Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

MSNBC host Chris Matthews, MSNBC reporter Norah O’Donnell, and MSNBC guest Joan Walsh shamelessly played the race card against Sarah Palin and her book-buying audience last week.

In Michigan, O’Donnell smugly noted that Palin’s fans were “largely white — almost no minorities in this crowd.” Matthews parroted the line, assailing the “white crowd.” Walsh likened the gathering to a “paranoid tea party.” Matthews hammered away at the “monochromatic” scene.

Michelle Malkin » The indelible whiteness of MSNBC

Seems she has a valid point

She even uses Mediamatters to help prove her point

Locked Out: The Lack of Gender and Ethnic Diversity on Cable News Continues | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times
What trashy journalism.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:32 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
When MSLSD decides that the only thing worth mentioning is the color of the crowd at an SP signing it must be slow. Has she not left any old women out in the freezing cold lately?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
What where are the democrats?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:17 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
MSNBC host Chris Matthews, MSNBC reporter Norah O’Donnell, and MSNBC guest Joan Walsh shamelessly played the race card against Sarah Palin and her book-buying audience last week.

In Michigan, O’Donnell smugly noted that Palin’s fans were “largely white — almost no minorities in this crowd.” Matthews parroted the line, assailing the “white crowd.” Walsh likened the gathering to a “paranoid tea party.” Matthews hammered away at the “monochromatic” scene.

Locked Out: The Lack of Gender and Ethnic Diversity on Cable News Continues | Media Matters for America
You know, I was scratching my head about the Media Matters link, since I watch MSNBC during prime time two or three times a week, and I see African-American guests nearly every time. Then I looked at the date - May, 2007. Two and a half years ago. I don't have time right now, since I'm taking my mom to the doctor, but I will look at the line-up and guests on MSNBC during the current time period to see, and will also check Media Matters for something more current.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You know, I was scratching my head about the Media Matters link, since I watch MSNBC during prime time two or three times a week, and I see African-American guests nearly every time. Then I looked at the date - May, 2007. Two and a half years ago. I don't have time right now, since I'm taking my mom to the doctor, but I will look at the line-up and guests on MSNBC during the current time period to see, and will also check Media Matters for something more current.
me too. Tamryn Hall comes to mind. She is a regular anchor in the afternoon. Eugene Robinson. There are others. I can't think of them right now.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Look at Malkin trying to pivot off the issue...the simple fact is that Palin does appeal to middle class southern-rural whites/reagan democrats...most minority communities find her rhetoric very frightening much like bobby jindal...

Old 11-23-2009, 02:40 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
Zippy7fo wrote;
Quote:
simple fact is that Palin does appeal to middle class southern-rural whites/reagan democrats
. For the bolded part you could just substitute, "non-thinkers".

Quote:
...most minority communities find her rhetoric very frightening much like bobby jindal
For the bolded part substitute "rational humans" and for the italicized substitute, "delusional".

gg

Old 11-23-2009, 06:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

The liberal left despises minorities and only accepts them as one accepts a dutiful pet. There is no respect in that relationship- minorities are to be seen, not heard.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You should try and tune in more often, they need the ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies