It also converts information into short-term memory. "Because it is a steroid, THC acts on the hippocampus and inhibits memory retrieval." THC also alters the way in which sensory information is interpreted. "When THC attaches to receptors in the hippocampus, it weakness the short-term memory," and damages the nerve cells by creating structural changes to the hippocampus region of the brain. When a user has a high dose of marijuana, new information does not register into their brain and this may be lost from memory and they are not able to retrieve new information for more than a few minutes. There is also a decrease in the activity of nerve cells.

There you go, Read up and stop being delusional.
Speaking of being delusional, where does it say in that article you pasted anything about either addiction or death?

Last edited by kdog; 11-25-2009 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 09:07 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well that's a lovely cut-and-paste job on the physiological aspects of getting high. However, there is not one hint of a suggestion in it to indicate that pot kills, or in fact is even addicting. And yet, this is all you got. Now then, exactly WHO is being delusional here?
I think he finally threw in the towel with his pathetic reasoning.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
I think he finally threw in the towel with his pathetic reasoning.
I think he/she was looking for a way to prove us wrong on all those .gov sites. He probably kept finding things that only spoke of its benefits and myths. Brobably realized he was wrong and cant admit it.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:08 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Besides drinking alcoholic beverages, I have never smoked or taken any drug... including even cigarettes - yet, I have no qualms about voting YES if a ballot would be before me asking if cannabis should be legal to grow and/or smoke [w/ any necessary safety/quality controls in place].

Old 11-26-2009, 03:47 PM

26 posts, read 38,636 times
I would like to post my experience with marijuana use and my Late husbands. I smoked marijuana every day several times a day straight for 8 years. My late husband even longer. Also during that time my husband drank and become an alcoholic. We both stopped smoking weed 7 years before he died.- NO PROBLEM stopped cold. NO PROBLEMS. My husband continued to be an alcoholic for 7 more years. When he stopped drinking 8 days later he was dead. Cause? Alchohol. He stopped drinking and got the DT's and he died. So which would I say was worse?????????????

Old 11-26-2009, 09:01 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
To put it very simple ->

You have the substance of cannabis in your system, and such. This can alter your body so that it needs this substance. It makes your body think it's normal, and requires it. Cut this of and stop the intake of it, and your body can't handle it.
So are you saying that it's a psychological addiction or physical addiction?
Careful, because there's only one right answer.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:15 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
I drank a lot of beer every day for 44 years and six months ago I just stopped all alcohol cold turkey no problem, no craving, no DTs nothing bad at all. I am saving about $8,000 per year that can now go to a much better use. !

Old 11-30-2009, 04:12 AM

400 posts, read 469,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
If you don't think that going to a bar and drinking alcohol is bad, then there's no reason to think smoking pot in a bar would be bad. There is nothing about marijuana that is worse than alcohol, and in fact it is much better than alcohol (safer and healthier, etc). The laws in the US are backwards and not based on reason but on ideological buffoonery, scare tactics and arresting the opposition (Nixon's war on the hippies, etc).
They had a great time in Amsterdam, smoked some good cannabis, and happy to be coming home tomorrow to Canada, where a bottle of water doesn't cost 7 euros.

But they do find that Amsterdam is the most free city on earth, They love the quality of how people feel free.

Very expensive! Don't go there unless you got some cash/or credit on your card.

Last edited by oneyear; 11-30-2009 at 04:22 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
They had a great time in Amsterdam, smoked some good cannabis, and happy to be coming home tomorrow to Canada, where a bottle of water doesn't cost 7 euros.

But they do find that Amsterdam is the most free city on earth, They love the quality of how people feel free.

Very expensive! Don't go there unless you got some cash/or credit on your card.
OH.....I'm SURE they smoked some good cannabis while they were there!

Plenty of coffeeshops there....with lots of high quality buds, hash and baked goodies.
Drug tourism....IS HUGE business in Amsterdam.
It's all good though.....I'm just not as supportive of their prostitution business....or the way they apparently, advertise the "product" in this business.....unlike, the LEGAL pot smoking, which I cannot remotely compare with legal prostitution.
Just my 2 pennies.

Glad they enjoyed themselves and had a good time.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Should Cannabis be legal?

Hell yes, and I will become a farmer the day that it is.

If I had the money to move to the Californias emerald coast and buy land, I'd do so in a heartbeat today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies