Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
A convenient sentiment now that your boy is in office...

The LAST time I cared what a 21 or 22 thought about politically or otherwise, was, .....never.

Graduate from college, get a job, get married, have a kid or two or three and THEN you might have something to say that is worth listening to....when you see you hard earned money given away to those who "don't wanna".

But seriously, given your age, why aren't you out and about?
You are asking me questions and then saying you never care about what people my age think. You tell me to do those things and THEN think my opinion is something worth listening too? What I have to say must matter because....thank goodness I can vote.

I am going through college. I have a job. I see the taxes taken out. It sucks but I have services. I have officers that have come when I called 911. I have had public school teachers. I drive on nice roads and I don't mind helping people who TRULY need it. NEVER want to have children. No thank you. Will get married though.

Given my age, why am I not out and about? What do you mean by that? Like why am I not partying and on this forum?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:

The LAST time I cared what a 21 or 22 thought about politically or otherwise, was, .....never.

Graduate from college, get a job, get married, have a kid or two or three and THEN you might have something to say that is worth listening to....when you see you hard earned money given away to those who "don't wanna".

But seriously, given your age, why aren't you out and about?
Interesting...I wonder what you'd be saying if that poster were a conservative...different tune you'd be singing, right? The reason liberalvoice isn't out & about is because she's in school...that's her job right now. And you might want to care about what the younger generation is saying, you might want to care a hell of a lot because they are the ones who are coming into power & having a say in things. I know, it sucks when you see your age group losing steam. And for the record, I went to school....and got a job...but I didn't get married or have kids, but all of my friends who got married & had kids still have the same views they had when they were young & single. I know that may completely knock you off your butt, but it's true. It's convenient to think that as long as someone is school they don't know what the heck they're talking about politically, isn't it?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:

Twenty-one year olds will be running the country some day. It's admirable that this OP is taking a serious interest in politics. Many kids her age only care about the bar scene. You may not agree with her points of view but that doesn't mean they aren't valid and well thought-out.

I'm old enough to be her great-grandmother and I've been working and paying taxes since I was 16. But I suppose I'll be too old for my opinion to count.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-24-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Twenty-one year olds will be running the country some day. It's admirable that this OP is taking a serious interest in politics. Many kids her age only care about the bar scene. You may not agree with her points of view but that doesn't mean they aren't valid and well thought-out.

I'm old enough to be her great-grandmother and I've been working and paying taxes since I was 16. But I suppose I'll be too old for my opinion to count.
Thank you.

All my friends know I am very political. I am known for it. I get comments like "Damn girl....didn't know you were so into politics!"

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would rather people be my age and be Republican versus people who don't care at all. You know?

I personally think it is SAD that people my age only care about having sex and going to the bar. Motivation in my age group is very low and that is sad. Our high school drop out rate is over 50 percent! Why is HALF of our youth dropping out? We have to care about this country AND the future. We will be the ones who suffer if the generation before us messes it up.

You're not too old for your opinion to count.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
look huny...you are not her teacher, you are not her mother & i dont think she wants your advice either so just let it go. you're just repeating yourself over & over again trying to boost up your own ego by rubbin it in her face that she said something bad about someone.

you're not perfect & i'm pretty sure you clean your house with windex too.
Look dolly, it doesn't matter what you think, although the OP is looking for spiritual guidance and I just gave her a little on her long journey. Namely, remember what you've said in the past, glass houses and judgment.

My ego needs no boosting. One of the reasons why it continues to be rubbed is people like you, butting in from the peanut gallery, which of course I will respond to.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
One thing has been made crystal clear in this thread. Age is not the same as wisdom. The OP has the wisdom to admit mistakes and therefore she has the capacity for growth and gaining of wisdom. You never admit you are wrong, even when it has been proven to you that you are wrong, and you are so full of bitterness and rage that you not only need to vent on the President...you now must vent on a young woman whose maturity makes you look small indeed.
Now, wouldn't it have been really impressive and replete with wisdom if she had admitted the mistake before I pointed it out to her?

Wouldn't it has been wise to NOT start a thread, bi*ching about another poster's comment, when she had made the exact same comment in the recent past?

Now that would have been wise BEYOND her years.

See my above post to dolly regarding the continuation of the comments.

Bitterness and rage? Get real. I don't think in all my time here have I ever wished a president death by hanging. Now, that IS rage, wouldn't you say?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
OMG your friends actually call you "girl". lol ...that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Thank you.

All my friends know I am very political. I am known for it. I get comments like "Damn girl....didn't know you were so into politics!"

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would rather people be my age and be Republican versus people who don't care at all. You know?

I personally think it is SAD that people my age only care about having sex and going to the bar. Motivation in my age group is very low and that is sad. Our high school drop out rate is over 50 percent! Why is HALF of our youth dropping out? We have to care about this country AND the future. We will be the ones who suffer if the generation before us messes it up.

You're not too old for your opinion to count.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Geeeee, now WHERE did I get the idea that god said that he would judge people?........that is his job, NOT YOURS. Yet, there you go, judging Obama to be "evil."
That kind of judgement, whether a person is good or evil, is ours to make, and we should make it. Or are you going to tell me that I cannot judge whether the 9/11 terrorists are evil?

Why don't you do some Bible study before trying to comment on such things. People like you usually get it wrong, because of your ignorance of the Word.

Quote:
Guess I'm going to have to google that little thing about God thinking that only he/she has the right to judge people.
You just displayed your ignorance of God in this paragraph. God is not a "he" or a "she". God is God. Period. God is not a man (except when he appeared as man at various times and places — called a "theophany" — and of course when he came in the person of Jesus Christ).

Quote:
However, since I'm not a Christian
This is obvious, and it's why you shouldn't be commenting on Biblical questions; you are not qualified, and you do not understand, know, or accept the Word of God.
Quote:
, I guess it's okay for me to judge you as evil?
Well, some people have called George Bush and even Sarah Palin "evil". But you would be wrong. I don't think you even know what evil is. To you, it's just a word for someone whose opinion you do not like, and you deam as "hateful", which is another word the left uses far too loosely.
Quote:
Your posts are sooooooo strident, and so "black and white"......you seem to believe that you are so superior that you can actually judge Obama to be "evil." Amazing.
Strident? Really? I'm sorry you think so. I try to be honest and I try not to be harsh. But some things are "black and white". The problem with the "left" is that they cannot deal with reality, and truth. Anyone who speaks the truth, to them, is "strident", I suppose.

The truth is that there is evil in the world. The sooner the "left" realizes it, the better off all of us will be. We currently have an occupant in the White House who does not see evil in the world. That is why he doesn't see the grave danger to our country by trying someone like KSM in a a civil court in New York and conferring upon him the full rights of a citizen of this country. This is just plain foolish, and puts our country's security at risk.

Obama ought to be impeached and removed from office on those grounds alone, as he has thus violated his Oath of Office.

But to you, I suppose KSM is not evil, and not a threat, right?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
After reading some posts on this forum, I truly worry about the safety of our president.

I hope he receives wisdom and guidance. I send him and his family well wishes and sincerely hope that he is protected from the scum who wish cancer on him (on the forum today) and death upon him as well.

I don't understand the hate from the right. I can understand not agreeing with him but why wish death upon him? He has two daughters and a wife. What would his children and wife go through?

I would never wish death upon McCain/Bush/Palin. The liberals and who did wish that upon them were WRONG. And the conservatives who are saying this now are WRONG.

Please free to send your well wishes or prayers to our President.

If you are a hater or a person who wants President Obama dead, please refrain from posting.

I would never wish death upon anyone, except our enemies. I certainly do not agree with Obama and think that his policies will fail and damage the nation. Do I wish him illness or death? Of course not! I just want him out of office so that someone competent can step in and get us headed in the right direction- reduced spending.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Holy crap. How is it that you guys only find these posts? Have you NOT read my posts defending Palin? Yeah, that may be a start for you.

You are unbelievable as well. You have no bias right? At least I am wishing the best for Obama and Palin. You only wish the best for people on YOUR side.

And you are really drawing me closer to God. Thank you. And yes. I have a copy of the Bible and read through the parts which are supposed to help me understand.

Wow. No bias at all. Very Christian of you. How do you know Obama is evil?
I look at who he is, who he associates with, what he says, and what he is doing. That's how I know. He associates with evil(Bill Ayers, ACORN, Van Jones and many others like them—by his own admission), he has listened to evil (Jeremiah Wright and others). He is doing evil to this country, and he is doing it on purpose.
Quote:

Can the same not be sad for many if not all the presidents in the past?

In all honesty?
For some, yes. Others have been just plain stupid, like Jimmy Carter for example.
Quote:

God Bless President Obama.
Sorry. It isn't going to happen. Obama has a different boss. Obama's boss is the enemy of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies