Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 AM

400 posts, read 469,127 times

Advertisements

Seriously, my daughter is visiting the Netherlands and the cannibes festival, do you think this is ok? I'm not a prude but I wonder about her actions...thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:43 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times
There is nothing wrong with cannabis. More people die from fast food, tobacco, alcohol, perscription drugs, and other thing than they do with cannabis. Actually, there are no reported deaths from its use. Why? because you would have to consume 5 - 6 times your body mass within an hour. You would pass out by the time you smoked the weight of your hand. Scientists have recently begun treating brain cancer victims with pure THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the part that makes yo high, and it has resulted in the victims brain tumors to shrink considerably. They have theorized that it may help prevent tumors and brain cancer. But this is in it purest form. The only harm that comes from marijuana is the smoking of it. Smoking anything is bad...you could smoke tree bark and it would be bad for your lungs. Inhaling smoke = bad. However, there are ways to "smoke" it that reduce the harmfull smoke effects. There are also ways to eat it and avoid the harmful smoke completely.

Another study showed that subject that smoked marijuana and then studied did better than those that where sober. Same goes for alcohol. But like anything...you have to use it in moderation.

So yes, Marijuana should be legal. In all forms to everyone. Treat it like alcohol and tobacco.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:45 AM

854 posts, read 1,978,218 times
i think people should be free to choose for themselves.

i would choose no for myself.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 AM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
I choose cannabis for a variety of reasons that ultimately improve my health and quality of life. More popular legal ways of catching a buzz do indeed provide a fun buzz, but do the exact opposite-they weaken health and immunity.

It's a great part of my lifestyle and many others. I'm sure your daughter is just fine.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
it sounds really cool and respectable when you call it cannabis, not at all like dope or marijuana which we usually associate with pot heads and losers.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it sounds really cool and respectable when you call it cannabis, not at all like dope or marijuana which we usually associate with pot heads and losers.
How do you want to talk about cannabis? Absolutley, cannabis is marijuana, but why do you think that all people are pot heads and losers? Please explain...

Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 AM

457 posts, read 1,016,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyear View Post
Seriously, my daughter is visiting the Netherlands and the cannibes festival, do you think this is ok? I'm not a prude but I wonder about her actions...thoughts?
Young girls get gang banged there all the time. You should be concerned. Maybe she'll get lucky and not have a perv jump her. Reality Brother. No place for a Stanford premed IMO.
If she goes anyway-- tell her to watch her drinks for spiking with knockout drugs,

Old 11-22-2009, 01:29 AM

550 posts, read 1,355,960 times
I've seen a few documentaries, suggested by my friends, about cannibis and hemp being natural cures for cancer and sicknesses. Quite a few videos on youtube on the subject.

I would like it legalized only so that so much money didn't have to be wasted on 'the war on drugs'.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Young girls get gang banged there all the time. You should be concerned. Maybe she'll get lucky and not have a perv jump her. Reality Brother. No place for a Stanford premed IMO.
If she goes anyway-- tell her to watch her drinks for spiking with knockout drugs,
I left something out, my oldest son is with her, they are together, my son will look out for her. But, they are going to go and smoke cannabis in the coffee shops. Is that bad?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
I've seen a few documentaries, suggested by my friends, about cannibis and hemp being natural cures for cancer and sicknesses. Quite a few videos on youtube on the subject.

I would like it legalized only so that so much money didn't have to be wasted on 'the war on drugs'.
i agree with you, I don't smoke cannabis, but I would like to know that if I am sick, and I needed something to releive pain, I could have marijauna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies