Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:25 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,117,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not so much. The Viet Cong threw their guns into the rice paddies before dawn and spent the daylight hours farming and other civilian activities. At night they would fish the guns out of the rice paddies and go back to work killing us. We anihilated the VC during Tet as an effective fighting force. After that it was N. Vietnamese regulars.
but how many admitted readily, they were viet cong if caught of course not, its the ones that arent here that are the viet cong, never the ones you have caught the terrible misunderstanding. and on topic the ones we got now ?? of course not they are not the real bad guys who blew up NYC, the real bad guys are somewhere else --we are not really sure where. the terrible misunderstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 09:26 PM

731 posts, read 773,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
then I don't understand why they hate us so much they should of handed over bin laden but buy letting him stay there we had no choice but to go get him ourselfs now 8 years later we are still in a war that we don't want to be there and you don't want us there bin laden is long gone so really no one comes out this with anything
I could agree with you on that, that was one of Taliban's big mistakes, they ddin't know that things were going to get that bad in Afghanistan. But im pretty sure they learned a good lesson from that.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,611,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
but how many admitted readily, they were viet cong if caught of course not, its the ones that arent here that are the viet cong, never the ones you have caught the terrible misunderstanding.
I see your larger point.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:29 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,605,742 times
During Vietnam, if we had a loser like Cheyney's boy Karzai, the CIA would have sponsored a Coup to take him out. We can't do that in Afghanistan because the """Army""" is mostly Tadjik Mercenaries who will take off for Tadjikistan

Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
mrhman92, you give us a different perspective on the current morass America is involved in over there. Obviously you speak from first hand knowledge of the area and it's politics. A different point of view is always valuable in any debate. Since you know there are only 300 Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, I wish you would tell us where they are so we could turn them into grease spots.
Lol, i wish but they probably live bettween Pakistan and Afghanistan, sometimes these wars bring tears to my eyes, because these people suffer when they're already sturggling with their lives and on top of that they get killed in dozens.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,166,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Thats the problem, Pakistan dosent want to get involved with Al qaeda because Pakistan would get even more destabilized with more people dying. Becuase if you think about it right now, they still have a war against the Pakistani Taleban in wazirstan, they also just defeated the Pakistani taliban in swat valley, the U.S. also used to bomb a lot in northen Pakistan but it was unsuccessful which resulted in heavy casulties, Plus Obama would send even more troops which could destebalize Pakistan in a lot of ways. I think Pakistan would go after Al qaeda when things get back in its place.
they only thing we would want is you to hand over your nuclear arssenal because right now if pakistan goes into a civil war and they got into the wrong hands it would be a big thing and we could not let that happen

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
they only thing we would want is you to hand over your nuclear arssenal because right now if pakistan goes into a civil war and they got into the wrong hands it would be a big thing and we could not let that happen
Pakistan's government is stabelized trust me, but if the U.S. pressures Pakistan into starting a war against its people who are against the U.S. occupation in Afghanistan then this could result in a civil war. Thats why Pakistan refuses to listen to U.S. sometimes because they know what they're doing. Most of Al-qaeda fighters have been killed anyways, Al-qaeda is not even that strong anymore. These bombings that happend in Madrid and London was from some muslims who want the war there to end because nothing is getting accomplished in Afghanistan. Now if the U.S. wants to stay even longer and set up their own bases in Pakistan this could make the U.S. even a bigger target and terrorist attacks would happen more often in the west.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,166,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Lol, i wish but they probably live bettween Pakistan and Afghanistan, sometimes these wars bring tears to my eyes, because these people suffer when they're already sturggling with their lives and on top of that they get killed in dozens.
we feel it too when our troops are killed over there what do you think will happen when we decide to leave I know my country is leaving in 2011 when we pull all our combat troops out and we handed over our military bases to the states all ready
Since 2001, Canada has had troops deployed in Afghanistan as part of the U.S. stabilization force and the UN-authorized, NATO-commanded International Security Assistance Force. Canada has committed to withdraw from Kandahar Province by 2011,[125] by which time it will have spent an estimated total of $11.3 billion on the mission.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:56 PM

Thats why muslims are always against these wars, because these wars would eventually increase more attacks in western countries, hatred against white people would increase, and dont be surprised to see the U.S. or any other country western country get attacked that could be similar to 9-11 if these wars continue.

Last edited by mrhman92; 11-26-2009 at 10:18 PM..

Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
we feel it too when our troops are killed over there what do you think will happen when we decide to leave I know my country is leaving in 2011 when we pull all our combat troops out and we handed over our military bases to the states all ready
Since 2001, Canada has had troops deployed in Afghanistan as part of the U.S. stabilization force and the UN-authorized, NATO-commanded International Security Assistance Force. Canada has committed to withdraw from Kandahar Province by 2011,[125] by which time it will have spent an estimated total of $11.3 billion on the mission.
Im really happy that Canada is pulling out, because i dont want them to lose their soldiers in a war that cannot be won. Im against these wars because i know these wars bring more hatreds, there are people in Afghanistan who think that white people are cruel because of the actions they were exposed to, like you would find that even young kids hate these soldiers or white people in general because of NATO's horrible acts, thats why some of the white people sometimes get beheaded when they get kidnapped and stuff like that, in the end all of this makes any american, canadian, or european person like a target to kill even if they're not soldiers and this is what results in terrorist attacks.

Last edited by mrhman92; 11-26-2009 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies