Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 05:43 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's called exhibitionism. Lots of people enjoy it both as participants and as spectators.

I have to wonder what goes on in the minds of people who are so quick to judge others. Actually, I don't have to wonder. I know the answer already: They're narrow-minded.
No, they are not narrow minded, they simply have morals.

Most people are "quick" to make up their minds that watching a music awards show should not entail some "sissy" looking guy running around the stage trying to stick his body parts into everybody else's mouth.

He was "sissy" looking on that show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Adam Lambert's sexually suggestive choreography -- including kissing another male -- on the American Music Awards stage Sunday night happened "in the moment," the singer told CNN.

Lambert, who is openly gay, said it is "a form of discrimination and a double standard" for anyone to object since "women performers have been pushing the envelope" for decades.

Lambert says man-on-man kiss at AMA happened 'in the moment' - CNN.com
So what!!! That's par for the course these days. This is not the old days. If you're going to have madonna kissing brit and janet jackson showing her breasts, I see no reason why some of the public should be aghast at this. I don't approve of ANY of it, because I think that it's only for shock value. But please don't act like you would up at arms if it was a woman kissing a woman.

Last edited by wehotex; 11-25-2009 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-25-2009, 10:12 AM

28 posts, read 52,736 times
Adam Lambert, the gay boy screamer artist of American Idol fame, decided to make the AMA awards Sunday night his own personal pursuit to further degrade society. He, in an abhorrent display of gay pride, or some other such nonsense decides to have one of his dancers do a crotch dive portraying some gay sex simulation, and then violently walks over to his keyboardist to perform a mouth to mouth assault that was about as sexy as Al Gore kissing Tipper at a DNC rally.

But that's not all, he then decides to make it a crusade after ABC cancels his Good Morning America performance. He would have us believe that he is the victim of some nationwide homophobic attack on him and his boy pals. So let me get this straight, I am to think that HE is the victim of our hatred of gays, when the real victims are the millions of Americans who still hold some level of standards having been subjected to his deviancy Sunday night as he sings a lovely S&M number entitled "For Your Entertainment"?

For my entertainment?! Wow. Thanks Adam, but you can keep your sex-capades to your own damn self. I refuse to feel guilty because you (news flash!) are not a victim. You are an indulgent man-child, and you are attempting to pass off your indulgence in the name of our supposed intolerance. It's the root of evil that is Political Correctness. I for one will not be shut up. You see, I'm not buying it. That goes for all you victims out there that want to force your God-given guilt onto good and decent people everywhere. I'm just not having it.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:16 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbombed View Post
Adam Lambert, gay boy screamer artist of American Idol fame, decided to make the AMA awards Sunday night his own personal pursuit to further degrade society. In an abhorrent display of gay pride or some other such nonsense, he decides to have one of his dancers do a crotch dive portraying some gay sex oral simulation, and then violently walks over to his keyboardist to perform a mouth to mouth assault that was about as sexy as Algore kissing Tipper at a DNC rally. Wow was it bad!

But that's not all. He decides to make it a crusade today after ABC cancels his Good Morning America performance. He would have us believe that he is the victim of some nationwide homophobic attack on him and his boy pals. So let me get this straight - ahem. I am to think that HE is the victim of our hatred of gays, when the real victims are the millions of Americans who still hold some level of standards having been subjected to his deviancy Sunday night as he sings a lovely S&M number entitled "For Your Entertainment".

For my entertainment?! Wow. Thanks Adam, but you can keep your sexapades to your own damn self. I refuse to feel guilty because you - new flash! - are not a victim. You are an indulgent man-child, and you are attempting to pass off your indulgence in the name of our supposed intolerance. It's the root of evil that is Political Correctness. I for one will not be shut up. You see, THIS is the game the devil is playing with us right now, and I'm not buying it. That goes for all you victims out there that want to force your God-given guilt onto good and decent people everywhere. I'm just not having it.
Clap clap clap, bravo! What a performance! Has the outrage simmered down yet? Ahem....so what? I don't care that he did it, I never like anyone from American Idol, doesn't matter who they are, the music is never good. I don't care if he did it for publicity, because he was in the moment or because he wanted to annoy those out there who gasp & clutch their hearts in horror anytime a gay person does something publicly, he's a performer, plain & simple. Please remember that & try to contain the constant negativity.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:33 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
So what!!! That's par for the course these days. This is not the old days. If you're going to have madonna kissing brit and janet jackson showing her breasts, I see no reason why some of the public should be aghast at this. I don't approve of ANY of it, because I think that it's only for shock value. But please don't act like you would up at arms if it was a woman kissing a woman.
But people WERE up in arms about Janet Jackson's "display" at the SuperBowl and Madonna/Brittney's kiss. So should these two get a pass just because they are two gay men? They should face a fine just as Janet Jackson and the network received from the FCC.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:39 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about this.

I can see where the people who are against this are coming from and I can see where the people who are for this are coming from.

People who are for this do not want censorship and have an excellent point that this was rated 14+. It is true that for the Britney and Madonna kiss, there was not this much controversy. I think a lot of people are ok with woman on woman but not man on man.

People who against this do not want the children to see and do not want to expose their children to anything sexual. It is a music award show. Why not leave it to that? Why add more? The family should be able to enjoy it together.

I don't know where I stand but I think I lean toward thinking it should NOT have happened. No, not because I hate gay man. I am for gay marriage one hundred percent. But I even think it is not right when overly sexual videos of men on women are wrong too. There is no need for this regardless of it is straight, gay, lesbian kissing or sexual acts.

Chatteress-damn it. I cannot rep you!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
For those with 14+ year olds that were or may be exposed to this, I suggest you go and check your teenagers IPOD playlist. If you think this is offensive, it's nothing compared to some of the stuff out there. I'm not saying it's good or bad, acceptable, or not acceptable, just that it's out there, and WAY, WAY worse than this.

Groups such as The Cumshots, GWAR, the entire horrorcore rap genre, Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem.

GG Allin, Deicide, and N.W.A are older, but still have a cult following.

Go watch a GWAR, GG Allin or Deicide video on Youtube, then come back and tell us your thoughts.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:04 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I still haven't seen it and I am still grossed out by Al and Tipper's liplock but I didn't expect to see it on stage of a political convention. I figure if you watch any kind of music show (or what passes for music today) you are probably going to see this kind of stuff. Caveat Viewer.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
For those with 14+ year olds that were or may be exposed to this, I suggest you go and check your teenagers IPOD playlist. If you think this is offensive, it's nothing compared to some of the stuff out there. I'm not saying it's good or bad, acceptable, or not acceptable, just that it's out there, and WAY, WAY worse than this.

Groups such as The Cumshots, GWAR, the entire horrorcore rap genre, Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem.

GG Allin, Deicide, and N.W.A are older, but still have a cult following.

Go watch a GWAR, GG Allin or Deicide video on Youtube, then come back and tell us your thoughts.
I agree that there is likely to be worse out there. I really wish we can go back to the days where entertainment wasn't all about shock value. Look at the effect it's having on our nation's youth and I don't see how anyone can defend this.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I still haven't seen it and I am still grossed out by Al and Tipper's liplock but I didn't expect to see it on stage of a political convention. I figure if you watch any kind of music show (or what passes for music today) you are probably going to see this kind of stuff. Caveat Viewer.
Doesn't make it right though. These "artists" need a good paddle on the behind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies