Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWonderWhy1 View Post
Because it is junk science.

And it seems like every week, another credible source is debunking more and more of Al Gores "truth" - before too long - Gores "truth" will become a lie and the Nobel Committee will be asking for the Nobel Prize back -
This is how the rightwing convinces their flock. Make a scientific argument a political one, the sheep can understand this, they cannot understand science. In this way they can perpetuate a willful self delusion that completely ignores climate change and the consequences it poses to the entire planet and replaces it with an easy to understand political argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 PM

It's killing the Great Barrier Reef.

Quote:
The most significant threat to the Great Barrier Reef is climate change.[50][51] Mass coral bleaching events due to rising ocean temperatures occurred in the summers of 1998, 2002 and 2006,[52] and coral bleaching will likely become an annual occurrence.[53] Climate change has implications for other forms of life on the Great Barrier Reef as well - some fish's preferred temperature range lead them to seek new areas to live, thus causing chick mortality in seabirds that prey on the fish. Climate change will also affect the population and available habitat of sea turtles.[54]
Another key threat faced by the Great Barrier Reef is pollution and declining water quality. The rivers of north eastern Australia provide significant pollution of the Reef during tropical flood events with over 90% of this pollution being sourced from farms.[55] Farm run-off is polluted as a result of overgrazing and excessive fertiliser and pesticide use. Due to the range of human uses made of the water catchment area adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef, water quality has declined owing to the sediment and chemical runoff from farming, and to loss of coastal wetlands which are a natural filter.[56][57][58] It is thought that the mechanism behind poor water quality affecting the reefs is due to increased light and oxygen competition from algae.[59]

Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I'm a recent convert to denial. For a long time I accepted global warming because the data presented to me indicated it was so. I seriously doubted it was man made because the claims just didn't jive with history.

Now that it seems even the data indicating warming was falsified in an apparent wide-spread conspiracy, I can say my view at the moment is based on not the science but the fact that the folks presenting the data to me have been lying through their teeth and manipulating the peer-review system to support their agenda. Since their credibility is in serious question, at this time I find myself more inclined to believe the scientists who deny because their only source of discredit so far has come from a group of folks with a substantial amount of evidence indicating they are liars.

Normally I don't subscribe to the practice of shooting the messenger but if the messenger is a known liar.......
Wow. You really did drink the Kool Aid. One of Rush's storm troopers.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is how the rightwing convinces their flock. Make a scientific argument a political one, the sheep can understand this, they cannot understand science. In this way they can perpetuate a willful self delusion that completely ignores climate change and the consequences it poses to the entire planet and replaces it with an easy to understand political argument.
No different than the way Al Gore uses his scare tactics and dire predictions.

Al said seas would rise 20 ft. soon. Scientists said..no, 2.6 ft in 100 years.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Here's some articles on Global Warming.

Gore Urges Scientist to Change Science to Suit His Alarmist Agenda

Greenland Ice Find Debunks Al Gore’s Global Warming Theories
NewsBusters

Oceans are cooling according to NASA

Polar bear expert barred by global warmists - Telegraph

DailyTech - Survey Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse
Global W

Weather Channel Founder Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’ NewsBusters

So everyone is wrong but the richest one?

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph

Just do some research and you'll find the truth. The info is out there but not getting thru, just like the media ignoring the e-mails confirming the lie.
There's ALOT of money at stake for alot of people. Money is the root of all evil!!

Wow. Thank you for providing this first rate, rightwing climate change denier propaganda.

Impressive line up you got there.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times
Thank-you I've got LOTS more. Its good reading material.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
ClimateGate.

That is all.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times
Here this article is your style.

Greenhouse gas concentrations at highest level since Second World War - Telegr

I don't mind sharing.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Thank-you I've got LOTS more. Its good reading material.
If you take Glenn Beck seriously it is.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Here this article is your style.

Greenhouse gas concentrations at highest level since Second World War - Telegr

I don't mind sharing.
That would be interesting if it actually had an impact on temperatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies