Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

Anyone think he won't pull the troops out because of the economy? Lots of people are employed in a war economy. It's not just military, either. End the war and not only do all of those people come home from overseas to face unemployment but an awful lot of people working on government contracts would be laid off. Businesses could go under. It could be really ugly, domestically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Obama will probably announce a big troop withdrawal a month or so before next year's midterm elections, ensuring continued GOP disappointment.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In their most recent poll about Afghanistan, Rasmussen has determined why he continues to dither. Why he leaves the troops there wondering if they will ever get the help that their commanding general asked for nearly 4 months ago so they can win.

Even all you liberal thinkers can accept this as the very reason Obama continues to dither about this. I bet he says nothing after tonight's big meeting with his defense wheels.

Anyway, if you read this one you will learn something that you can learn only from Rasmussen. I dare you to read it.

Voters Now Closely Divided On U.S. Chances for Victory in Afghanistan - Rasmussen Reports™

Can there be an easier way to wiggle out of helping the troops and their general? What could it be?
Just one more promise/commitment broken. He did say that Afghanistan is important. At least, it was when he was campaigning. Now that he's elected...there may be other things that are more important in his mind.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Our loan sharks will not loan him any more money.
He is going to bluff his way through it, to disaster.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Our loan sharks will not loan him any more money.
He is going to bluff his way through it, to disaster.

That scenario sounds familiar.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/skoro52/bush_e_bozo_2.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
That scenario sounds familiar.

Why yes, it really does!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Stay the course!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 PM

Now we got that out of the way, what do we do now?
Now that I have thought about it like your suggesting he do more of, and seen where and what the rushed stimulus package and the pushed healthcare, that does absolutely nothing to reduce cost, only increasing it, maybe he should take a couple of more months, if not years to make a decision.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:57 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Anyone think he won't pull the troops out because of the economy? Lots of people are employed in a war economy. It's not just military, either. End the war and not only do all of those people come home from overseas to face unemployment but an awful lot of people working on government contracts would be laid off. Businesses could go under. It could be really ugly, domestically.
i would hate to think that obama couldn't make a tough choice. we could always keep the soldiers employed guarding our OWN borders and we could certainly generate more jobs with the money saved by not fighting overseas. i am sure that it is much more costly to go fight a war around the world than at home just for logistical reasons.

if he sends more troops over, the peace prize committee should be totally embarrassed! i wonder if any other "peace" prizes have been awarded to men who escalate war action and, if so, what is the point of a peace prize anyhow.....

Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In their most recent poll about Afghanistan, Rasmussen has determined why he continues to dither. Why he leaves the troops there wondering if they will ever get the help that their commanding general asked for nearly 4 months ago so they can win.

Even all you liberal thinkers can accept this as the very reason Obama continues to dither about this. I bet he says nothing after tonight's big meeting with his defense wheels.

Anyway, if you read this one you will learn something that you can learn only from Rasmussen. I dare you to read it.

Voters Now Closely Divided On U.S. Chances for Victory in Afghanistan - Rasmussen Reports™

Can there be an easier way to wiggle out of helping the troops and their general? What could it be?
I see you still think Rasmussen is a source of factual information, my my my. Now don't go off whining that I failed to respond to their speculations, and that is all they are, the difference is I see it for what it is and you think it is fact and run with it. Sorry, but to address their slanted specualtions would give it credabilty and I do not believe the op'ed warrants that. Besides, Rasumussen is not a member here, now if you have some real ideas of your own to post I would be happy to read them and maybe even discuss them, just leave the cut and paste behind.
OH,
Happy Thanksgiving
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies