Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

and he also won't say IF 3000 people were murdered on 9/11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98IFo...layer_embedded

This is truly a travesty. The world will watch as the US is put on trial and we will have to listen to 9/11 murderers spew their garbage.

So this is the path obama will take to put the US (Bush) on trial. We will hear how they were the victims, how they were justified in attacking the Us.

Disgusting and criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

This is truly a travesty. The world will watch as the US is put on trial and we will have to listen to 9/11 murderers spew their garbage.

So this is the path obama will take to put the US (Bush) on trial. We will hear how they were the victims, how they were justified in attacking the Us.

Disgusting and criminal.

Uhhhh.....you don't know much about how trials work, do you.

The US is put on trial......OMG! I'll tell you right now that you are being overly dramatic!

In any trial, the PROSECUTION gets to put on its case FIRST. The defendants will only be allowed to speak if they get on the witness stand and "testify"..............and that will be for a limited time during the defense's case. I would guess if they start just willy-nilly making STATEMENTS rather than answering questions, that the Prosecution will OBJECT, OBJECT, OBJECT to the irrelevance and "narrative answers" and those objections will be sustained just like any other trial.

Unless those defendants FIRE THEIR LAWYERS, and try to represent themselves, there will be no spontaneous statements by the defendants unrelated to questions being asked, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER FEDERAL TRIAL. Have you ever heard of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, or the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure? Those Rules determine what evidence can be put on and what is not proper evidence.

I've never seen a trial in my life where defendants were allowed to get on the witness stand and just babble about anything they wanted to say. If they take the stand they have to answer questions. They are not allowed to make long narrative statements which do not related to the questions!

The ONLY time they might be allowed to make statements would be at the SENTENCING AFTER A CONVICTION........not during the trial itself.

Sarene, you're just posting propaganda again........the HATE OBAMA propaganda. And you're out of your league on this one. Better study up on the rules of procedure in Federal Court Trials before you go on a crying binge about how the US will be put on trial here.

Bill O is asking STUPID QUESTIONS, he is NOT listening to what the attorney is saying, and Bill-O is making a "show" for his followers by asking the attorney if he believes there is any justification for killing 3000 people...........THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE, bozos. Do people out there really have ZERO clue how a trial works? I'm sure Bill-O knows better than the way he's asking that question, but he gets ratings by appealing to those who DO NOT KNOW BETTER........Sanrene.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Ahhhh, it appears that Sanrene has abandoned her thread. No surprise there.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
I never abandon my threads.

I'll be back in the morning when there are posts worthy of a response.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:

Disgusting and criminal.
Obama has reduced the attacks on the Twin Towers and the loss of almost 3000 lives to the status of a police action instead of an act of war. Same BS mentality that America suffered under Bill "Zipper-At-Half-Mast" Clinton. Of course there is little support for this administration having a criminal trial in New York instead of a military trial, but it seems to matter little to Obama and his league of lying morons.

We wouldn't want to insult the muslim bretheren, would we????

Old 11-23-2009, 10:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
I will ask the question, wasn't it mostly knee-jerk reactions, contempt for all things middle-eastern, payments for turning people in and propaganda that got most of these people arrested in the first place?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I never abandon my threads.

I'll be back in the morning when there are posts worthy of a response.
You'll be back in the morning if you can figure out how to respond to the posts regarding your knowledge about the justice system in practical terms or when someone gives you the answers. LMAO

So, just answer me this, Sanrene: At which portion during the trial would the defendants be allowed to make statements blaming the U.S. for their actions and at which portion of the trial would they be allowed to basically put the U.S. on trial? Do you know the answers?

Last edited by Austin13; 11-23-2009 at 11:26 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
Obama has reduced the attacks on the Twin Towers and the loss of almost 3000 lives to the status of a police action instead of an act of war. Same BS mentality that America suffered under Bill "Zipper-At-Half-Mast" Clinton. Of course there is little support for this administration having a criminal trial in New York instead of a military trial, but it seems to matter little to Obama and his league of lying morons.

We wouldn't want to insult the muslim bretheren, would we????
Ahhhh, so you have no respect for our FEDERAL COURTS.........a "police action"? Why are you afraid of having a public trial? Do you really think that a trial is going to make these defendants look "good"??????

Exactly WHAT COUNTRY attacked us on 9/11?

Old 11-24-2009, 12:00 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Ahhhh, so you have no respect for our FEDERAL COURTS.........a "police action"? Why are you afraid of having a public trial? Do you really think that a trial is going to make these defendants look "good"??????

Exactly WHAT COUNTRY attacked us on 9/11?
.....you're in the minority on this point. Well over 60% of Americans feel the terrorists should be tried in a military court,...since the actions of this murderous band of hooligans can be nothing less than an act of war. But, keep protecting those who vow to take American lives,...you are in good company. You, Holder, Obama, and the 9/11 terrorists have a lot in common,...all of you dislike this country to varying degrees.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
.....you're in the minority on this point. Well over 60% of Americans feel the terrorists should be tried in a military court,...since the actions of this murderous band of hooligans can be nothing less than an act of war. But, keep protecting those who vow to take American lives,...you are in good company. You, Holder, Obama, and the 9/11 terrorists have a lot in common,...all of you dislike this country to varying degrees.
Have you prejudged these people?
Interesting.
Where's the proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies