Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Economy is in shambles. Deficit in the trillions. Not to worry - let's throw a State Dinner. Yes, 320 liberal elite will converge on the South lawn in a tent decorated to the hilt. The guest list is so large they won't fit in White House. Just think of the carbon footprint of all those jets flying in for dinner!

Estimated cost: millions.

Go Obama! You are truly a man of the people, for the people in difficult times.
Entertainment: Wonderful Wednesdays At The White House

Posted by Paulette on February 27, 2009
Obama is proving that he can ‘walk and chew gum’ at the same time. President Obama and his team are truly working hard and finding time for entertaining without compromising their work on behalf of the American people. Balance – what a great thing to have in the White House.
The White House is the place to be on Wednesdays!
Since the presidency changed political hands less than six weeks ago, a burst of entertaining has taken hold of the iconic, white-columned home of America’s head of state. Much of it comes on Wednesdays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 04:38 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I wouldn't. But as long as he's going he should take an extra 40,000 troops with him.
As long as he buys a one way ticket I am okay with it.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
so stop buying from those companies. Stop buying cheap import goods from other countries. Stop supporting the companies that outsource. If you stop supporting those companies and everyone else starts doing the same. Those companies will have two choices...Close down or move back over the USA. More than likely they will move back over here and it will create jobs again and the economy will be fixed. Our government cant stop a company from outsourcing its against the law.

So, if you want to start improving the economy, start buying from companies that are 100% American. Sure they might cost more but you will also be getting a better product.

This goes for banks and other business' as well, if your phone company has a call center in another country...close those accounts and do some shopping for 100% American.

If you think about it, America has become the dumping grounds for every foreign companies goods. They know we like cheap crap.

i am with you 100% I don't support crap companies unless its my only option. I will do without in my own life if its the only option but for work sometimes I have no choice but to buy crap made in china because that is all there is. I think consumers in this country have the power but at the same time everyone is stuck on that wal-mart mentality that nothing should cost more than 20 dollars. In addition to my job I also make art and you should see how people respond to me and other artists I know. "oh thats beautiful but it's too much" then they get in the 35k car. People don't seem to realize the value of things anymore let alone the fact that buying from places like chine supports child labor, unfair working conditions, forced labor etc. etc.

I just think the gov't can play a role with import taxes, taxes on jobs leaving the country etc. But everyone needs to become more informed consumers and realize what they are supporting.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well the economy was in better shape and if I recall most Americans were spending, spending and spending more. People are out of work now, so it does paint a bad picture when they throw such fancy feasts.

Wake up the economy was "good" under bush??? the problems we face now are due to his policies. The only thing good about the economy under bush was that clinton had straightened it out before bush took over. Remeber the balanced budget we had?????/

Old 11-28-2009, 08:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Sorry, not bushes fault either. Its actually Americans in general that are at fault. Each and every one of us is both the victim and the criminal. Big business is most to blame but people think it easier to throw it all at the government. However, it is now the governments responsibility to get us out of this mess with our help. But, in the end it will fall on every American to make it right.
Very well said, and nothing but the TRUTH. Seems some would rather we ignored the facts of the matter so they can use attempt to blame the "other guy" in some sort of political attack. Some speak of personal responsibility then claim the government is at fault for our own actions, the word Hypocrite comes to mind, they are either that or being dishonest so that they can attempt to gain politically. This nation will, and is, rise up and move upward again, but it will be done mainly by our actions and that of business owners, not the government. We need to learn from our mistakes and they will become lessons learned and not to be repeated. I have enough faith in the people of this great nation to feel good about our future, unfortunately some have lost faith in their fellow citizens and hence the wild accusations and claims that continue to come from some. So far, I have seen few of the posted specualtions and accusations be proven out to be truth, in fact the opposite is the case. When one accusation or prediction fails to be proven as reality some switch to another one, such as how someone shows respect to leaders of other nations or their having dinner out, desperate times indeed. Hopefully what you posted will sink in to a couple of minds here, it has been said my several posters but rarely replied to, I wonder why that is, not really.
Casper

Old 11-28-2009, 08:40 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Wake up the economy was "good" under bush??? the problems we face now are due to his policies. The only thing good about the economy under bush was that clinton had straightened it out before bush took over. Remeber the balanced budget we had?????/
Agreed. The economy tanked after 9/11, and in some places, e.g., Colorado, never rebounded to its pre-9/11 levels.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:54 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Very well said, and nothing but the TRUTH. Seems some would rather we ignored the facts of the matter so they can use attempt to blame the "other guy" in some sort of political attack. Some speak of personal responsibility then claim the government is at fault for our own actions, the word Hypocrite comes to mind, they are either that or being dishonest so that they can attempt to gain politically. This nation will, and is, rise up and move upward again, but it will be done mainly by our actions and that of business owners, not the government. We need to learn from our mistakes and they will become lessons learned and not to be repeated. I have enough faith in the people of this great nation to feel good about our future, unfortunately some have lost faith in their fellow citizens and hence the wild accusations and claims that continue to come from some. So far, I have seen few of the posted specualtions and accusations be proven out to be truth, in fact the opposite is the case. When one accusation or prediction fails to be proven as reality some switch to another one, such as how someone shows respect to leaders of other nations or their having dinner out, desperate times indeed. Hopefully what you posted will sink in to a couple of minds here, it has been read by several posters but rarely replied to, I wonder why that is, not really.
Casper
People dont like the truth, especially when they are wrong or are the one(s) at fault.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:29 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
I forgot bush cancelled all similar events during his years of war right?

Actually he went fishing too... remember it was the most important moment of his presidency.. catching a 7# fish.

He was truely the "Let them eat cake" president. not sure why these idiots are complaining about Obama...

Here you have a president that is offering up $4 trillion in deficit reduction but these supposed beacons of the American way... are saying they only want 2T... talk about talking out of both sides of their mouths... Why don't these idiot tea baggers realize Obama is giving them what they want and their people are saying NO. Could it be it is only lip service?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Actually he went fishing too... remember it was the most important moment of his presidency.. catching a 7# fish.

He was truely the "Let them eat cake" president. not sure why these idiots are complaining about Obama...

Here you have a president that is offering up $4 trillion in deficit reduction but these supposed beacons of the American way... are saying they only want 2T... talk about talking out of both sides of their mouths... Why don't these idiot tea baggers realize Obama is giving them what they want and their people are saying NO. Could it be it is only lip service?
Giving up unspent money isn't really deficit reduction when he has huge spending on the horizon already built into the Health Care plan, and he's demanding new revenue in the form of additional taxes. If Obama is willing to give up that much, then why does ne need to raise more money??

Besides, the offer doesn't really mean anything since there has to be new budget every year (even though the Democrats have refused to come up with one in over 2 years.)

Who really is playing the games here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies