Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Foreigners don't share the same constitutional rights as citizens do.
Actually, in matters of Criminal Law, they do - if a foreign vistor is arrested on US soil, they are afforded the same protections as any US citizen is.

They are also afforded the same rights to buy, own and sell real and personal property in the United States - a Constitutinoal right.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:56 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I know of no liberal forcing vegetarianism on you, never heard of it...oh, wait, are you saying that conservatives are content to never change things? Then you'd be correct....they fear change.
Why does someone have to change? Why cant a person be content with who they are and what they believe in and their life?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Which happened more recently? Don't be so quick to forget.
It doesn't matter what first or second. You cannot complain about something which your side did as well.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,819 times
Quote:
Foreigners don't share the same constitutional rights as citizens do.
They do when they step foot in this country, or haven't you noticed? If it hasn't happened yet I'd be willing to bet those terrorists to be tried in New York will be "read their rights".

Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
You're going to get me banned??? lol. This was the point of my post and you, along with others are proving it quite nicely.
No, you've proven nothing. The TOS on this forum states no personal insults or you'll get infractions or a temporary ban. I should know.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Actually Gibbs, you have no idea what I have or haven't heard of so tell me why you're making sweeping assumptions? Again, are cows being outlawed? Answer the question. And if you continue to insult me & everyone else on here, I'm going to report every single post of yours & get you a ban, understand? Why not start posting where you don't insult others for a change?
You just proved his post that is controlling. You are threatening to report all his post and attempt to get him banned because?? He doesnt agree with you

Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What exactly did Bush, the RNC or the republican leadership say about Cindy Sheehan, for example, that compares to what Pelosi, Reid, 0bama and the DNC said about the people who attended the town halls in August and tea parties?
Would you agree that it's politically wise to temper your comments about a woman who lost her son in Iraq?

For that reason alone I don't think the comparison is fair.

I think Sheehan is a nut-job attention ***** just like most people do... I also think that the majority of tea "partiers" are ignorant rabble-rousers...

If you'd like to go tit-for-tat on quotes from Pelosi, Reid, Obama and the DNC vs. comments from Republican leaders on Sheehan I'm sure we'd see a remarkable parallel.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You just proved his post that is controlling. You are threatening to report all his post and attempt to get him banned because?? He doesnt agree with you
Yeah, you might want to read my post above regarding personal insults.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Everything they don't like, they want changed to their liking with total disregard of everyone else. They really must think that the universe revolves around them and only them.
No big fan of liberal Democrats, but what you describe reminds me more of the teapartiers, not liberal Democrats.

Quote:
They are also deathly afraid of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin. I think their vile hatred that you can witness here on CD illustrates this quite well. While they are afraid of Patriots, they coddle terrorists. They are TRAITORS!
Hatred, maybe. Fear? I don't see it.

The Patriots are in first place, but only by two games. I don't think any team is afraid of them.

Nice troll job.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Why does someone have to change? Why cant a person be content with who they are and what they believe in and their life?
I'm not sure why anyone would be against change that could be for the better. Why would you want to stay stagnant? That does nothing for you or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies