Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Remember how the Bush administration protrayed the anti war movement?

Don't be too quick to forget.
Which happened more recently? Don't be so quick to forget.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Everything they don't like, they want changed to their liking with total disregard of everyone else. They really must think that the universe revolves around them and only them.

They are also deathly afraid of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin. I think their vile hatred that you can witness here on CD illustrates this quite well. While they are afraid of Patriots, they coddle terrorists. They are TRAITORS!
Traitors for believing in Democracy?, they won the election.

It appears you are the one who has a problem with majority rule

Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Bush was supported by conservatives, was he not? How is Obama supposed to strike public law? The president doesn't have the power to do that, only the congress does.
Simply being a republican candidate does not make you a conservative, if anything can help clear this up for you, I give you - Dede Scozzafava.

I don't see 0bama making any motions to rescind the NAS wire taps, he is expanding their use.

Quote:
You've contradicted yourself for the sake of your agenda. Who determines convenience - YOU?
Contradicted myself, how? If a woman feels inconvenienced by her pregnancy, and chooses to get an abortion because she does not want to move back to Staten Island.

Quote:
If the Supreme Court should strike down a Constitutional right because the law is abused (an abortion for "convenience", for example) then why is it not permissible to strike down any other right when it too is abused (blowing away school kids in a playground with a semi automatic AK-47 for example).

Abused rights? Blowing away people with an AK-47 violates the right to life of those children. The right to life was most likely the first one stated in the U.S. Declaration of Independence, because the other rights cease to exist once life is taken away.

To clear up my view of what a constitutional "right" and what is a need.

The simplest test for me to determine is something is a right is whether or not it requires that someone else must give up something of theirs in order for you to acquire that "right". If, in order for you to obtain your right, you infringe on their rights of another person, require them to give up some of their property, or require them to perform some service, in order to give you that right… then it is not a right.

There is a difference between a right and a need. You have no right to housing, no right to car or medical insurance and no right to clothing, but you have a right to pursue these needs.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Traitors for believing in Democracy?, they won the election.

It appears you are the one who has a problem with majority rule
That's the left's only argument. "WE WON". You duped voters is what happened. It won't happen again, Obama and the liberals have tainted their product pretty badly and it isn't even a full year into it yet.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
I went to lunch..I'm back now to defend it. I find it kind of funny that when I read through the Republicans are dumb thread, I didn't see you complaining about how that was a troll post. My thread is calling out exactly what you just did. "I don't like your thread, so I'm going to report it as a troll post because it is against my agenda". Thanks for proving my point Casper.
First off, Mr Gibbs, I have not read the Republicans are Dumb thread, maybe I should because I do disagree with the idea. Secondly I did not report your post, I only stated the fact that had not seen you defend your rant after posting it, I still have not seen you do that.
Casper

Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
for me
Dude!? Are you a justice for The Supreme Court of the United States? NO? Then "you" don't count! Nor I. It is the law of the land no matter what our thoughts or morals. Get over it.

Simple fact of the matter is you and I do NOT have the right to infringe on the Constitutional rights of others. Black and white, ones and zeros, true and false, yes and no. Your gift of gab to justify in your mind the contrary is ludicrous.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Everything they don't like, they want changed to their liking with total disregard of everyone else. They really must think that the universe revolves around them and only them.

They are also deathly afraid of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin. I think their vile hatred that you can witness here on CD illustrates this quite well. While they are afraid of Patriots, they coddle terrorists. They are TRAITORS!
Wow, that statement says a lot! But I think it applies equally to the left fringe as well as the right fringe. Except the right fringe wouldn't coddle terrorists, they would torture them, which is a little like torturing yourself. Interesting phenomenon that!

Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Dude!? Are you a justice for The Supreme Court of the United States? NO? Then "you" don't count! Nor I. It is the law of the land no matter what our thoughts or morals. Get over it.

Simple fact of the matter is you and I do NOT have the right to infringe on the Constitutional rights of others. Black and white, ones and zeros, true and false, yes and no. Your gift of gab to justify in your mind the contrary is ludicrous.
Foreigners don't share the same constitutional rights as citizens do.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The Constitution does not force Christianity on people, so you are confusing conservatives with religious zealots. Since the democratic party has been hostile to religion, a lot of religious nuts have adopted the republican party, but it does not make them conservatives.

Yeah, the problem is that you seem to think that Conservatism = wrapping yourself in a Constitutional blanket....

WRONG!!!

1st Amendment is trampled on more by Conservatives than Liberals...

2nd Amendment is trampled on more by Liberals than Conservatives, etc, etc, etc...

So anyway, I'll play the game: Explain your "analogy". How, pray tell, does a liberal want to make everyone else a vegetarian too???

I think you confuse educating people with indoctrinating people.

It was okay to Conservatives to do this when it was a matter of mentioning God in schools, but the second we started educating our kids on responsible sex and <GASP!!!!> acknowledging that homosexuality exists, suddenly, Conservatives didn't think it so cool to educate kids on controversial topics.... Suddenly it became "indoctrination"...

Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Remember how the Bush administration protrayed the anti war movement?

Don't be too quick to forget.
What exactly did Bush, the RNC or the republican leadership say about Cindy Sheehan, for example, that compares to what Pelosi, Reid, 0bama and the DNC said about the people who attended the town halls in August and tea parties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies