Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, that was ugly. There is nothing wrong in praying for our leaders. Christians who were strictly opposed to Bush's policies still prayed for his safetly and that God would grant him wisdom, so why would they stop now that Obama is president even if they were opposed to his policies?
This isn't Praying!!!! This is making a mockery of praying in a foul and disgraceful manner. Open eyes, read, THEN comment.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
This isn't Praying!!!! This is making a mockery of praying in a foul and disgraceful manner. Open eyes, read, THEN comment.
I do not agree. If you don't want to pray, then don't, but there is no need for ugly posts like the one made earlier.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I do not agree. If you don't want to pray, then don't, but there is no need for ugly posts like the one made earlier.
Praying is fine. One doesn't however, "pray" in a post on CD. It is a pathetic and grossly disrespectful sham.

And yes, there is a need for "ugly" responses such as mine in response to ugly, grossly offensive, and just plain "wrong" OP's such as we have here.

I am not here to score debate points, nor is this an exercise in Thespian activities. I am here to save America from a gross fate that awaits her at the hands of Obama, Reid, Pelosi, and the sycophants that pollute American politics in lock-step with the triad of destruction. If you think it is ugly, don't watch your sausage being made.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-11-2011 at 06:29 AM..

Old 09-10-2011, 04:33 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:

Ummm, this is a forum.
This is where people go to vent - ugly posts are part and parcel of the package.

Accepth that or take your Obama love fest somewhere else - basically all he is saying is he ain't buying it. He's just saying it very colorfully.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerstoneEagle04 View Post
What I want to know is, how on earth can someone ask God to bless a man whose pastor has publicly said "G-d damn America!"?
LMAO! WHAT in the WORLD got you to find this thread and bump it up?

Two years later.

Mmmm....theliberalvoice classic.

I wanna go bump up my other one too.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:29 PM

149 posts, read 467,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This thing is 2 years old, Cornerstone. What's up?
Although, it could have been this morning.
I know, but it just stuns me that this thread went in so many different directions when it could've been very simple and straightforward. By the time Jeremiah Wright entered the discussion, people were bantering about all kinds of ancillary things that had nothing to do with the original post.

So I thought I'd start it over and give it a fresh new beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theliberalvoice

Two years later.

For the above, and that it's just as relevant today as it was two years ago. Heck, when I'm old and gray it will still be relevant.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I'm sure O'Bama doesn't mean well.

I don't think he means anything.

Not a mean bone in his body.

He's a suited droid.
I take Obama at his word.

He wants to fundamentally change the United States of America.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I take Obama at his word.

He wants to fundamentally change the United States of America.
No Executive has the right to fundamentally change the US. His job is to carry out the will of Congress, and command the miltary. If anybody is going to fundamentally change America, it must come through the legislature, that represents the people.

It's like the difference between a Board of Directors, who sets the agenda, and the CEO, who carries it out.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Two years later.

I wonder about that too. However, I remember getting the idea that you certainly aren't Christian just from the title of your thread.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hmmm...The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Do you know how to read? Are you disabled? Do you have a hard time comprehending things? Did you even read the OP?

Just as I expected from the right.
If Obama was a fetus we could abort him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies