Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 12:37 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
way to take one sentence out of an entire response. grow up

No just calling you out and you don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
People without faith, or "non-religious" as the secular world would say, can do a lot of "good" in their neighborhoods, their communities, their country. However, the reason they do good is to make themselves feel good. It feeds their egos, but does nothing for their spiritual condition.

People of true faith do good because they become instruments of God on this earth and they are allowing God to work through them to do HIS will, not their own.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:35 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
And you have ZERO proof that He does not. I have not called gays sinners. I personally do believe that they are born gay, I was simply giving you so things to think about but it is very obvious that you are NOT open minded enough to even attempt to see anyones POV other then yours.

And you have no "proof" that 3 headed fire breathing dragons riding unicycles don't exist...You can't really prove something is non-existant.....I am glad you believe science. My point is that if people are born gay than how are they sinners?? If you don't believe they are then you are not part of the "many christian conservatives" (much different from all christians) i was referring to in the question and therefore there is no need for you to defend yourself. I assume you think I am not open minded because I disagree with you. I am quite open to hearing any and all relevant arguments, however those that deny science I find to be irrelevant.

Quote:
Who is scared? When did I ever say I was scared. I simply asked you a question and now I am scared. Nice try but no.
Why do you take it so personally? I was not referring to you as an individual but a general comment towards people.

Lots of people are clearly scared of anyone different from them. Its quite evident in racism, sexism etc. Not saying you are any of those. I think it stems from the fear of god stance but thats just my opinion.

Quote:
Great that is good for you. I never said you could not do good things I was explaining how no one is worthy of Heaven it is only because of God's grace and mercy that we might make it there. God does not want anything but your love and trust in Him. And if you do those things you will be a good person and make the right choices.
I find quite hypocritical but I already addressed it. This stance puts people like Gandhi out of heaven

Quote:
Why don't you praise the good instead of focaing on the bad?

Funny because Churches feed more homeless then any other organization.

I do praise the good that people do but does that mean I can't point out hypocrisy??

Not sure where you get your info on the homeless from? can you source that? But even if thats true they should be. Christian churches are the largest tax exempt group in the country. I would also argue hypocrisy when they build huge churches with gold, marble etc... they certainly have not ended hunger and would not that be a more christ like thing to do?? you don't need fancy churches to worship in. Also why is it nuns take poverty vows while priests live in huge houses paid for by the church and wear gold jewelry and drive nice cars?

Quote:
There are hypocrites in EVERY aspect of life yet you chose to single out Christians. ALL THE TIME. You chose to pick out the bad instead of the good, you chose to find the negative instead of the positive. That is a sad way to live. I am very aware that there are many people who do not make the right choices in life yet call themselves religious I unlike you chose to focus on those that help others. Because like it or not religions help more people then any other institute and that is what you should be focusing on.

never said there wasn't...............because if organizations with power are allowed to spread fear and hate they must be called on it not ignored. Again saying more than any other is very broad and relative.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
No just calling you out and you don't like it.

you completely ignored the context of it. the same thing you yell about when people quote single passages from the bible.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
People without faith, or "non-religious" as the secular world would say, can do a lot of "good" in their neighborhoods, their communities, their country. However, the reason they do good is to make themselves feel good. It feeds their egos, but does nothing for their spiritual condition.

People of true faith do good because they become instruments of God on this earth and they are allowing God to work through them to do HIS will, not their own.

yes all good non-religious people are ego maniacs. Very ironic since I could turn that around and say helping others to obtain heaven is quite selfish...

People go to africa to help starving disease ridden countries to feed their ego

Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Very ironic since I could turn that around and say helping others to obtain heaven is quite selfish...
I'm putting you on ignore, as you either don't read the responses carefully, don't understand them, or have a closed mind. If you think that helping others will obtain heaven for anyone, then you simply do not understand what salvation means. It has been repeatedly explained by several posters: one cannot EARN one's way into heaven. To think that is to not understand Christianity.

Excuse me, my sandals need dusting off and I must be on my way.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'm putting you on ignore, as you either don't read the responses carefully, don't understand them, or have a closed mind. If you think that helping others will obtain heaven for anyone, then you simply do not understand what salvation means. It has been repeatedly explained by several posters: one cannot EARN one's way into heaven. To think that is to not understand Christianity.

Excuse me, my sandals need dusting off and I must be on my way.

i know all you need to do is accept easily covers all hypocritical behavior.

at least if you ignore me i won't have to read your foolish responses

Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
you completely ignored the context of it. the same thing you yell about when people quote single passages from the bible.

Nope never did that you must have me confused with another poster.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times
Quote:
ummmm I didn't put anything in your mouth.......and a 2 week old group of cells does not have a heartbeat.

and yes keep saying global warming is a fantasy while you destroy the planet with selfish behaviors. What exactly would it justify anway??? oh maybe doing whats right vs wrong for all the species on earth.

Can you not believe it because the bible hasn't told you too? Whats so hard to believe about it? It is visually evident to the naked eye from simply looking at pictures. But I guess the planet was put here for us to use up at our own discretion right? talk about narcissistic
So your saying only two week old cells are in question for abortions? See how you cherry pick to make your arguements/ I will say the teachers teach you well.
Did you read the MSN article yesterday headlined, Ice age approachin? hmmmm. You see you can read anything you want from an expert in this modern age. It really comes down to a situation that is much like religion. You believe in the most persuasive representation and wahlah you have your own religion. In your cas, the religion is the great global warming god as hypothesized by it's deciple, Al Gore. I wonder if Jesus wants a do ver to get his billion dollars. You could feed a lot of poor and do a lot of good for a billion dollars. Reckon ole Al is sharing much of that billion. Nope, he is jet setting around polluting th eair more with one flight than you will do in a lifetime and living an exhorbitant lifestyle that will consume more energy thatn you and me and 10,000 more just like us will consume in a lifetime. Son you are being duped.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Nope never did that you must have me confused with another poster.

This was my response to which you chose to use the very last sentence of alone. You do understand what context means correct?

Quote:
Its not about what I feel it's about what science has shown. So if you argue gravity, centrifugal force, laws of physics shall that be ok too and not considered ignorant?

this is such a indoctrinated way of viewing the world. It's more about believing than doing good? Yeah makes sense. I forgot that christians believe we are born as inherently bad people and need god to fix us.

I cant even continue to fight this because it is such obvious mind control it is not even funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies