Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Plant nutrients: Plant Nutrients

Environmental pollutants: Pollutants/Toxics | Browse EPA Topics | US EPA (http://www.epa.gov/ebtpages/pollutants.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 01:28 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Anyone who has watched 'how the earth was made' on History can't possibly come to the conclusion that humans are responsible for any climate change. This planet is 4.7 billion years old. Has gone through dozens of hot and cold cycles. Many very violent AND with not one SUV or coal fired power plant to be found.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:36 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
odanny, you left me out. I feel shunned.

Dinosaurs roamed North Dakota as it was warm in climate. The climate has changed now to being very cold. Thus earth's 'climate change'.

Did man do that?

Hey science person. Tell me what are we missing that logic does not dictate?

What are the ages we have learned from science?

The earth had an ice age, then---
Then what....name them all that point to, 'climate change'. Which ones did man participate in and the release of carbons into the air?

You seem to be pushing to pay more in taxes and be blamed for something that we're not doing.

Regulatory factors were put into place on emissions high end industry puts out, say some 20 years ago. What did they spend all that money already and now they want more? Yep, that is my suspicion...get them to believe...and they will give more money up. Scare 'em and they will pay us anything.

Some one told me once and this I know to be true---

Anything sells as long as the presentation is applied appropriately. They are doing very well in their presentation when they can get people to buy into that which they are selling. Going against logic are we?

Old 12-26-2009, 01:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post

Now, with that all said, YES we should decrease the amount of pollutants that we humans are spewing into the air, water, and soil - but not by singling out CO2 as a primary constituent, and falsely attributing it to this BS global warming farce.

Your mind is already made up in regards to climate change, you are being disingenuous. SOME people attempt to look at the question of climate change without any political blinders on that prevents them understanding a very complex issue. You at least can recognize both the potential for future problems and the necessity of dealing with man made pollutants, but in the very next sentence you are ready to absolve mankind of being able to influence climate change through the use of formerly sequestered fossil fuels being spewed into the atmosphere.

So to be honest, calling something a "BS global warming farce" only outed you before you had the chance to discuss the issue in an unbiased fashion.

It's been turned into such a political hot potato by the Rush Limbaugh's and the FOX News's of the world that their adherents dont care about the actual science behind climate change. All they can see is Al Gore, waiting to steal your money as he sells books and movies in an attempt to cash in.

Thats called making a scientific issue a political one. It's usually rule #1 of climate change deniers.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
... It's been turned into such a political hot potato by the Rush Limbaugh's and the FOX News's of the world that their adherents dont care about the actual science behind climate change. All they can see is Al Gore, waiting to steal your money as he sells books and movies in an attempt to cash in.

Thats called making a scientific issue a political one. It's usually rule #1 of climate change deniers.
What about guys like me? I don't watch Rush or Fox.

Blaming all of this on Rush or Fox is a bit weak .. don't you think?

And what of the "actual science?" ... trouble is that there are those that twist the presumed science to meet their eventual end agenda. The agenda was established long before anything like Rush or Fox got a hold of this.

It's like I said before .. If folks like you actually sat down and studied climate change, as it relates to the total scheme of things .. your mind wouldn't be stuck on, and you wouldn't be promoting, someone elses agenda.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:59 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
SOME people attempt to look at the question of climate change without any political blinders on that prevents them understanding a very complex issue.
A simple search of your past posts will reveal that you rarely look at ANYTHING without your rabidly-left wing blinders, so please, spare us from your rhetoric. It's amazing the amount of left wingers that will try to come across as some "enlightened" and "brilliant" mind on the things they preach, but still cannot do anything but spout talking points, void of facts.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:07 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
And if you could contemplate, even for a second, that thousands of scientists from all around the world long ago determined that man made pollutants can trap heat, then you could consider the possibility that man made pollution can, and is, playing a role in rising temperatures.

But instead its "promote an agenda/global warming BS/Al Gore making money/worshipping the earth is a cult/blah blah blah"......

Thats what you inevitably end up with when dealing with the anti intellectual, anti scientific climate change denial crowd
I suppose .. but the list you mention is a facade .. always has been ..

As far as making all of this political? The proponents of GW/CH had to bring it in under the politics of the day. It's the only way they could #1, validate their science, and #2, expect to make any money off of it.

Many of us have been through this type of hysteria before ... I'm sure there are those in these forums that can remember all of the whackjob arguments in the 70's that said we were all heading for an ice age and we were all going to freeze to death .. all of which, was of course .. political hock-n-bull .. much like how the climate change discussion is turning out to be today ..

Old 12-26-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
A simple search of your past posts will reveal that you rarely look at ANYTHING without your rabidly-left wing blinders, so please, spare us from your rhetoric. It's amazing the amount of left wingers that will try to come across as some "enlightened" and "brilliant" mind on the things they preach, but still cannot do anything but spout talking points, void of facts.

And you practice serial projection, so, quite honestly, your opinion of me and my contributions to the discussion of climate change are null and void.

In other words, persona non grata. Ta ta.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
The proponents of GW/CH had to bring it in under the politics of the day. It's the only way they could #1, validate their science, and #2, expect to make any money off of it.

Oh, I see, they had to use politics to FAKE the science. Ohhhh................okay. So the science behind their measurements really didnt exist, they had to use politics to make it true.

And, of course, its all about "gettin paid" , and if they dont harp that man is contributing to climate change they wont make the big bucks!

Yup, you got it figgered out......

Old 12-26-2009, 02:37 PM

63 posts, read 57,899 times
Facts just confuse some people.

Take the Global Warming Test! - by Plant Fossils of West Virginia - News Releases

Just for you dear odanny......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies