Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

[quote=cdne;11767787]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I hate to shatter your bubble, but I'm not the only one who believes what you consider "nonsense". Just try reading something other than the liberal talking points regarding this court fiasco, you'll certainly find other who voice many of the same concerns I mentioned. Your paltry examples pale in comparison to the thousands killed in the 9/11 attacks.

You can't answer the basic question that was asked: "why are these five being tried in a federal criminal court, and five more of their Gitmo brothers are being brought before military commissions?". It certainly appears to be a PR ploy,...one that will cost us millions in security alone. If one terrorist is judged by our civilian court system, why not ALL?

This administration is affording constitutional protection to terrorists who are not citizens/residents of the United States,...and weren't even apprehended on our soil. Please explain why they should be given the advantage of being judged in our civilian court system.

Next thing the left wing nuts will come up with the idea that we caused them to do this.

American will come out looking like the criminals here folks. Exactly what Obama has planned.

We wants total control of this or he would have made sure it was tried in a military court where it should be.

Wonder if the left wingers will apologize to Americans if this becomes a clown fest.

Whos fault will it be if they are found not guilty? Obamas?

Whos fault will it be is they get a mistrial?

Whos fault will it be if vital defense info is given out at this trial?

Whos fault will it be if something happens while this trial goes on?

Whos fault will it be if they ask for a change of venue?

Why should tax paying Americans pay for the defense of these killers when they already said they were guilty?

We will all be less safe before, during and after this mockery trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
You know Ovacatto, you may be right,....not many New Yorkers were affected by the 9/11 attacks. I'm certain that there are probably at least twelve in New York that never heard of the attack on the Twin Towers,...so seating them as a jury shouldn't be a problem.

Further, those who perpetrated the "man-made" disasters probably don't have any real enemies in New York (since only 3000 were murdered) so they should be able to walk into court without a thought as to their own safety. And goodness sakes,...there shouldn't be any muslim sympathizers wishing to disrupt the proceedings with car bombs or explosives underneath their clothing. Security should be cake-walk, just like you said.

Finally, I'm quite certain that there will be no issues regarding national security and the gathering of informantion that lead to the confinement of those on trial. If there should be some sensitive issues, surely the MSM will promise not to tell anyone, and the jurors will all be given the security clearances necessary to hear/view the material.

I'm glad to see this ball starting to roll, and look forward to a speedy trial within the next few years, where the accused has ample opportunity to tell their side of the story and justify their continued attacks on this country. I'm certain that a lot of those on the left are hoping for an acquittal of all five,...yourself exclude,..I'm sure.....

BTW, thanks for dodging the question about why certain Gitmo residents are given military trials and other given access to civilian courts. Quite enlightening.......

Old 11-24-2009, 10:34 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
[quote=Sunny-Days90;11768796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post

Next thing the left wing nuts will come up with the idea that we caused them to do this...
When you have something to discuss, that would give me the slightest impression that you are an intelligent adult with something worthy of an intelligent adult conversation, let me know. Until then....

Old 11-24-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
You know Ovacatto, you may be right,....not many New Yorkers were affected by the 9/11 attacks. I'm certain that there are probably at least twelve in New York that never heard of the attack on the Twin Towers,...so seating them as a jury shouldn't be a problem.
How many New Yorkers didn't hear, see, read or otherwise know of the 1994 bombing of the World Trade Center?

In voir dire the question isn't are you an ignorant oaf like some folks on C-D but can you put aside what you know and feel and listen to the evidence with an open mind and withhold judgement until that evidence has been presented. Most rational adults can do that.

Quote:
Further, those who perpetrated the "man-made" disasters probably don't have any real enemies in New York (since only 3000 were murdered) so they should be able to walk into court without a thought as to their own safety.
Is your argument that the this trial will test the U.S. Marshals, who have had to protect defendants who have turned against the Mob, Columbia Cartels will be tested by family of victims of the 9/11? Needless to say that you are a man with a drowning argument reaching for straws.

Quote:
And goodness sakes,...there shouldn't be any muslim sympathizers wishing to disrupt the proceedings with car bombs or explosives underneath their clothing. Security should be cake-walk, just like you said.
You have watched to many episodes of 24. Why on god's green earth wouldn't the same folks commit the same exact acts regardless where the trial was being held?

Quote:
Finally, I'm quite certain that there will be no issues regarding national security and the gathering of informantion that lead to the confinement of those on trial. If there should be some sensitive issues, surely the MSM will promise not to tell anyone, and the jurors will all be given the security clearances necessary to hear/view the material.
Good, now that you have briefed yourself on Federal Rules of Evidence and the ability of the government to declare certain evidence as state secrets, we don't have to revisit that issue.

Quote:
I'm glad to see this ball starting to roll, and look forward to a speedy trial within the next few years, where the accused has ample opportunity to tell their side of the story and justify their continued attacks on this country.
And as you know this very same opportunity is afforded these same defendants under the rules of military tribunal.

Quote:
I'm certain that a lot of those on the left are hoping for an acquittal of all five,...yourself exclude,..I'm sure...
I will respond to that with a private message.

Quote:
Quite enlightening.......
Enlightenment is precisely what you are in need of.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM

[quote=ovcatto;11769274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

When you have something to discuss, that would give me the slightest impression that you are an intelligent adult with something worthy of an intelligent adult conversation, let me know. Until then....
Likewise,...I'm sure.

I certainly enjoyed your aire self-professed superiority..........

Maybe conservatives can develop a new profitable business model and make a good income by buying liberals for what they are actually worth,...and selling them for what they think they are worth. Might be a thriving business venture.

Have a good Thanksgiving, and get stuffed....

Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:

I certainly enjoyed your aire self-professed superiority..........
Self-professed superiority requires a profession in the first place, something that I have not done, but seeing how you now need to resort to argumentum ad hominem, perhaps I need to rethink my having not done so.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Self-professed superiority requires a profession in the first place, something that I have not done, but seeing how you now need to resort to argumentum ad hominem, perhaps I need to rethink my having not done so.
....and some liberals just chase parked cars......

Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
[quote=Sunny-Days90;11768796]
Quote:

Next thing the left wing nuts will come up with the idea that we caused them to do this.

American will come out looking like the criminals here folks. Exactly what Obama has planned.

We wants total control of this or he would have made sure it was tried in a military court where it should be.

Wonder if the left wingers will apologize to Americans if this becomes a clown fest.

Whos fault will it be if they are found not guilty? Obamas?

Whos fault will it be is they get a mistrial?

Whos fault will it be if vital defense info is given out at this trial?

Whos fault will it be if something happens while this trial goes on?

Whos fault will it be if they ask for a change of venue?

Why should tax paying Americans pay for the defense of these killers when they already said they were guilty?

We will all be less safe before, during and after this mockery trial.
Your level of paranoia is stunning. Your lack of understanding of the court system is pathetic. And it's all wrapped up in irrational Obama hatred.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
How many New Yorkers didn't hear, see, read or otherwise know of the 1994 bombing of the World Trade Center?

In voir dire the question isn't are you an ignorant oaf like some folks on C-D but can you put aside what you know and feel and listen to the evidence with an open mind and withhold judgement until that evidence has been presented. Most rational adults can do that.

Is your argument that the this trial will test the U.S. Marshals, who have had to protect defendants who have turned against the Mob, Columbia Cartels will be tested by family of victims of the 9/11? Needless to say that you are a man with a drowning argument reaching for straws.

You have watched to many episodes of 24. Why on god's green earth wouldn't the same folks commit the same exact acts regardless where the trial was being held?

Good, now that you have briefed yourself on Federal Rules of Evidence and the ability of the government to declare certain evidence as state secrets, we don't have to revisit that issue.

And as you know this very same opportunity is afforded these same defendants under the rules of military tribunal.

I will respond to that with a private message.

Enlightenment is precisely what you are in need of.
Wish I could have said that. All of the above.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 AM

[quote=Austin13;11773939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Your level of paranoia is stunning. Your lack of understanding of the court system is pathetic. And it's all wrapped up in irrational Obama hatred.
....and your posting ability is lacking...

Please note who posted this........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies