Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

Other than remaining stuck in the Pipelineistan debacle in Iraq and Afghanistan President Obama has made excellent progress in the area of economic recovery. I expect the economy to recover enough by mid 2011 to assure a victory. I also expect the Republicans to help by nominating a very right wing pseudo conservative as the extreme right purges the moderates in the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Obamas biggest problem is, that he has absolutely no experience as anything but being a very, very good salesman. He has no experience running a business, or much of anything else. Running America is just like running a business.

There is one guy that could debate him and win hands down. The problem with him is, his stature makes him look weak. That would be Ron Paul. The guy has a very well thought out answer to the cause and effect scenarios, of the economy and the global atmosphere.

None of that speculative, "we are going to do this and we are going to do that". He tells you how and why, not generalizations of his wish list.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I find it hard to believe! Especially, if the economy is still in shambles by then but I have heard some radical Leftists say that they will vote for Obama in 2012, no matter what! I can't understand the mind of these people BUT, do you think he may be reelected?
100% NO....if he will be elected again, which I doubt...I might even move back to Europe!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yet we have 10.2% unemployment

The president warning of a double dip recession

Home sells should be up taxpayers is funding that

Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obamas biggest problem is, that he has absolutely no experience as anything but being a very, very good salesman. He has no experience running a business, or much of anything else. Running America is just like running a business.

There is one guy that could debate him and win hands down. The problem with him is, his stature makes him look weak. That would be Ron Paul. The guy has a very well thought out answer to the cause and effect scenarios, of the economy and the global atmosphere.

None of that speculative, "we are going to do this and we are going to do that". He tells you how and why, not generalizations of his wish list.
The bad thing with a good sales man as you describe is that the complains are over whelming if the sales man like Obama is just selling crap and hot air...that is how a business man will be out of business in no time...

I rather deal with a sales man who is less in selling but what he sell's is worth it!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Obama has made excellent progress in the area of economic recovery.

Your a funny guy!

The capitalist free market has got us back where we are now.
The dollar tanked, and real time unemployment nearing 20%, we are going to need to pull out of "the Global Market" and totally eliminate the illegal alien invasion.
Time for the good `ol USA to become very selfish!!!

The stimulus, was nothing but payoffs and sweetheart deals. It did absolutely NOTHING to stimulate America.
The healthcare deal is nothing about what Americans were complaining about. It is the cost, not the supply line, that was and is the issue. They have done nothing to reduce the cost, they have actually raised it.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:49 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
It all depends on the economy IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The bad thing with a good sales man as you describe is that the complains are over whelming if the sales man like Obama is just selling crap and hot air...that is how a business man will be out of business in no time...

I rather deal with a sales man who is less in selling but what he sell's is worth it!

The bad thing about a good salesman is, they will tell you what you want to hear. They never tell the WHOLE truth, just enough to sell you something you do not need and/or sell you something you cannot possibly afford.
Expectations are seldom met. When the truth is found out, it is way too late.

Sound familiar?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 AM

153 posts, read 238,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
I don't know if the dems or the reps will win the next election, but I highly doubt that Obama or Palin have a chance of winning.

Palin has more personality, but doesn't have experience. Obama doesn't have experience and IMO is not doing a good enough job. The people are going to want proven leadership and neither of these potential canidates have what it takes.

Obama has neither personality or experience. He is an empty suit controlled by puppet strings.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:58 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Some of you just seem to think its the economy.

You all are forgetting other factors
-People are sick getting sick of politicans lying to them just to get elected
-The debt is a huge concern for many and I doubt that Obama is going to get that down enough to ease anyones concerns by 2012
-People wanted real change as in politicans remembering who they work for and we arent getting that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies