Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Barack Obama in 2012?
Yes 15 39.47%
No 23 60.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 03:11 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,060,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Passing a $800 billion spending bill....
One that basically every credible economist said was desperately needed for the recovery of our ailing economy.

Quote:
Ramming through SCHIP
Been in effect since 1997.

Quote:
and spiking cigarette taxes to levels way above where they ever were before...
Money which is going to go towards healthcare and hopefully result in fewer smokers in this country.

Quote:
Demanding a health care bill that is expected to top a trillion dollars in cost...
The CBO (which Republicans often cite) determined that the Senate's version of the health care bill...

- Covers an additional 31 million Americans (94% coverage)

- Reduces the deficit by $127 billion over 10 years

- Reduces the deficit by $650 billion over the following 10 years

Might want to get your facts straight.

Quote:
Tripling the national deficit...
See above.

Quote:
Expanding hate crimes laws.... especially the part that abolishes the requirement that it must have occured in a federally protected activity for federal involvement, which is blatantly trampling the right of states to set their own laws....
Obama has been a die hard proponent of state's rights over his career, and he also believes that some things are so fundamentally important that they need to be regulated at the federal level.

This is one of those times. Besides that, what problem could you possibly have with the bill that was passed?

Quote:
Passing a leftist environmental bill...
What is "leftist" about ACES? Unless you consider anything pro-environment to be leftist, then you don't really have much of a point here.

Perhaps you'd like to share your energy plan for the future? McCain sure as **** didn't have much of one.

Quote:
Those are just a small sampling of his actions that hardly qualify as "centrist".......more like liberal leftist.... and it hasn't even been a year yet.....
Again, I suggest you come back with some real ammo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Seeing as how Obama is pretty centrist, that shouldn't have much effect on your voting for him.

hussein obama a centrist HA HA HA. There is nothing like starting the day with a joke.

Would I vote for this bald faced LIAR? NO!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:43 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,470,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I will NOT vote for anyone who thinks the planet is for us to continue trashing and polluting and wildlife is less important than homo sapiens. Native Americans can teach us a lot about that one. Remember the old commercial with the Native American chief shedding a tear seeing all the pollution? That needs to be shown again on TV.
That Indian chief was portrayed by the late Iron Eyes Cody, who was actually Sicilian, but whose entire career revolved around playing Native American roles. That commerical touched a lot of people however, and it is one of the most famous and most effective PSA's of all time.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:03 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,470,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Centrist....hahaha I really wish I had a laughing smilie face to put in here.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama a centrist HA HA HA. There is nothing like starting the day with a joke.
Some people are so far to the right that they lose all track of where everyone else is. A leftist would have nationalized the banks and gone straight to a single-payer UHC plan. There would be strong federal legislation protecting gay marriage and the right to choose. Oh, and the tax code would suddenly have started looking a lot different. Right-wingers should be very thankful that there is in fact a centrist in office...

Last edited by saganista; 11-25-2009 at 05:54 AM..

Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,894 times
If gold passes 1,500 by year's end, I may have to give it considerable thought.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:23 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,811 times
didn't vote for him the first time, and no intentions of voting for him next time.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:49 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,737,655 times
Depends on what he does or, maybe more importantly, doesn't do between now and then. It would also depend on the other choices available, but considering the choices I had this past November, I'm not holding my breath.

BTW, Obama is certainly closer to centrist than leftist. Maybe not in view of U.S. politics (though even then he's not that liberal), but in comparison to much of the world he is not very leftist at all. Certainly not conservative, either.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Will you vote for Barack Obama in 2012?
Silly question, the elections are three years from now, far too much can happen, good or bad, betwen now and then to make such lame choices. I know some of you may have already made up your mind, you would vote for the devil himself if he had a R behind his name, just shows you vote Party over Nation. Let's see where we are in 3 years, none of your wild predictions please, they are always wrong, then descide on who to vote for. It will also depend on who the right trots out as their candidate, right now i see no one that could even come close to beating the President, but things could change. Put it to you this way, if the election were held today, yes, with the same candidates I would vote for Obama again, and changing candidates after the election is Not an option. If the Repubs clean house and start coming up with real ideas of their own instead of whining about the other guys, and if they find someone closer to center in their thinking, yes I would seriously consider them, otherwise, get used to another term of President Obama.
Casper

Old 11-25-2009, 07:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Only if he has withdrawn completely from Afghanistan (and sent other more effective missions such as CIA) and not get into any wars, done more for the environment, and enacted universal health care.

I couldn't possibly have voted for McCain or any typical Republican because McCain said America should go into war with RUSSIA for invading Georgie, THEIR OWN TERRITORY! (FYI, no, that is not our state of Georgia. It's THEIR state of Georgia.)

Imagine Russia declaring war on us if we sent tanks to Alaska for seceding from the union. Same thing.

I will NOT vote for anyone who enjoys being World Police and thinks forcing democracy on other people is America's job.

I will NOT vote for anyone who thinks the planet is for us to continue trashing and polluting and wildlife is less important than homo sapiens. Native Americans can teach us a lot about that one. Remember the old commercial with the Native American chief shedding a tear seeing all the pollution? That needs to be shown again on TV.

I will NOT vote for anyone who refuses to think of cleaner means for energy, and just thinks oil, oil, and more oil.

I will NOT vote for anyone who refuses to think of creative ways to pay for universal health care when we pour TRILLIONS into the mighty military machine.

I will NOT vote for anyone who thinks college education is only for those who can afford it. It should be affordable to anyone who is willing to study for it.

P.S. Now that I think about it, maybe McCain did think Russia was invading our Georgia. Geography lessons for him and Palin.
So you are not going to vote?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,308 times
God that was funny...you made my day..my stomach hurts from laughing so much...thank you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies