Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Barack Obama in 2012?
Yes 15 39.47%
No 23 60.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 AM

110 posts, read 124,164 times

Advertisements

Will you vote for Barack Obama in 2012?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:20 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Still a long ways to go. If this was a football game it's still in the first quarter, so alot of things can happen between now and then.

That said, the answer is probably "yes". I'm happy with the work Obama has done so far and barring some colossal **** ups on his part, I don't see anyone else running that I'd be more confident with.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:22 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,229 times
No. I will never vote for a liberal, no matter what.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:25 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
No. I will never vote for a liberal, no matter what.
Seeing as how Obama is pretty centrist, that shouldn't have much effect on your voting for him.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Will the GOP stop their fear-mongering negative tactics and put up a quality candidate?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:32 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Probably not.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:37 AM

805 posts, read 1,510,438 times
Only if he has withdrawn completely from Afghanistan (and sent other more effective missions such as CIA) and not get into any wars, done more for the environment, and enacted universal health care.

I couldn't possibly have voted for McCain or any typical Republican because McCain said America should go into war with RUSSIA for invading Georgie, THEIR OWN TERRITORY! (FYI, no, that is not our state of Georgia. It's THEIR state of Georgia.)

Imagine Russia declaring war on us if we sent tanks to Alaska for seceding from the union. Same thing.

I will NOT vote for anyone who enjoys being World Police and thinks forcing democracy on other people is America's job.

I will NOT vote for anyone who thinks the planet is for us to continue trashing and polluting and wildlife is less important than homo sapiens. Native Americans can teach us a lot about that one. Remember the old commercial with the Native American chief shedding a tear seeing all the pollution? That needs to be shown again on TV.

I will NOT vote for anyone who refuses to think of cleaner means for energy, and just thinks oil, oil, and more oil.

I will NOT vote for anyone who refuses to think of creative ways to pay for universal health care when we pour TRILLIONS into the mighty military machine.

I will NOT vote for anyone who thinks college education is only for those who can afford it. It should be affordable to anyone who is willing to study for it.

P.S. Now that I think about it, maybe McCain did think Russia was invading our Georgia. Geography lessons for him and Palin.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:41 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
So far the actions of the GOP by opposing every bill makes me doubt they will put anybody of substance the Dems & Indies could vote for.They have no solutions to anything.
Obama 2012!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
So far the actions of the GOP by opposing every bill makes me doubt they will put anybody of substance the Dems & Indies could vote for.They have no solutions to anything.
Obama 2012!

I could happily vote for a man/woman I thought I could trust, someone with character, even if I didn't agree with their views on many issues. Based on experience it seems more likely I'll once again be faced with a lesser of two evils choice, there's just too damn many politicians in politics.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:52 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Seeing as how Obama is pretty centrist, that shouldn't have much effect on your voting for him.
Centrist....hahaha I really wish I had a laughing smilie face to put in here.....

maybe to some he is centrist but:

Passing a $800 billion spending bill....

Ramming through SCHIP and spiking cigarette taxes to levels way above where they ever were before...

Demanding a health care bill that is expected to top a trillion dollars in cost...

Tripling the national deficit...

Expanding hate crimes laws.... especially the part that abolishes the requirement that it must have occured in a federally protected activity for federal involvement, which is blatantly trampling the right of states to set their own laws....

Passing a leftist environmental bill....

Those are just a small sampling of his actions that hardly qualify as "centrist".......more like liberal leftist.... and it hasn't even been a year yet.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies