Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see you still think Rasmussen is a source of factual information, my my my. Now don't go off whining that I failed to respond to their speculations, and that is all they are, the difference is I see it for what it is and you think it is fact and run with it. Sorry, but to address their slanted specualtions would give it credabilty and I do not believe the op'ed warrants that. Besides, Rasumussen is not a member here, now if you have some real ideas of your own to post I would be happy to read them and maybe even discuss them, just leave the cut and paste behind.
OH,
Happy Thanksgiving
Casper
It's funny how the left uses Rasmussen when it suits their purposes, and only then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's funny how the left uses Rasmussen when it suits their purposes, and only then.
I never use Rasmussen for anything, they wear their bias on their sleeve, hence they are an unreliable source of anything.
Casper

Old 11-25-2009, 10:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I never use Rasmussen for anything, they wear their bias on their sleeve, hence they are an unreliable source of anything.
Casper
I tried that tack a long time ago and the left jumped all over me.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
The Obama Administration and the Karzai Administration do not trust each other. I think that's the big hang up. An increase in troops will indirectly (ok, directly) prop up an obviously corrupt government. There will be money and troops devoted to training the security troops of a narco-regime whose members supply drugs to the street corners of this country.

But the alternative is a narco-regime whose members supply drugs to the street corners of this country. Also, it harbored a terrorist group that killed thousands of our citizens, and is determined to kill more.

...a rock and a hard place...

Eight years ago, all I wanted was bin Laden in a noose. I didn't want 4000 dead soldiers, hundreds of billions of dollars of military maneuvering, and two foreign states on our welfare rolls.

Geez, what a decade of tragic mismanagement!

Last edited by geofra; 11-25-2009 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: Clean up a sentence

Old 12-07-2009, 05:17 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
it certainly is obvious that somebody is mad about the taliban disrupting the heroin market.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i would hate to think that obama couldn't make a tough choice. we could always keep the soldiers employed guarding our OWN borders and we could certainly generate more jobs with the money saved by not fighting overseas. i am sure that it is much more costly to go fight a war around the world than at home just for logistical reasons.
Yes, but what I said is they aren't all soldiers. People in private industry make jeeps, tank parts, weapons, drones, meals, uniforms, etc. in this country and other people work in those same places as salesmen, PR people, secretaries, quality control, janitors and mail clerks. And small restaurants and stores near those places depend on those people as customers. If the war ends, and the war industry goes down, it would take a big toll on the economy and unemployment would skyrocket. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying there's more to the Obama decision than the war itself and everyone who wants him to pull out immediately hasn't really thought through what it would mean at home.

I'm guessing the President has considered it. Whether he's thought about it in terms of being the right thing to do, or not, he has surely considered the ramifications to the economy and/or his chances of re-election because of the economy. I was pretty much against him announcing a timetable for withdrawal because it just lets the enemy take a vacation before coming back but his announcement should also be HEARD by people in the war industry in the US that now might be a good time to think about diversifying so you don't go under when he starts pulling the troops out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies