Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:29 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Look people, if nothing else we as Americans, need to review history, and Pearl Harbor. Look what it took to actually defeat our enemy.
If you're the resident history buff, I'm sure you know what the McCollum memo was.

You can't decide some random person or country who doesn't mean you any harm is going to be your enemy, maneuver them into throwing a punch at you, and then claim that any atrocities you commit are for "self-defense."

Or on second thought, maybe you can. People have fallen for the mythology of Pearl Harbor since 1941.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 08:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
While you're doing all this remembering, remember who the President was when we were attacked on 9/11.

And who sold out the families of the victims of PanAm 103 by negotiating with a sponsor of that mass murder of Americans.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:36 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
America Attacked 9 1 1

President Obama never forget you pretend America is at fault.
Do NOT tell me who my enemies are. They are YOUR enemies and you can fight them all you want. Your actions will do nothing but manufacture more and more of them. You will fight and fight and kill and kill. Are you a hamster on a wheel, doing the same thing over and over, going nowhere fast?

America IS at fault because it happened to America. Huh? Let me explain. Everything you or I encounter is "our fault" because we created it. If you think like you're a victim, you create more victims and you then do exactly what you're doing above, creating more enemies. If you love the victim/victimizer role, keep playing the same game because the results are strewn across history: more war, more bloodshed, more hatred. America needs to take charge of what it creates and right its wrongs. If conservatives demand that human beings do these things, why is the country any different? If people aren't perfect and America is run by people, why do conservatives think America is perfect the way it is? How can that be? America has committed crimes against other nations. This in no way justifies 9/11 but it goes a long way in explaining it. If something good or bad happens to you, look in the mirror. You made it happen, now accept your role in its creation and the responsibilities that go with that power.

How do you get rid of your enemies? You love them.
How do you prevent further 9/11s? You demand your government cease and desist and do the right thing.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 11-22-2009 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Are you one of the birther crazies or the truther crazies?

Dare I say it, are the birthers and truthers allying? Is this the new-new right, batcrap craziness and unreasonable paranoia?

Good luck winning in 2010, or 2012, or ever again.
LOL

Thanks for the laugh.

I haven't read as much non-sense in one post in a long time.

Particularly that last line. Obviously, you haven't been paying attention to the polls and most recent elections.

Let me guess, you were one of those batcrap blind crazies that voted for Obama? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

Good luck winning in 2010 or 2012. History, past and present, is not on your side.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
failing economy and an unpopular president.
How old are you? The economy was not "failing" in 2001 nor was Emperor Bush unpopular. The Emperor lost his luster as his deception began to unravel and other personality failures.

Despite beliefs to the contrary, people seem to continue to hold onto the notion that the President of the United States "controls" the economy. While the President and Congress can influence the economy only the market can control itself. I would strongly suggest that anybody thinking the contrary take a few economics classes with the goal of actually learning, not just showing up for the credit. You'll actually learn there is very little the government can do to actually control. They try this and try that then everybody crosses their fingers and toes. Capitalism sucks sometimes, don't it?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
President Obama never forget you pretend America is at fault.
I hope that Americans never forget the scumbag liars who are driving nonsense like this.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If you're the resident history buff, I'm sure you know what the McCollum memo was.

You can't decide some random person or country who doesn't mean you any harm is going to be your enemy, maneuver them into throwing a punch at you, and then claim that any atrocities you commit are for "self-defense."

Or on second thought, maybe you can. People have fallen for the mythology of Pearl Harbor since 1941.

LOL!!!

I stand corrected! Bwhahahaha!

Maybe that was a bad analogy for the passive to understand. Instead of Spanish being a second language. You would be speaking Japanese as your only language, if we had been as passive, as you wish the USA to become.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Actually, no, we've been at fault since we helped the Israeli invaders, mercenaries and terrorists ethnically cleanse the Palestinians in 1948. Yes, everything including 9/11 has been the direct and predictable result of our own deranged and masochistic policies.
How old are you? Your knowledge of history needs a little work.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:05 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Do NOT tell me who my enemies are. They are YOUR enemies and you can fight them all you want. Your actions will do nothing but manufacture more and more of them. You will fight and fight and kill and kill. Are you a hamster on a wheel, doing the same thing over and over, going nowhere fast?

America IS at fault because it happened to America. Huh? Let me explain. Everything you or I encounter is "our fault" because we created it. If you think like you're a victim, you create more victims and you then do exactly what you're doing above, creating more enemies. If you love the victim/victimizer role, keep playing the same game because the results are strewn across history: more war, more bloodshed, more hatred. America needs to take charge of what it creates and right its wrongs. If conservatives demand that human beings do these things, why is the country any different? If people aren't perfect and America is run by people, why do conservatives think America is perfect the way it is? How can that be? America has committed crimes against other nations. This in no way justifies 9/11 but it goes a long way in explaining it. If something good or bad happens to you, look in the mirror. You made it happen, now accept your role in its creation and the responsibilities that go with that power.

How do you get rid of your enemies? You love them.
How do you prevent further 9/11s? You demand your government cease and desist and do the right thing.
Pure obamanure!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
America has committed crimes against other nations.
Pretty strong assertion. Can you state any of these "crimes"? Why are they "crimes"?

And please be adult enough to not insult anybody's intelligence with pundit propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies