Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:39 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times

Advertisements

From the article:
"The Senate healthcare bill has numerous flaws – but you needn’t know the details to know that it erodes freedom, restricts your ability to care for your family according to your wishes, costs trillions of dollars, increases taxes, increases premiums and is so massive that it is impossible to comprehend fully."

How the **** are you going to know all this without knowing the details? Typical flame without reading rant. He even admits that it's ok to draw those conclusions without finding out the details for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:51 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Words do have meaning but running a document through keyword count software proves nothing what so ever. Example: here's what happens when you run the OP post through. With his words out of order like this no one could know what the OP was actually saying.

Word Count: that 4 show 4 and 3 the 3 in 3 up 3 words 3 his 2 very 2 don't 2 do 2 it 2 others 2 mean 2 bill 2 when 1 during 1 president 1 things 1 us 1 campaign 1 said 1 he 1 appears 1 says 1 they 1 obama 1 them 1 for 1 same 1 barack 1 way 1 list 1 so 1 of 1 reid 1 somehow 1 here 1 anything 1 is 1 a 1 healthcare 1 some 1 often 1 harry 1 find 1 feels 1 proceeded 1 to 1 i 1 certain 1 never 1 important 1 why 1 interesting 1 times 1 well 1

yes, but that's not a piece of legislation. it makes a difference!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Why would the word "Constitution" appear in the bill? Any bill? That doesn't make any sense at all. All law is de facto constitutional until challenged and overruled. There is no reason to refer to the Constitution in any bill, unless that bill specifically addresses the Constitution itself.
Why would Constitution appear in a bill like this one with 3607 shalls or shall nots? I am sure that the word Secretary written like that is referring to the Secretary of HHS and that she will have a ball making all those shalls mean what the Dems want. How about Require showing up 1025 times?

Since you are so intent on things that mean nothing why don't you tell me why in a healthcare bill the term Internal Revenue showed up 104 times? Of course, you may not even know what the only government bureau called Internal Revenue does, but in case you don't let me tell you that a tax is involved when those words show up together like that. What in hell is the reason for Internal Revenue in a health bill unless they are collecting a tax?

Nice try but you came in undressed.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.
I saw that and thought it was a great chance for lefties to try to turn the discussion their way. You know, attack the messenger and not the message. Would you like to be the first one to say something about the message or did you fail to read the link, too?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Well, when I hear or read "the Constitution," it induces thought. To many - way too many - it just invokes either anger or warm fuzzy feelings.

Conservatives think. Liberals feel. I guess most of Obama's critics are liberal at heart.
So Constitution 0 is the only term you picked up on? Nice lefty attack the messenger without saying word one about the message. Did you read the link so you could attack the message or did you just scan enough to get something to attack the messenger about. Maybe you should be the first one to attack the message and prove some part of it wrong.

I can't be nice when people try to pull tricks like this. Well, anyway not one lefty has said a thing about the message, only attacked the messenger. I guess I should have cheated and wiped out the last few numbers, but I don't operate like that.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Words do have meaning but running a document through keyword count software proves nothing what so ever. Example: here's what happens when you run the OP post through. With his words out of order like this no one could know what the OP was actually saying.

Word Count: that 4 show 4 and 3 the 3 in 3 up 3 words 3 his 2 very 2 don't 2 do 2 it 2 others 2 mean 2 bill 2 when 1 during 1 president 1 things 1 us 1 campaign 1 said 1 he 1 appears 1 says 1 they 1 obama 1 them 1 for 1 same 1 barack 1 way 1 list 1 so 1 of 1 reid 1 somehow 1 here 1 anything 1 is 1 a 1 healthcare 1 some 1 often 1 harry 1 find 1 feels 1 proceeded 1 to 1 i 1 certain 1 never 1 important 1 why 1 interesting 1 times 1 well 1
You should try reading the link and then attack the message instead of proving your leftness by attacking the messenger. You proved zilch to any thinkers but you did have a good time, I think.

Do you think that the word Secretary appearing written like that wasn't referring to the Secretary of HHS and the rules she gets to insert to give the bill more meaning? How about Internal Service? Would there be a reason for that term to show up if they weren't collecting a tax?

You have made a cute post, now answer some of my questions. Ain't got the guts, huh?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
From the article:
"The Senate healthcare bill has numerous flaws – but you needn’t know the details to know that it erodes freedom, restricts your ability to care for your family according to your wishes, costs trillions of dollars, increases taxes, increases premiums and is so massive that it is impossible to comprehend fully."

How the **** are you going to know all this without knowing the details? Typical flame without reading rant. He even admits that it's ok to draw those conclusions without finding out the details for yourself.
I don't think one needs lots of details to know that taxes will be increased and charged when you see the words Internal Revenue showing up 104 times in a health care bill. Now since libs feel and conservatives think I could be wrong but I think that your Logic is too left for you to understand any of that link. You did read the link so you could talk intelligently about it, didn't you?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 PM

737 posts, read 1,176,703 times
I notice "Reagan" isn't in the bill either... must be liberal bias

Old 11-25-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
yes, but that's not a piece of legislation. it makes a difference!
It makes no difference to these people when they are doing all they can do to attack the messenger and don't even know what the message says. Yes, it does make a difference but then all the words that appeared so many times mean something and make a difference too. I wonder why seeing Secretary spelled with that upper case s doesn't say that the Secretary of HHS can flesh out parts of this thing. It only showed up 2500 times and that is one or two more than should have been necessary unless that is what Harry intended.

Even worse yet is the 104 times that Internal Revenue showed up in a health care bill. Obviously, this bill has a number of new taxes for them to collect. No new taxes they say? My God, I can't believe their words.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I notice "Reagan" isn't in the bill either... must be liberal bias
Jeeeeeeez Loooooooueeeeez, is that stupid. I'll bet Clinton doesn't show up there either. How about the hero himself, Teddy Kennedy? Oh, I forgot they give him credit for all that hard work he did to get something like this done.

BTW, Reagan wasn't a favorite of mine until I started doing forums and read a few lefties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies