Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
Blue State Exodus - Pesquisa do Google=

That's right
Blue state exodus

They are going out of New York , California , New Jersey and the like ... but where are they going ? Texas , Arizona and what not

And they are bringing their fiscal irresponsibility , disorder , weak personal responsibility and so much more view of the world with them )=
Young hip professionals bring disorder?

They spend MONEY!!! Oh NO!!! Tha outta kill the economy!

Only they have weak personal responsibility (values, I think you mean)?

And what the heck is "so much more world view" ???

All in all a very odd attitude.

Oh, BTW, America IS ruined already...pay attention!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
If social liberalism, like keeping the government out of sexual preference and marriage, is terrible we need more of it. If political liberalism of "one person, one vote" is an affront to free men, we need more of it. If economic liberalism is hunting down and jailing market manipulators and monopolists threatens the ruling class we need a LOT more of it. If religious liberalism allows any religion to act without government support or interference and allows them to worship anywhere except government supported activities or courtrooms is destroying the old Kristian US then we need to get on with it.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:37 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Just thought I'd reminisce about Election Night 2008, watching the states "light up" in a dark blue hue, and then watching , and listening, when CBS called the state of Ohio for Obama, meaning that the end was near for McCain/Palin, and a 2 -hour countdown to the closing polls on the West Coast was on.

As I recall, at 10:59 EST, the networks went to a commercial; at 11:01, they returned, and just like a bolt of lightning, the West Coast was awash in blue, and they declared that " we have a new President".

Times will change, the political pendulum will swing back and forth, but this truly was a special moment.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:

That's right
Blue state exodus

They are going out of New York , California , New Jersey and the like ... but where are they going ? Texas , Arizona and what not

And they are bringing their fiscal irresponsibility , disorder , weak personal responsibility and so much more view of the world with them )=
Look at it this way: you will benefit from the influx of educated individuals who will highlight for you the errors in your thinking.

Your fear of the blue state exodus is pure ignorance. Fiscal irresponsibility is not limited to blue states nor one specific ideology. Even very red Orange County CA went bankrupt. There are just as many people on welfare in red states as there are in blue states. Personal irresponsibility is everywhere and is even evident in your own argument which manages to erase your personal responsibility when it blames everyone else for the problem.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:35 PM

173 posts, read 364,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummmm, you might want to learn a little about East Asia, Western Asia, Southeast Asia and Africa and the religions practiced in those areas.
There are more Muslims in Asia than Xians.
Indonesia, Malaysia, Southern Thailand are predominantly Muslim.
Africa is predominantly Muslim.

World Religion Map
I'm talking in terms of conversion

Plus where the heck did you get that Africa is predominantly Muslim ?
What have you been smoking ?

You're still living in the 1900's
In the 1900's less than 10 % of Africa was Christian

In the 1960's it was still pretty low as well
Only at the start of the 1970's did it start to go up and more were converting to Christianity

Malaysia is 65 % Muslim now
I knew a Malaysian woman that was not a Muslim

It's either secular , traditional African religion or Christian usually in Africa ( usually 20 to 30 % can be Christian in Africa )

No seriously ... where the heck do you live ???

Indonesia for example is 90 to 98 % Muslim
Now THAT's predominantly Muslim

You're ignoring globalization and so many other things ... as the world gets smaller and smaller more and more different nations come together

For example I'm seeing a flooding of Chinese coming to Angola and you know what ? Last year was the first year that I ever saw a Muslim in Angola ( as in Muslim woman with hijab ... she was from the once colonial power of this country ... she was from Portugal ... I guess she converted ... and Portugal is in Western Europe )

Not to sound mean or anything but just because Islam is flooding America and Europe doesn't mean that it is going strong elsewhere
And I know the feeling ... I went to major American cities and saw plenty of Muslims

Same thing in major European cities

In Asia and Christianity in terms of CONVERSION ( because people leave , grow up or come back to Christianity all of the time ) Christianity is popular
In Latin America it's Christianity vs nominal Christianity ( as in secular with Christian traditions )

I just went to South Africa last year ... now that's not a South Africa of the past
I always saw Hindus , seculars , African traditional religionists and Christians but right now there are Buddhists and Muslims too

Things changed in just 10 years in South Africa

The world is changing

In the past Africa was NOT Christian
In the past Asia had very little Christians and now it's become a bit more popular

In Latin America it was always Christian traditions and now some are joining practicing Christianity

Russia and Australia are still the same
Hasn't seem to changed much for whatever reason

Islam is becoming popular in the West

It's globalization

The West has strong influenced in the World
And now it seems the East and the Middle East also has strong influence in the West as well

You can't seem to grasp that just because you see Muslims where you come from and hear '' Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world! '' doesn't mean I feel it too

Last edited by Amelia12345678910; 12-01-2009 at 07:50 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,222 times
Quote:

That's right
Blue state exodus

You could use this as an opportunity to start a red state exodus to blue states.

You could bring Bush style fiscal irresponsibility, authoritarian order, and religious laws.

That would show them.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
The movement of Americans across America can be compared to the spread of termites in a piece of wood on the ground or the growth of bacteria on an agar plate. Note that this comparison carries with it the notion that the greatest amounts of decay are always greatest at the points of the infestation in the wood and at the innoculant point on the agar dish. Less decay is found at the leading edges of the growth.

Just my opinion having lived near places that hosted early America versus places into which those communities grew and is still growing.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:19 PM

900 posts, read 673,009 times
Quote:
Well there are tons of moderate to conservative immigrants going to the USA too

What about us ?
That's why I posted this

I think that conservative immigrants can save the USA ( they tend to be fiscally conservative and socially moderate )

I'm actually glad that Houston , TX for example is flooded with Latinos and Muslims instead of American liberals from other states ... that least they're kinda conservative

Look at what they are doing to Houston
Hmmm....let's see. Muslim extremists hate American liberals and Conservatives hate American liberals!!

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:21 PM

900 posts, read 673,009 times
Quote:
Well there are tons of moderate to conservative immigrants going to the USA too

What about us ?
That's why I posted this

I think that conservative immigrants can save the USA ( they tend to be fiscally conservative and socially moderate )

I'm actually glad that Houston , TX for example is flooded with Latinos and Muslims instead of American liberals from other states ... that least they're kinda conservative

Look at what they are doing to Houston
Good luck finding a political party that represents those values. There used to be one but it doesn't exist any more.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
too late... the destruction started with your boy George Bushy

how quickly people forget!

Quote:

That's right
Blue state exodus

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies