Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

Shows you how so last century the MSM is these days. I mean, there's already a tee shirt out on this

WEAR THE DECLINE | Daily Telegraph Tim Blair Blog

Same as with ABC's Charles Gibson and his embarassing "I don't even know about it," Gibson said, laughing. "So you've got me at a loss. ... " when he was asked about the ACORN/child prostitute scandal.

Pathetic. Funny, but still pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
From today's Denver Post:

Republicans say global-warming e-mails show scientists hiding data - The Denver Post
(Not front page news)

From Monday's Post:
Key scientist says politics behind stolen e-mails - The Denver Post
Scientist: "Nasty" politics in global warming - The Denver Post

From the front page of today's Boulder Daily Camera:
NCAR: Researchers' leaked e-mails don't undermine climate science - Boulder Daily Camera
(Includes a link where you can read the e-mails)

Old 11-25-2009, 10:46 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Such poor reporting. The headline attempts to suggest the issue is partisan and then dismisses the claim with a response from Trenberth without even commenting on the actual data and details of the e-mails in question. It it appears as if they want it to read "another attack by a wingnut, nothing to see here."

More biased spin. First it plays of the issue as simply a nasty political ploy, again uses Trenberth to dispute such and draws support to his speculation without providing any proper objective means to establish if his claim is credible or what exactly the objections made concerning the data is.

Very poor reporting indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From the front page of today's Boulder Daily Camera:
NCAR: Researchers' leaked e-mails don't undermine climate science - Boulder Daily Camera
(Includes a link where you can read the e-mails)
The problem with this read is that it is essentially a defense article for CRU. It lends much time to explaining off the issues by using the statements of those who are in question and it uses surface explanations to the emails in question to claim this is "out of context".

The article does not even mention the fact that FOI requests were withheld (illegally by the way as it is a crime to attend to such as they did), nor does it even deal with the actual data (which is really the smoking gun here, more specifically the issues with the database).

I would be extremely leery of them Katiana, this shows strong signs of manipulative bias through selective reporting by these agencies.

Considering this issue is entirely about obfuscation of fact and manipulation of truth in the support of a bias, ALL reporting agencies should be held suspect unless they have properly validated their suggested explanations in these stories.

I know you are simply passing the links on, but these agencies are showing very poor reporting skills. The average blogger has more factual evidence on the issue than these agencies and that is disturbing.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:47 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
You are joking with this right? It is sarcasm I hope?

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You are joking with this right? It is sarcasm I hope?
Katina is simply passing on the stories of reporting agencies found, until Katina comments to the effect of a stance on the issue, just take it as she is responding to the OP's request about media outlets reporting. I don't think Katina has taken as stance as of yet on this issue.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Such poor reporting. The headline attempts to suggest the issue is partisan and then dismisses the claim with a response from Trenberth without even commenting on the actual data and details of the e-mails in question. It it appears as if they want it to read "another attack by a wingnut, nothing to see here."

More biased spin. First it plays of the issue as simply a nasty political ploy, again uses Trenberth to dispute such and draws support to his speculation without providing any proper objective means to establish if his claim is credible or what exactly the objections made concerning the data is.

Very poor reporting indeed.

The problem with this read is that it is essentially a defense article for CRU. It lends much time to explaining off the issues by using the statements of those who are in question and it uses surface explanations to the emails in question to claim this is "out of context".

The article does not even mention the fact that FOI requests were withheld (illegally by the way as it is a crime to attend to such as they did), nor does it even deal with the actual data (which is really the smoking gun here, more specifically the issues with the database).

I would be extremely leery of them Katiana, this shows strong signs of manipulative bias through selective reporting by these agencies.

Considering this issue is entirely about obfuscation of fact and manipulation of truth in the support of a bias, ALL reporting agencies should be held suspect unless they have properly validated their suggested explanations in these stories.

I know you are simply passing the links on, but these agencies are showing very poor reporting skills. The average blogger has more factual evidence on the issue than these agencies and that is disturbing.
Completely agree with this assessment.
Besides, the Denver Post and even worse.......the Boulder Daily Camera are well known for such journalistic reporting "skills" in a blatantly biased manner.

Boulder, Cali-rado IS more liberal than any other town in the whole damn state.......and has been since the 60's!

Colorado Springs, on the other hand.......is just the opposite, for the most part.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
You have to remember that newsrooms and editorial offices around the nation are filled with liberals. And those liberals apply a liberal filter to determine what "news" is fit to print.

I hope everyone has emailed these so-called news outfits and voiced their dismay.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Katina is simply passing on the stories of reporting agencies found, until Katina comments to the effect of a stance on the issue, just take it as she is responding to the OP's request about media outlets reporting. I don't think Katina has taken as stance as of yet on this issue.
Thank you.

The Post articles may be poor reporting, but they are AP and other wire service reports, not written by DP reporters (FWIW).

The Camera article was written by a Daily Camera reporter. NCAR is a big employer in Boulder. (They're not all trust-funders there, despite what some may think!) It is a story of major interest to the community.

I will let others comment on the content. I was addressing the complaint, yet again made today, that the MSM isn't covering the story. The fact that three of these articles are from the wire services show that this story is being covered.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herst1240 View Post
I just don't understand why the MSM in the U.S. is ignoring the Global Warming emails?

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs
They are busy waiting for what the wizards of smart in the White House to tell them what to say about it. Besides, 0bama told them not to report on the same stories as Fox News.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:15 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You have to remember that newsrooms and editorial offices around the nation are filled with liberals. And those liberals apply a liberal filter to determine what "news" is fit to print.

I hope everyone has emailed these so-called news outfits and voiced their dismay.
Sadly, I doubt that enough people do.....or even if they do, they are often ignored or discredited in one fashion or another.

MOST of the media sources out there lean left and the bias is blatantly obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies