Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM

173 posts, read 609,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say we took more casualties, I said we have bled more than any other country while helping other countries. Did France bleed while trying to help some other country. No. Did Russia? No. They only fought for themselves because they were attacked. We bled while helping others to regain their freedom. You missed the whole point.
You think they wouldn't have gone for the U.S.A after they took europe and asia? You were helping to save your own future, but lucky enough to get away with it without any bigger losses. It was a WORLD war, not a EUROPE + ASIA war.

You did help us greatly in the war, but you're not a shining beacon. You could have came alot earlier instead of being neutral, and you were fighting for your own future aswell.

I don't hate U.S.A, there are many things about the country i like. But you're not the shining beacon that the rest of the world look up to. And i mean no offense with this. You're just another country, one that might have it better economically than others, but still just a country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The vast majority of the immigrants coming into our country are VERY POOR, who are a burden on our welfare system.
Thank you Kennedy.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 PM

112 posts, read 130,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
It doesn't matter for other nations to love us...
Any quality nation or individual,any where in the world,likes us...

What matters though is for our enemies to fear us...
After the liberation of Iraq,Khaddafi sh*tted his ...burkha,( or whatever) & said that he will...cooperate with USA against terrorism...

Is Ahmadinezand now afraid of USA ?
France & Germany created an antiamer axis in NATO & acted like agents of Russia,blocking the entry of Ukraine & Georgia.

Nobody is afraid of us today...
This is a good point.

For instance, when we are at war these days, we play by the rules and are the "nice guy".

There was that time we had a chance to obliterate an entire pack of Al Qaeda at a funeral, but our "morals" allowed them to grieve over a death. Then later the very same group that could have been killed turns around kills us instead while we are distracted.

If you are going to be a pansy nice guy, and avoid hitting outlaws in baby formula plants, or mosques, or those at a funeral, then you are better off using your resources in the homeland to protect your borders, harbors, etc. That way, they can just grow weary of trying to penetrate and maybe give up at some point. If we arent constantly in their face with tanks in front of their shrines, maybe they could even forget about us at some point.

We are currently doing the worst possible combination... we are fighting like pansies overseas, holding back, playing by their rules while simultaneously leaving our homeland vastly unprotected.

All our resources are tied up in a war on their turf where they use our morals against us. Its a complete joke and no wonder it drags on.

Personally, I believe there are better ways than fear to get what you need out of your enemies, but given the current circumstance, I think we need to sh*t or get off the pot.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Shining Beacon......No........... lights out.....no more room, everyone else go home

Old 11-24-2009, 07:18 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You are so naive. The vast majority of the immigrants coming into our country are VERY POOR, who are a burden on our welfare system. The people coming here are practically all coming from 2nd and 3rd-world countries. They come here for economic purposes because their options in their homeland are very limited. Do you think Europeans are coming to America these days? I hear they are doing quite well right now while we are still losing jobs.

That 1 in 8 number only includes legal immigrants, it doesn't even mention the number of illegals, which could add between 12 and 20 million more to that number. Pushing it to about 1 in 5, or 20% of the population that could be foreign born. Statistically up to 40% of the current population could actually be foreign born or first generation American citizens. And people wonder why politically we can't close the floodgates of immigration.

And while this massive immigration has been going on, it has done nothing but fuel division in this country, and destroy wages.
I'm not at all naive. My wife was an alien from China. Before you paint a picture, she was from Hong Kong and her family is loaded and she was a US citizen long before I met her. I am somewhat familiar with where immigrants are coming from. A substantial number of my friends also happen to be European, Australian, and a surprising number of Kiwi, immigrants who are in no hurry to go home. I'm not talking about illegal criminals jumping the border. I'm talking about regular people with jobs or professions that prefer to be here because they can actually get ahead and keep some of their earnings after the tax man raids their paycheck. As one of my Brit kayaking buddies said, "In GB, we have everything Americans have, just less of it."

Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Or it might be that it's Tuesday and most people are at work.
lol, too funny. I was at work when I posted that and am now. We're slow tonight.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoT View Post
lol, too funny. I was at work when I posted that and am now. We're slow tonight.
Gotta consider time zones too. When you're thinking about lunch in Texas, us on the West Coast are thinking about climbing out of bed.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
You think they wouldn't have gone for the U.S.A after they took europe and asia?
Invading and occupying US is pretty much a mission impossible. It's too big, and protected by oceans. So, no they would not have gone for US.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Because, as a collective, we're busybodies who stick our noses into things that aren't any of our business.

If we'd all just learn to mind our own business--including our government doing so--we'd have fewer problems.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Hey Pamky any more stereotypes you want to throw in why you are at it?

What a joke. For what it is worth nobody and I mean nobody I have ever met has cared what any European has thought of them or the U.S.

Unless it's the repugs in here!

Any country says something remotely "bad" about Obama and the repugs are touting it all over the place, it REALLY means something to them.

THEN they hold other country's opinions in the highest regard.

Something "nice" about Obama and it's ""OH, who cares about anybody's opinion but ours!"""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies