U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM
 
Location: On Top
12,387 posts, read 12,458,220 times
Reputation: 4027

Advertisements

Glenn Beck: "On August 28, 2010, I ask you, your family and neighbors to join me at the feet of Abraham Lincoln on the National Mall for the unveiling of "The Plan" and the birthday of a new national movement to restore our great country."

Hot Air’s Allahpundit notes that the date of Beck’s DC event “happens to be the anniversary of the ‘I Have a Dream’ speech” by Martin Luther King, Jr. “Eschewing the title of ‘leader’ is thus a curious display of modesty from a guy who thinks his book launch is worthy of a modern-day March on Washington with him in the MLK role,” writes Allahpundit.

Think Progress » Glenn Beck Has A ‘Plan’ To Sell Books With March On Washington On The Anniversary Of MLK Speech
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,232 posts, read 16,713,530 times
Reputation: 4584
Of course he is. Palin does the same. "Fools and their money, are soon parted".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:11 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,387 posts, read 12,458,220 times
Reputation: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Of course he is. Palin does the same. "Fools and their money, are soon parted".
The arrogance of Beck, the effeminate doughboy amazes me, I wonder if his ADD has progressed to Bi-Polar disease.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,112 posts, read 8,606,865 times
Reputation: 5189
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Glenn Beck: "On August 28, 2010, I ask you, your family and neighbors to join me at the feet of Abraham Lincoln on the National Mall for the unveiling of "The Plan" and the birthday of a new national movement to restore our great country."

Hot Air’s Allahpundit notes that the date of Beck’s DC event “happens to be the anniversary of the ‘I Have a Dream’ speech” by Martin Luther King, Jr. “Eschewing the title of ‘leader’ is thus a curious display of modesty from a guy who thinks his book launch is worthy of a modern-day March on Washington with him in the MLK role,” writes Allahpundit.

Think Progress » Glenn Beck Has A ‘Plan’ To Sell Books With March On Washington On The Anniversary Of MLK Speech
Okay. Up to now I have just found this person to be distasteful and a bit scary. But with this he may just have moved himself into my very small "I hate this person" category. How dare he?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,387 posts, read 12,458,220 times
Reputation: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Okay. Up to now I have just found this person to be distasteful and a bit scary. But with this he may just have moved himself into my very small "I hate this person" category. How dare he?
It's just sickening the inference that Beck would even dare place himself in the company of such great men as MLK, his visions of grandeur is what makes me think he is in the manic stage of bi-polar mental disease.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
 
1,364 posts, read 1,804,927 times
Reputation: 1111
MLK was an adultorer...gimme a break! Beck does not associate himself with MLK in any way except to wake up real Americans that it's time to take back our country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,112 posts, read 8,606,865 times
Reputation: 5189
Glenn Beck is not worthy of scraping the dirt off the bottom of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s shoes. He isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He needs to be committed to long term psychiatric care for even daring to think of doing this. He is a vile little man who lives off the sick, racist fear he seeks to stir up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
 
9,880 posts, read 9,759,621 times
Reputation: 2880
Good for Glenn Beck! Capitalism rocks!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 05:14 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
66,543 posts, read 48,223,877 times
Reputation: 36718
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Good for Glenn Beck! Capitalism rocks!!


P T Barnum and H L Mencken would be proud........................................
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
 
7,987 posts, read 11,996,449 times
Reputation: 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Glenn Beck is not worthy of scraping the dirt off the bottom of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s shoes. He isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He needs to be committed to long term psychiatric care for even daring to think of doing this. He is a vile little man who lives off the sick, racist fear he seeks to stir up.
Sounds like you just described both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top