Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:24 AM

615 posts, read 1,692,932 times

Advertisements

Ya know in the late 80s early 90s I remember many, many Christians complaining because Christmas was so commercialized. Now I hear many Christians complainging because it isn't commercialized enough, or because other religions are commercialized. This whole thread is based on a lie. Best Buy may have tried to take Christ out of Christmas a few years ago but they changed. This year they are not, Christmas is everywhere and if you don't see that then you are living on another planet or you are just looking for things to complain about.

Try to remember what Christmas is really about. And the day after Thanksgiving is NOT, NOT, NOT about the true meaning of Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 07:35 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Can anyone tell me which store in Atlanta is having the best sale today on frankincense and myrrh?

Old 11-27-2009, 07:42 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I don't shop in stores where the managment are so cowardly and brow beaten by a bunch of left wingersthey cannot advertise for the holiday that brings the people out shopping. The holiday is CHRISTMAS. If someone says happy holiday to me I ask, what holiday? They always say Christmas. I retort, if it's Christams don't be a PC pansy azzz say it's Christmas!
Too many other religions celebrate a holiday in the month of December, besides Christians. Why should merchants ignore other religions for your benefit? Would it kill you to share? If we celebrate your holiday then you press for everyone to celebrate your holyday by telling us, "Jesus is the reason for the season" I find these words, selfish, arrogant and self serving. So have a Happy Holiday.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:58 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,343,707 times
Whew! Just got done emailing everyone with proof from snopes.com that this is TRUE! I also sent the link you refered to Sailordave, as well as my own outraged email to Best Buy. TY

Old 11-27-2009, 08:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Whew! Just got done emailing everyone with proof from snopes.com that this is TRUE! I also sent the link you refered to Sailordave, as well as my own outraged email to Best Buy. TY
You're outraged over this???

Old 11-27-2009, 08:18 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Here's a little article about this nonsensical "controversy." This is a article written from the Muslim perspective. The website is called "The American Muslim." It is a moderate Muslim website. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of the world 2nd largest religion.
The American Muslim (TAM)

Old 11-27-2009, 08:24 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Do you want Best Buy to earn a living as a private capitalistic enterprise, or do you think it should pander only to Christians?

I thought speech directed at not offending a group was PC. Is that what rightwingers want? To not be offended by speech? Aren't rightwingers opposed to PC?

Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,343,707 times
Default It it smells...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You're outraged over this???
This type of thing is insidouisly changing our country just like B.O. and his puppeteers and forefathers of progressivism, WHEEW!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:41 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
BOYCOTT ‘BEST BUY’ – They wish MUSLIMS “Happy EID” but won’t wish Christians “Merry Christmas” « Bare Naked Islam's Weblog
So as of 2006, their official policy has been to use Happy Holidays to be all inclusive and not use Merry Christmas. Guess that policy went out the window this year in their pandering to Muslims. Christmas is bad, except for all the sales money it brings retailers. But Muslim holidays are good. OK, this Christian is taking his money elsewhere this year cause Best Buy is off my list of stores to shop this holiday season. Instead of a jolly Santa, maybe they'll have someone dressed as a muslim suicide bomber to get people into the holiday spirit.
It isn't Christmas yet. What's yer point?

Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:

This type of thing is insidouisly changing our country just like B.O. and his puppeteers and forefathers of progressivism, WHEEW!
The country has been changing since its inception. Get over it. Forefathers of progressivism? Who would they be? Teddy Roosevelt?

Besides, this was a business decision. Are you some kind of communist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies