Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,970,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Duplicate thread. Mods - please delete this.

(actually, it should be deleted because it is probably like so much of the rest of the climate change deniers nonsense)
The other thread is concerning a specific mail with Phil Jones, this is discussing the emails in their entirety and the effect of such on the Climate Science field.

Also, I would inform yourself a bit more as there have been no contests to the authenticity of these files. In fact, there are numerous attempts at trying to explain off the content of them.

Honestly idahogie, this is not a win for any side here. This evidence will result in good science being held suspect due to the political focus and actions of those pushing the AGW agenda. This is not a good thing, but it is a necessary thing in order for proper science to regain control and maybe some good will result from this. Time will tell.

Political bias has destroyed the integrity of this field, this is not the time to insert more fallacious claims. It will end badly for those that do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 AM

1,133 posts, read 714,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
A hacker has gotten into the computers at Hadley CRU. That is Britain's largest climate research institute. They're a huge proponent of global warming. The hacker "seems to have uncovered evidence of substantial fraud in reporting the 'evidence' on global warming; the unlawful destruction of records to cover up this fraud" to keep it away from Freedom of Information Act requests...

check out the following link for details...

Climate Depot

No surprizes here except for the lemmings that have bought in to the fairy tale and made their leader the great fallen billionaire hoaxter Gore their hero. This simple bastard is laughing all the way to the bank and how do you feel now lemmings?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's the roots and the lowdown of the website where the OP gets the biased bogus climate change denial facts from...

After His Climate Denial Machine Is Exposed, Marc Morano Will Leave Senate Post

A top aide for Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) will be leaving his Senate post after a Wonk Room investigation revealed how he coordinates the right-wing climate denial machine. Marc Morano, Inhofe’s environmental communications director, joined the Senate in 2006 to promote Sen. Inhofe’s denial of manmade global warming via the Drudge Report and other right-wing outlets. E&E News reports that Morano will return to the conservative media network as a blogger for Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT):
Wonk Room » After His Climate Denial Machine Is Exposed, Marc Morano Will Leave Senate Post

CFACT is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit group under the of code of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.[1] On its website, CFACT does not disclose its corporate or foundation funders.

Media Transparency calculates that between 1991 and 2006 CFACT gained $1,280,000 from 18 grants from only two foundations -- the Carthage Foundation and the Sarah Scaife Foundation. The Carthage Foundation granted $1,105,000 to CFACT between 1991 - 2006, while the Sarah Scaife Foundation sent $175,000 to the group between 1996 - 2001.

On its website tracking grants to groups, the conservative Capital Research Center listed CFACT as having received grants of $60,500 from Chevron between 1994 and 1998. (The CRC lists the grants comprising $16,000 in each of 1994, 1995 and 1996 and $12,500 in 1998). The CRC also listed CFACT from having received $25,000 from DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund $25,000 and a token $500 from the Ford Motor Company Fund.

ExxonMobil contributed $5,000 in each of 1997 and 1998. Greenpeace's ExxonSecrets website adds that Exxon has contributed a further $577,000 between 2000 and 2007.

I don't deny there may be like political movements on the other side, so your "i gotcha" attempt is pointless.

The point of this thread is discussing the emails and what they show cocnerning the actual "scientific research" done by those invloved.

Do you not have any comment on them? Seriously, spinning more politics in this won't make this go away. Pointing fingers and making accusations at others does not change the fact that the key scientists and organizations involved with the research concerning AGW have been caught red handed violating laws and applying unethical practice in their research.

Do you have nothing to say to this? Please, do not be a political bobble head, this is a serious issue and you are ignoring the facts of the issue yet again. There is no escape from this one. The evidence is out and it will only become more widely publicized as the days go on.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,165,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I don't deny there may be like political movements on the other side, so your "i gotcha" attempt is pointless.

The point of this thread is discussing the emails and what they show cocnerning the actual "scientific research" done by those invloved.

Do you not have any comment on them? Seriously, spinning more politics in this won't make this go away. Pointing fingers and making accusations at others does not change the fact that the key scientists and organizations involved with the research concerning AGW have been caught red handed violating laws and applying unethical practice in their research.

Do you have nothing to say to this? Please, do not be a political bobble head, this is a serious issue and you are ignoring the facts of the issue yet again. There is no escape from this one. The evidence is out and it will only become more widely publicized as the days go on.
I cannot take anything seriously that is not yet proven and that comes from a source that is obviously biased. The entire site is dedicated to the denial of global warming/climate change. A quote from Limbaugh praising the site and this Murano guy is what jumped out at me that finding the particular article is a moot point. When a reliable, believable and unbiased outlet releases the findings, I will take it as fact.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
The emails are genuine; Real Climate, the blog of one of the cabal;

RealClimate

Make sure you look at the over 700 comments.

The files, documents and emails are all over the web. The cabal have said they a genuine, but I can understand your wanting to "deny" all those facts and the content of those damaging emails.

Your world is rocked today.

This thread has a ton of those emails, links to funding spreadsheets and the millions of dollars these guys have pandered.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...roup-hide.html

Old 11-22-2009, 09:30 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,165,640 times
Limbaugh distorts apparently stolen emails to falsely claim global warming is "made up"

November 20, 2009 8:04 pm ET — 35 Comments
Rush Limbaugh -- who had previously condemned the "thugs" who hacked then-Gov. Sarah Palin's email account -- joined right-wing bloggers in touting a series of emails that were apparently stolen from the UK's Climate Research Unit [CRU]. Limbaugh proceeded to distort at least one of the emails in order to falsely suggest that it is evidence that global warming is "made up" and that leading climate scientists have been engaged in "substantial fraud."

Limbaugh distorts apparently stolen emails to falsely claim global warming is "made up" | Media Matters for America

Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 AM

38,074 posts, read 22,234,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Duplicate thread. Mods - please delete this.

(actually, it should be deleted because it is probably like so much of the rest of the climate change deniers nonsense)
Crawl into your safe place and chant "There's no place like home" and make all the deniers go away, or get government to force them go away for you.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I cannot take anything seriously that is not yet proven and that comes from a source that is obviously biased. The entire site is dedicated to the denial of global warming/climate change. A quote from Limbaugh praising the site and this Murano guy is what jumped out at me that finding the particular article is a moot point. When a reliable, believable and unbiased outlet releases the findings, I will take it as fact.
I understand being "skeptical", after all it is an important quality to have when being objective, though I find your willingness to entertain skepticism only when it contests with your view on the issue as... well... convenient.

As for the legitimacy of these emails, do a bit more reading. They are turning out to be valid and again as many of us who have been discussing this issue over time have stated, we are not dealing with the politics here. This is the science here, the researchers and the specific research which is the backing to the AGW position.

I could care less about Limbaugh or the news organizations as they never get down to the issue of the science, nor do your posting either for that matter.

Maybe the seriousness of this information might be more apparent if you did spend a little more time on the science blogs and sites rather than frequenting the surface opinions of media outlets.

As I said, those in the emails are not contesting this, nor are any of the official organizations.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,139,380 times
You complain about biased sites them post a link to Media Matters?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Awww...what's the matter sicky, can't stand to look at the emails and other documents? Have to get the "pat" response and excuse from those left-wing rag sites?

Can't you muster a response to the actually emails instead of bringing your red herring Rush into the issue? This isn't about Rush, it is about a small, elite cabal of GW fanatics who have committed fraud.

The world of the believers has been rocked and is slowly unraveling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies