Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,567 times

Advertisements

I thought I would add some more stuff, anyway this thread seems to have hit a dead end and so I shouldn't be inconveniencing anyone. I do not know the guy or girl who asked the question. Obviously, the person is either a liberal christian or something outside of christianity altogether. Chrisianity seems to be all about love-that is the two great commandments. So when someone asks a question like they did, they are attempting to discredit the movement because, obviously, it has very little love (I would caution everyone, since some of this blog is related to philosophy to get some read up on how reality is interpreted by the mind; you might gain some humility). The liberal side of christianity is an over compensation in opposition to the intellectual side; therefore, all its affiliation to "works" of "love" (this is a big question mark if one can call what the liberal church does as love) at the expense of doctrine (I am not letting the conservatives off, because what passes for conservative or even fundamentalism today is really the high end of liberalism and indeed, it helps to make possible the liberal movement). The questioner wants to imply that since christians hate, the movement is false because christians violate the two great commandments (at least the part that the questioner disdains) and evidently, the questioner implies that he/she loves; therefore, the questioner is righteous (of course, the right side of the movement holds to the doctrine that there is none righteous), either as outside christianity or as a liberal member. Well here is a revelation for some of you self righteous people: christians have mothers and fathers, bleed when you cut them, and many have failure lives-they are human after all and as such they can hate as well as love. Atheism, as a philosophy, is associated (wrongly, of course) with humanism, am I to assume there are no hypocrites in that movement? They don't hate? I went to a liberal Methodist seminary for a while, accidentally slip and use the pronoun "he" for god and watch the feminist's faces redden up, its a real laugh! They never hate? Christianity, in it essence, is not affected by defective christians, not in the least. Christianity is not a host for a human virus, which can make it week or sick. It is basically one guy, the christ, everyone else is a hanger on as everyone else has been rejected a long time ago. If that guy-the christ-goes bad then christianity will go bad, just as if that guy did not rise from the dead no one gets to. Deep inside, if you are human, you hate everyone else (you might love some too but the love is always mixed with the hate; you are never righteous, never)-it is doctrinal, at the fall, where man (and broads) are pitted against each other and their environment (of course if you don't believe any of this because you are antichrist, well never mind and good luck). Go ahead, be brave, and let your feelings out, that is what modern chrisianity, since the liberal Schleiermacher, is supposed to be all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
my generation huh...forgot you know me.

who ever said all these modern amenities are good for us? things that poison us, cause cancer???

why dont you read some history about cultures that respected the earth, you might learn something.

and by the way can you show me some scientists who say humans are not causing problems with the planet????? real scientists
There are plenty of real scientists that present credentials satisfactory to their counters as far as I am concerned, no problem. I don't believe everything I read and you will admit the recent revelation of scams designed to prove their point and put cash in their own pockets, that is what it is mostly about. Science is not made of preconceived hypothesis with tests designed to prove the hypothesis at whatever stretch. That is junk science.

Yes, lots of things cause cancer and poison us. nonetheless the cave man probably never saw 40 years of age so I don't want to go back there. The american indians they smoked dope and tobacco and wore animal skins, nice place to visit maybe, but I wouldn;t want to live there

Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??

Your original premise is untrue, unless of course you have any evidence to back it up you should retract such libel.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM

433 posts, read 261,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
I thought I would add some more stuff, anyway this thread seems to have hit a dead end and so I shouldn't be inconveniencing anyone. I do not know the guy or girl who asked the question. Obviously, the person is either a liberal christian or something outside of christianity altogether. Chrisianity seems to be all about love-that is the two great commandments. So when someone asks a question like they did, they are attempting to discredit the movement because, obviously, it has very little love (I would caution everyone, since some of this blog is related to philosophy to get some read up on how reality is interpreted by the mind; you might gain some humility). The liberal side of christianity is an over compensation in opposition to the intellectual side; therefore, all its affiliation to "works" of "love" (this is a big question mark if one can call what the liberal church does as love) at the expense of doctrine (I am not letting the conservatives off, because what passes for conservative or even fundamentalism today is really the high end of liberalism and indeed, it helps to make possible the liberal movement). The questioner wants to imply that since christians hate, the movement is false because christians violate the two great commandments (at least the part that the questioner disdains) and evidently, the questioner implies that he/she loves; therefore, the questioner is righteous (of course, the right side of the movement holds to the doctrine that there is none righteous), either as outside christianity or as a liberal member. Well here is a revelation for some of you self righteous people: christians have mothers and fathers, bleed when you cut them, and many have failure lives-they are human after all and as such they can hate as well as love. Atheism, as a philosophy, is associated (wrongly, of course) with humanism, am I to assume there are no hypocrites in that movement? They don't hate? I went to a liberal Methodist seminary for a while, accidentally slip and use the pronoun "he" for god and watch the feminist's faces redden up, its a real laugh! They never hate? Christianity, in it essence, is not affected by defective christians, not in the least. Christianity is not a host for a human virus, which can make it week or sick. It is basically one guy, the christ, everyone else is a hanger on as everyone else has been rejected a long time ago. If that guy-the christ-goes bad then christianity will go bad, just as if that guy did not rise from the dead no one gets to. Deep inside, if you are human, you hate everyone else (you might love some too but the love is always mixed with the hate; you are never righteous, never)-it is doctrinal, at the fall, where man (and broads) are pitted against each other and their environment (of course if you don't believe any of this because you are antichrist, well never mind and good luck). Go ahead, be brave, and let your feelings out, that is what modern chrisianity, since the liberal Schleiermacher, is supposed to be all about.
It is quite hard to read all of that just running together like t does. I think his point was that you seem very angry at the world. Saying that all humans hate everyone is quite angry.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
There are plenty of real scientists that present credentials satisfactory to their counters as far as I am concerned, no problem. I don't believe everything I read and you will admit the recent revelation of scams designed to prove their point and put cash in their own pockets, that is what it is mostly about. Science is not made of preconceived hypothesis with tests designed to prove the hypothesis at whatever stretch. That is junk science.

Yes, lots of things cause cancer and poison us. nonetheless the cave man probably never saw 40 years of age so I don't want to go back there. The american indians they smoked dope and tobacco and wore animal skins, nice place to visit maybe, but I wouldn;t want to live there

I know I am really late on this thread but with all do respect the whole climategate issue, even if it is 100% true, only addresses a very small portion of scientists and scientific studies. The statements being made that this completely blows global warming away is ridiculous. In no possible way do emails between a few scientists discredit the entire scientific community.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Your original premise is untrue, unless of course you have any evidence to back it up you should retract such libel.

Having read the majority of this thread the OP has repeatedly provide support for his stance and has also clarified that he was referring to a group of christians, specifically fundamentalists, not the entire religion.

I read it just thougt maybe you should too.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,567 times
Hate as a human trait is embedded in the doctrine of the fall, course one doesn't need a bible to figure that out (that it is a human trait {sorta like Kierkegaard's concept of "despair," it is embedded in the human soul/spirit-most don't realize it at all}). Yes I am pretty angry (you see a reason why I shouldn't be? Want to hear about the christians I hired? How about......well enough, maybe everyone could send me some cash for therapy!) and yet I find everything so amusing-my wife actually thinks I am a funny guy (haha). I know it is run together. Sometimes if one bothers to read something of substance (not mine mind you-I do it for fun) one finds that a paragraph can go on for quite a ways-try Hegel or Karl Barth (Barth is the worst but worth it all)-, as well as a sentence, let alone a parenthesis (these I really like, in my master's thesis I tried to use at least 2 parentheses inside of one{really makes it hard to follow}). Usually, stuff is dumbed down into simplistic sentences (see Joe run, run, run, run), must be a sign of the times and the lack of patience by the reader. I follow Nietzsche's advise on punctuation and such; the author owns it so the author is in charge of how he/she wants what he/she wrote to be read (I paraphrase here). If its too difficult to read, don't trouble yourself, I would hate to cause someone to labor.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.

So why??
I read a lot of the thread not all of it. Most of it is like taking a vacation with a moron on a playground merry go round. The supposition is well supported regards a considerable knowledge of the poor, outcasts, lepers and whores.

Christians don't hate gays. I believe they feel sorry for them that the behavior is recognized as an abomination. In my opinion, it was then and is now. The American Psychiatric Association has the power to confer otherwise on it's beliefs and no one elses. Talk about junk science!

This is a soverign country and anyone that enters it illegally with the intent to stay and suck off it ssocial resources is a criminal

It is the leftist political movement in this country that hasdestroyed opportunity for blacks where that destruction exists. It has kept them non motivated and without the recourse of education. Why is it that you think blacks that do very well are generally Christian conservatives? Give that some thought it will help you along.

I suspect you get a lot of places late.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Hate as a human trait is embedded in the doctrine of the fall, course one doesn't need a bible to figure that out (that it is a human trait {sorta like Kierkegaard's concept of "despair," it is embedded in the human soul/spirit-most don't realize it at all}). Yes I am pretty angry (you see a reason why I shouldn't be? Want to hear about the christians I hired? How about......well enough, maybe everyone could send me some cash for therapy!) and yet I find everything so amusing-my wife actually thinks I am a funny guy (haha). I know it is run together. Sometimes if one bothers to read something of substance (not mine mind you-I do it for fun) one finds that a paragraph can go on for quite a ways-try Hegel or Karl Barth (Barth is the worst but worth it all)-, as well as a sentence, let alone a parenthesis (these I really like, in my master's thesis I tried to use at least 2 parentheses inside of one{really makes it hard to follow}). Usually, stuff is dumbed down into simplistic sentences (see Joe run, run, run, run), must be a sign of the times and the lack of patience by the reader. I follow Nietzsche's advise on punctuation and such; the author owns it so the author is in charge of how he/she wants what he/she wrote to be read (I paraphrase here). If its too difficult to read, don't trouble yourself, I would hate to cause someone to labor.
I just wrote a considerable well thought out response to this which was conveniently timed out by the overseers. I think the owners of the forum are not in concert with the notion but I think we have loosed upon us some that will censor in accordance with their will.
Anyways your point on the "author owns it" are wel taken with Montaigne, the father of the essay and later plagiarized by Thoreau. Your writing are fine if a bit labored. You would best correct that by using some paragraphs. It is not the content or syntax that is bothersome but the labor of reading ithout a visual break.

Anyone familiar with my writings would deem me a hypocrite for those observations

Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.

So why??

I know many illegal immigrants 90 percent are christians they dont hate them selve.but they do think gay lifestyle is immoral.there are many african americans who are christian and they also think gay life style is immoral Christ love everyone but he also said to the ***** go and sin no more. african americans and illegal immigrants who are christians,being gay is not a minority at all.to them it is a sin. so please as a son of an illegal christian immigrant dont,dont group me together with gays we have nothing incomon

Last edited by gysmo; 12-06-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies