Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,262,738 times

Advertisements

Let's put it this way.

Watch how this unfolds and we will surely see the real reason Obama decided to play the game this way.

Odd that the left seem to want to see them free while the right wants them to be tried and given what they deserve, the death penalty.

Why do the left wingers love the terrorist so much?

We all will probably be wrong, this trial will be a well ran machine and they will get a quick speedy trial and we will be done with it.

I think we all need to watch this closely and see what unfolds. My guess is none of us, either on the right, left or center will like what we see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:05 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,548,175 times
[quote=Sunny-Days90;11774213]
Quote:
Let's put it this way.

Watch how this unfolds and we will surely see the real reason Obama decided to play the game this way.

Quote:
Odd that the left seem to want to see them free while the right wants them to be tried and given what they deserve, the death penalty.
Uh. No. I am a liberal who does NOT want to see them free. What would you give you THAT idea? I think they do not even deserve to be tried but I understand it is the law of the land. We should give them what they deserve. And I agree with the death penalty.
Quote:
Why do the left wingers love the terrorist so much?

This is so freakin absurd that I do not even have words for it.
Quote:
We all will probably be wrong, this trial will be a well ran machine and they will get a quick speedy trial and we will be done with it.
I want them to have a quick and speedy trial so this can be put behind us and justice be served.

Quote:
I think we all need to watch this closely and see what unfolds. My guess is none of us, either on the right, left or center will like what we see.
We will have to wait and see but I agree that we must watch this closely and ensure that justice is served.

May I ask why you attempt to speak for all liberals and act like you know what all of us are thinking? Why assume we love terrorists?

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
[quote=Theliberalvoice;11774293]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Uh. No. I am a liberal who does NOT want to see them free. What would you give you THAT idea? I think they do not even deserve to be tried but I understand it is the law of the land. We should give them what they deserve. And I agree with the death penalty.

This is so freakin absurd that I do not even have words for it.

I want them to have a quick and speedy trial so this can be put behind us and justice be served.

We will have to wait and see but I agree that we must watch this closely and ensure that justice is served.

May I ask why you attempt to speak for all liberals and act like you know what all of us are thinking? Why assume we love terrorists?
Gloomy Days is not going to answer, know why, it because they have nothing to back up another one of their many wild accusations about the "evil left". Ever notice that Every prediction, Every accusation and Every assumption the far right makes turns out to be false. The good thing is if they are wrong every time, which they are, then with whatever they predict will happen the opposite is what will really happen. With that in mind you should be optomistic that the courts will do their job and justice will be served. Not to mention all their other wrong predictions, man the future is looking bright
Casper

Old 11-25-2009, 10:53 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,380,586 times
The lawyer's name translates as "window maker" from German.

ha!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:11 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,204,944 times
[quote=cdne;11774111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post

....and your posting ability is lacking...

Please note who posted this........
What are you talking about?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 PM

88,212 posts, read 84,094,155 times
How many New Yorkers didn't hear, see, read or otherwise know of the 1994 bombing of the World Trade Center?

February 26, 1993.

No other comments on the rest of your post. Carry on.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:50 PM

88,212 posts, read 84,094,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
You know Ovacatto, you may be right,....not many New Yorkers were affected by the 9/11 attacks. I'm certain that there are probably at least twelve in New York that never heard of the attack on the Twin Towers,...so seating them as a jury shouldn't be a problem.

Further, those who perpetrated the "man-made" disasters probably don't have any real enemies in New York (since only 3000 were murdered) so they should be able to walk into court without a thought as to their own safety. And goodness sakes,...there shouldn't be any muslim sympathizers wishing to disrupt the proceedings with car bombs or explosives underneath their clothing. Security should be cake-walk, just like you said.

Finally, I'm quite certain that there will be no issues regarding national security and the gathering of informantion that lead to the confinement of those on trial. If there should be some sensitive issues, surely the MSM will promise not to tell anyone, and the jurors will all be given the security clearances necessary to hear/view the material.

I'm glad to see this ball starting to roll, and look forward to a speedy trial within the next few years, where the accused has ample opportunity to tell their side of the story and justify their continued attacks on this country. I'm certain that a lot of those on the left are hoping for an acquittal of all five,...yourself exclude,..I'm sure.....

BTW, thanks for dodging the question about why certain Gitmo residents are given military trials and other given access to civilian courts. Quite enlightening.......
I find the bolded statement a curious one. Care to elaborate?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:15 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,284,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I find the bolded statement a curious one. Care to elaborate?
Check the dictionary for "facetious".........

Old 11-27-2009, 01:47 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,204,944 times
Hmmmm, Sanrene, this thread is now on Page 3 of the menu, fairly close to the bottom. I thought you said you didn't abandon threads? lol

Do you still believe that a trial in the fedearl court is a bad idea?

Old 11-27-2009, 02:18 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,284,209 times
....someone needs to "get a life"...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies