Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Does that also apply to the anti-Christian, anti-white, and any other anti-anything groups you neglected to mention? For example, the wacko left attacks against Tea Party participants, conservative talks shows, and pro-lifers?

If not, then you're being selective with the accusations.
For an example, go to the Human Rights Campaign's web site. I guarantee you'll see links to or mention of The Family Research Council, Lou Sheldon's web site or rhetoric as well as those of Don Wildmon (American Family Association?).

Then go to those 'Christian' web site and see the links to and rhetoric regarding HRC. All of this is done in connection with requests for donations and membership. It's all about the money.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 06:36 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Well aren't you the great arbitrator of what speech should and should not be allowed. That's great! Thank you!

- Reel

Do you honestly believe that this thread serves a purpose other than to spew hate and gross misconceptions without any truth or merit?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM

898 posts, read 1,402,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??
Ever have a child? Did they ever do things you didn't like, maybe you even hated what they did? Does that mean you hate the child? I don't think so!

So many people are ignorant and assume that Christians hate people because we don't approve of what they do.

I have no hatred of gays, but I am not going to condone their sexual acts. No man can choose his temptations, but all can choose whether to yield. The more you resist temptation, the less of a temptation it becomes.

I have no hatred of immigrants. In fact, my church has had outreach programs in the past where we have fed and clothed immigrants who were on hard times. I say in the past, because the immigrant population in my area is almost non existent now.

I don't know why you would presume we hate Black people either?

Jesus loved all the sinners of the time, but he never condoned their actions. When the woman was caught in adultery, after the woman's accusers had left, Jesus said "Neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more."

It's that "go and sin no more" that everyone wants to ignore. In this "if it feels good, do it" society in which we live, any condemnation of the actions of another is automatically assumed to be hatred of the individual and not the action. That assumption is blatantly wrong.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The question was 'Why do Christian conservatives hate so many people?' I think it's the same as it is for so many things. All you have to do is follow the money. The wacko Christian right's campaigns against gays is a good example. It emotionally rallys a certain segment of society.

The same is true of the anti-black/anti-jew crowd. They play on the emotions of a certain segment of society. The same is true of the anti-white/racism crowd. They play on the emotions of a certain segment of society.

All these folks play on the emotions of their base groups for one reason . . . money! It pays.

- Reel

Old 12-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Does that also apply to the anti-Christian, anti-white, and any other anti-anything groups you neglected to mention? For example, the wacko left attacks against Tea Party participants, conservative talks shows, and pro-lifers?

If not, then you're being selective with the accusations.

ummm what exact organized groups are you referring to??

but of course everyone against the tea parties are wacko not the ones carrying racist signs and wishing death to president

Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
This thread should be locked since the "Liberals hate" version was locked. I reported it to the mods, anyone else want to as well?

that was locked because of on going personal attacks.

do you teach your kids to "tattle tail" too

Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:

that was locked because of on going personal attacks.

do you teach your kids to "tattle tail" too
Exactly. He made that thread with NO intention of debating. I (and MANY others) refuted his points but he just went on and on and avoided answering the questions. He had nothing to say. It was just a clutter thread.

At least you are coming back and replying.

I am glad they closed that thread. It was a perfect move.

Quote:
This thread should be locked since the "Liberals hate" version was locked. I reported it to the mods, anyone else want to as well?
No.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that this thread serves a purpose other than to spew hate and gross misconceptions without any truth or merit?

not much since your posts contain neither and maybe 2% of the repliers actually answered the question which was why they do not if they do.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
Ever have a child? Did they ever do things you didn't like, maybe you even hated what they did? Does that mean you hate the child? I don't think so!

So many people are ignorant and assume that Christians hate people because we don't approve of what they do.

I have no hatred of gays, but I am not going to condone their sexual acts. No man can choose his temptations, but all can choose whether to yield. The more you resist temptation, the less of a temptation it becomes.

this has already been addresed countless times by myself and others. Please read the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
Jesus loved all the sinners of the time, but he never condoned their actions. When the woman was caught in adultery, after the woman's accusers had left, Jesus said "Neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more."

eternal hell is not condemnation???

Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong about calling it as I see it. If you told me when apples fell off a tree they floated around in the air I would call you on it just like I am calling you on this. You sit here and argue about how nothing can be 100% sure. Ok I will give you that. Science does not 100% prove things. However it is the closest thing to proof we have about most things. You are in turn calling Gay people sinners based on something that you have 0% of actual proof for because you have 0% proof that god actually exists.
And you have ZERO proof that He does not. I have not called gays sinners. I personally do believe that they are born gay, I was simply giving you so things to think about but it is very obvious that you are NOT open minded enough to even attempt to see anyones POV other then yours.

Quote:
And yes bi-sexual people were born that way. Why is someone being different so scary to you?
Who is scared? When did I ever say I was scared. I simply asked you a question and now I am scared. Nice try but no.

Quote:
No I don't. Do priests that molest children believe in god? don't lots of christians get divorced? cheat on their spouses? commit crimes? cheat on taxes?
There is a difference between believing in the idea of God and actually trusting in Him. People make bad choices God it there if you CHOOSE to ask Him fro guidance. Those that don't usually make mistakes.

Quote:
I do a lot of good things...a lot of good things for people less fortunate than I am. It's not because of god it is because I realize that is what good people do. We take care of each other, we love each other, we don't single out groups and cast them into hell.
Great that is good for you. I never said you could not do good things I was explaining how no one is worthy of Heaven it is only because of God's grace and mercy that we might make it there. God does not want anything but your love and trust in Him. And if you do those things you will be a good person and make the right choices.

Quote:
I in no way look down of people of faith. I look down at hypocrites who claim to be christ like and good christians but do the opposite.
Why don't you praise the good instead of focaing on the bad?

Quote:
I look down at hypocritical churches that have stained glass windows, marble altars, gold cups, and exotic wood pews while people in the same town are homeless and hungry.
Funny because Churches feed more homeless then any other organization.

Quote:
I am not bashing you because of faith but because of how you act.
And how do I act? You don't know me, you have no idea how I act.

Quote:
I am not losing out on anything. There is no way you could ever convince me that even if your exact idea of heaven and hell existed that someone going to church and accepting christ but figuratively stepping on people their whole life would go to heaven before me because I failed to believe the bible. But i don't believe in your heaven and hell anyway so not important.
There are hypocrites in EVERY aspect of life yet you chose to single out Christians. ALL THE TIME. You chose to pick out the bad instead of the good, you chose to find the negative instead of the positive. That is a sad way to live. I am very aware that there are many people who do not make the right choices in life yet call themselves religious I unlike you chose to focus on those that help others. Because like it or not religions help more people then any other institute and that is what you should be focusing on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies